PROJECTS GALLERY Vehicle builds | Engine Swaps | Conversions | Installation write ups |

I don't know what to do with my hands.

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2019, 08:25 PM
On The Tree

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by chevykev
What fuel cell is that and what did that set you back if you don’t mind me asking? Did you ditch the stock tank?
It's a DBRods fuel cell. It was a little north of $700. I did get rid the stock tank. Didn't want to deal with running pumps dry below a quarter tank. Look him up and give him a call, John is a very knowledgeable and great guy. Always took time when I called him for questions.
Old 06-26-2019, 09:09 PM
On The Tree

it's amazing how much I've done under the hood and it still looks relatively stock because of wire loom and black an lines. Also, someone needs to buy my hallman manual boost controller.
Old 07-02-2019, 10:48 AM
On The Tree

Didn't realize how big the wheel is on a 7875!

Getting awfully close! Rest of the turbo kit should be here next week.
Old 07-02-2019, 04:41 PM
Launching!

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Nice I want a turbo just like that for my truck. Where did you get that if you don’t mind? Heard good things from 78/75. Is that an on3?
Old 07-02-2019, 04:42 PM
Launching!

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Nvm just zoomed the picture didn’t know Huron speed sold them. How much are they charging for the that turbo? Heard it’s a good budget. How much power you looking to make?
Old 07-19-2019, 06:09 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by chevykev
Nvm just zoomed the picture didn’t know Huron speed sold them. How much are they charging for the that turbo? Heard it’s a good budget. How much power you looking to make?
Sorry, I just saw this. I got it as part of the huronspeed group buy so I don't know exactly what I paid.

Everything of my turbo kit is here except for the intercooler. It's all HS including the waste gate and BOV.

Kinda neat to have some certificates to hang up. I'm trying to get a better education of automotive fabrication. It's HP academys intro and middle course for automotive wiring harnesses.

I've been working on piecing together some fabrication stuff including a small hydraulic press, a finger brake, a drill press, and a mig machine (picking up my 75/25 bottle in the morning). Next thing up is a 7x12 band saw whenever I get back home.
Old 08-21-2019, 02:06 PM
On The Tree

Got a little update for y'all!

Got the kit almost all together. The downpipe was hitting the frame and pointing in towards the transmission so huronspeed has another one on the way and hopefully that fixes my little issues, top notch guys though! Jon answered my email on a weekend and got me taken care of ASAP. I was kinda proud of how the IAT pigtail turned out, first time I've wired something after taking the Hpacademy's course. I ended up reworking Huronspeed's intercooler piping to shorten it up. Just had to cut the headlight brackets a bit after flipping the IC. I picked up AHPs new welder recently and this is my first time in 4 or 5 years touching aluminum so don't judge the welds too harshly lol. No one tells you that tapping the pan in the truck isn't as easily accessible with trans lines and an AC compressor in there. Now I just gotta figure out how to repolish my IC pipes.
The following users liked this post:
pcmcobra (08-21-2019)
Old 08-21-2019, 04:54 PM
Teching In

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Sweet truck and build, I have a very similar set up that I'm waiting to get started on. Sub'd for some updates. Did the intercooler mounting bracket come with your kit? I dont remember seeing one with mine. Although all my stuff it packed away in storage tell I get into my new house.
Old 08-21-2019, 06:23 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by xKILLORADOx
Sweet truck and build, I have a very similar set up that I'm waiting to get started on. Sub'd for some updates. Did the intercooler mounting bracket come with your kit? I dont remember seeing one with mine. Although all my stuff it packed away in storage tell I get into my new house.
Yessir, the bracket came with it, if you can't find yours lemme know and I'll get you dimensions of mine.
Old 09-02-2019, 08:47 PM
On The Tree

I don't know how to embed photos, but I'm starting to lean the truck out. EBC is nice. This was a punch from a dead stop. My AEM wideband bit the dust so don't mind all the wires from my backup one. Definitely need to go back and adjust some of the idle fuel cells as well. This is with stock converter and stock 4l60, and 4.10 gears.

The following users liked this post:
xKILLORADOx (09-03-2019)

Quick Reply: I don't know what to do with my hands.