PerformanceTrucks.net Forums

PerformanceTrucks.net Forums (https://www.performancetrucks.net/forums/)
-   PROJECTS GALLERY (https://www.performancetrucks.net/forums/projects-gallery-189/)
-   -   Forged 370 coming together. (https://www.performancetrucks.net/forums/projects-gallery-189/forged-370-coming-together-388232/)

Spoolin 06-27-2007 05:48 PM

Originally Posted by vanillagorilla
Are you planning on pushing 22psi on a 370 with the 76mm turbo in your sig? What kind of head gaskets did you guys go with? What stud size? Did you o-ring it or anything?

Yeah, that is what I'm hoping for, however what the 76mm is gonna give is still uncertain. I'll have my wg set to 20-22psi but wether or not the turbo can provide that is another question. I know parish was seeing 18 lbs with the 76mm on his 5.3 but his set up was a little more restrictive with the stock heads and what was it a Z06 cam?? Richard helped me make the engine as free flowing as possible. With a smaller set of heads or a smaller cam it would be alot easier to get to 20-22 psi but I'm hoping for the most cfm as possible. If I can get to 16-18psi I think I'll be happy with that. That is also why the cam is so big if that's what you were wondering. I use my truck's hp more at the higher RPM's than the low ones as I'm not usually street racing from a dig. Not sure on the gasket or stud size but richard was aware of what kinda pressure it's gonna be seeing. Hopefully he'll chime in with better detail. That being said, blowing a gasket is a possiblity but I'll cross that bridge when I get there.

Anything I miss Richard?? :)

Richard@WCCH 06-27-2007 11:30 PM

Originally Posted by Spoolin
Anything I miss Richard?? :)

We chose the Fel Pro MLS gaskets because they've proven to be a pretty tough gakset in similar applications and I've seen them hold over 20lbs of boost with stock dia. studs. The Edlebrock heads are especially tough around the deck area and will give maximum support for head gasket sealing. Reaching 18-20lbs of boost is going to require (besides an effecient turbo) a very good tune. Without a doubt Spoolin's truck is going to be setting a standard for CC performance. He's invested well in the proper places and is really close to seeing his goal met.

Nice truck Spoolin. I wish it were mine. :D

Richard :)

Wheatley 06-28-2007 01:44 AM

Silverbrick,call me buddy

dhpro 06-28-2007 06:35 AM

whos doin the tuning? What baseline tune will u start from? I'm learning way too much about tuning than I'd like as I'm finding its more than just AFR and other "BIG PICTURE" aspects :confused: ...make sure u work with someone who has access to both HPT and EFI, and who understands EXACTLY how to tune a 2Bar...a good book to get is by Greg Banish called Engine Management - Advanced Tuning. Its very informative and he even gives classes all over the country. R/

Spoolin 06-28-2007 09:50 AM

Richard was kind enough to come in on Saturday and help me flash a base 6L / 4L80E tune in my truck. (I'd love to see anyone else do that on their own "off" time).
Other than that there is a local tuner who's really good apparently and he actually tuned my truck previously and did a great job. He's really active on HPtuners forum so at least he's definetly in the "know" so to speak or has a good source of info. Haven't heard one bad thing about his work yet so...we'll see!!
I was trying to convince parish to come out here and tune my truck... :poke: All in all it probably would of been cheaper too if you think about it!! Lol.

Spoolin 07-19-2007 03:08 AM

Got my truck back from the tuners...need your guy's help.
Please see post below.

https://www.performancetrucks.net/fo...d.php?t=397191

dhpro 07-19-2007 06:39 AM

dude, don't putz around with something thats not basic IMO. Get rid of it and get a new one u know will work...Vig...etc. U and I both know that trying to make a questionable part work, isn't worth the extra 5hp, hair loss and shorter lifespan! :bang:

blkssncpt 07-19-2007 08:58 AM

WoW looks great (soon to be a four door beast).... :hail: :hail: :hail:

ZZebes 07-19-2007 09:51 AM

it looks like a tune problem as well as a poorly selected and possibly busted converter. but be careful cause if your converter is slippin that bad it can superheat the fluid and burn up your tranny :boom:

NegraRCSB2X4auto 07-21-2007 09:17 AM

save some money for a new trany you may need it.