PROJECTS GALLERY Vehicle builds | Engine Swaps | Conversions | Installation write ups |

I don't know what to do with my hands.

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2019, 03:38 PM
On The Tree

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Default I don't know what to do with my hands.

Well, I finally got my hands on a RCSB. I've always wanted to build a quick street truck and things have fallen into place enough I can afford to do it. I've had a few toys in the past, turbo Civic, moderately built WRX, thirdgen z28 with a pre emissions 350 swapped and a small cam, but I'm ready to join the 500+whp club. The truck is an 03 with a 4.8 and 194xxx miles on it. All stock except for a flowmaster dumped under the cab which I didn't care for so on the way home I stopped and had a carven muffler with tips in front of the tire put on. Don't know if I really care for that setup either to be honest.

Old 02-22-2019, 04:03 PM
On The Tree

So I got lucky and found a full length center console the next day I bought the truck for $60 along with a better condition glove box. Found a write up on how to cut the glovebox to fit and swapped it in. Decided to get started on an efan swap so I ordered some dorman fans off of Amazon and placed an order to pcm of NC for a fan harness.
The only tuner close to me is ETMC in Longview which is an hour away and it's just not convenient when you want to make small adjustments to things and I've dabbled in tuning a little with megasquirt and open source tunings so I picked up hptuners. I'm being careful and have played with the PE and turned my rear O2s off since they were bad throwing codes anyways.
I have a 4/6 drop on the way but it's coming in pieces so this is all I have of it, also have a new rear bumper sitting in the shop to get rid of the primer roll pa on the back.
Decided to break these out of storage from my old Honda build. Just a hallman MBC and AEM boost and wideband.
I've got a deposit down on a huron speed turbo kit, don't know what turbo I want to run. So any input on that would be nice.
Old 02-22-2019, 04:58 PM
100% Redneck

Received 1,329 Likes on 792 Posts

Looks like you're off to a great start. I've done some of the same mods to my rcsb sierra. Are those F body fans as they look smaller than the gmt800 fans, if so I recon you're trying to keep the 28" radiator. Did the 03+ full console too then did some cutting to install a B&M floor shifter, looks factory and oh man so much more fun driving than the old column shifter. The HP Tuners will come in handy. I've used mine a heck of a lot more than I thought I would have!
Old 02-22-2019, 05:06 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by RedXray
Looks like you're off to a great start. I've done some of the same mods to my rcsb sierra. Are those F body fans as they look smaller than the gmt800 fans, if so I recon you're trying to keep the 28" radiator.
Yessir, they're fbody fans to fit the smaller radiator. Thanks!
Old 02-22-2019, 05:58 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 252 Likes on 164 Posts

I like this!
Old 02-25-2019, 05:57 PM
On The Tree

Well, nothing much to add. I got my fan harness in from PCM of NC and scored a good deal on some 1650cc injectors from RedRumSS. I also ordered some of the ebay fuel rails for the truck from Fasster.

Would anyone be kind enough to look over my tune to make sure i did the E fan patch appropriately? Also i got the PE adjusted, but would like a little info on where to adjust TM. If anyone reads this i would really appreciate any input.
Attached Files
File Type: hpt
Efan swap. 2-25-19.hpt (249.5 KB, 87 views)
Old 02-26-2019, 12:21 PM
On The Tree

The bed notch is on back order, but my 4/6 drop came in. Chief inspector said it's good stuff. I gotta find some tires now so I can go ahead and drop it.
Old 02-26-2019, 02:00 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 1,433 Likes on 1,061 Posts

Your pup has steely blue eyes!! Like piercingly blue. Beautiful pup!
Old 02-26-2019, 02:46 PM
Launching!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

is that one of those australian cattle dogs? Beautiful pup.
Old 02-26-2019, 02:50 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by pcmcobra
is that one of those australian cattle dogs? Beautiful pup.
Originally Posted by arthursc2
Your pup has steely blue eyes!! Like piercingly blue. Beautiful pup!
​​​​​​​Thanks guys, that's Hank, my sidekick. He's about 5 months old, mini Australian Shepherd.

Quick Reply: I don't know what to do with my hands.