PerformanceTrucks.net Forums

PerformanceTrucks.net Forums (https://www.performancetrucks.net/forums/)
-   PROJECTS GALLERY (https://www.performancetrucks.net/forums/projects-gallery-189/)
-   -   I hope I'm not late for work! (https://www.performancetrucks.net/forums/projects-gallery-189/i-hope-im-not-late-work-518144/)

Bumpers 07-21-2014 11:10 AM

would a HD hood give the clearance you need?

Atomic 07-21-2014 11:41 AM

Im not sure but I replaced the fitting with a shorter one so it is all good now. The reason I used the pipe in the first place is because I broke a fitting off into the turbo cartridge because I could get straight on the fitting with a wrench and it was brass. I used a steel pipe to get it up so I could get it at a better angle, but now I just used a steel fitting straight into the turbo.

Got everything working yesterday and took it for a drive. The new brakes are freaking awesome I can lock them up no problem. I might even get that ABS controller thing fixed :lol:

New alternator is working great. No change in engine load when the fans come on so tuning should be much more consistent.

New PCV routing on the driver side valve cover seems to have cured the pressurazation problem over there (no more leaking cover bolt seals). Now I just need to to something similar on the passenger side since the cap breather thing is still spitting a little bit.

The wastegate setup works so much better now. I currently have my boost controller to hold the gate shut until the preset boost then slam it open. I have the sensistivity set to zero so this is just the gate pressure, but it maintains boost pretty well through the whole range. Played around some at 8psi and 15psi and it worked great. As a side note, I am not so against the wastegate dumps anymore. Since the gates slam open at 15psi or so its like a sudden roar and not just a gradually getting louder exhaust leak. I glanced at the backpressure gauge and it looks like backpressure takes a nose dive when the gates open, which is a great thing consider the boost is where it should be. Spool time is also very fast which I am pleased with.

I ended up making a custom dipstick using the lower part of the stock one and some tube to an adapters and some AN hose. Didnt work out quite like I wanted but works better than what is there. Only bad thing is I melted the replacement plastic fender liner even though its 6-8" away from the turbo. Needs a heat sheild or something.

I hope to make it out to the track this friday to get some numbers, should be fun!

sprayedenali 07-21-2014 02:08 PM

what boost controller did you go with?

Atomic 07-21-2014 03:12 PM

Same one I was using before, eboost street

kbracing96 07-25-2014 02:34 PM

Might try just putting some foil heat ducting tape on the wheel well liner to just reflect the heat and not melt it.

Atomic 07-26-2014 12:10 AM

I put the stock one back on and it appears to be holding up better.

I found the most redneck track in alabama :lol:

Didnt get a good pass but got this cool video of spinning all 4 most of the way down the track. New pipes sounds pretty good I think

work truck spinning down the track - YouTube

FFDP 07-26-2014 12:15 AM

Looks like you went all the way to 80 mph spinning and it dropped to 50-60mph and took off again haha.

Not much for traction there.

smokeshow 07-26-2014 05:48 AM

Sucks that it spins so bad. Those radials done or does it ever hook at all when you leave like a dickhead on 18psi? lol

Chevy_King1500 07-26-2014 06:23 AM

damn that sounds good

Atomic 07-26-2014 09:20 AM

It was my first time going to that track so I wasnt really sure what to expect. Literally the slowest bunch of cars and bikes I have ever seen. I think I saw one car in the 6s and a dragster in the 5s.

It usually starts spinning if I launch over 13psi but I havent had a chance to really dick with the boost controller yet.

Wrapping the hot pipes added 100-150 degrees to the cruising egt, which now sits around 1550-1600 0_o