PROJECTS GALLERY Vehicle builds | Engine Swaps | Conversions | Installation write ups |

Drizzy’s Build: Cornflake; formally known as Snowflake

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2019, 12:42 PM
Launching!

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

So you run feed line to reg first then to rails and regulator back to tank? I heard going to rails off feed then to regulator is the way it works? Maybe I heard wrong but if you have no issues then I may go that route when I boost my truck. What injectors you running?
Old 07-14-2019, 12:46 PM
Launching!

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

https://aeromotiveinc.com/tech-help/...fi-regulators/
Old 07-14-2019, 01:00 PM
Staging Lane

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by chevykev
So you run feed line to reg first then to rails and regulator back to tank? I heard going to rails off feed then to regulator is the way it works? Maybe I heard wrong but if you have no issues then I may go that route when I boost my truck. What injectors you running?
“Optimum” is having the regulator after the rails, but many people run it before the rails and it’s been working perfect for me. I may change if it if I redo my entire fuel system. Injectors are Deka 80s.
Old 07-15-2019, 04:18 PM
Staging Lane

Gauges all wired in and mounted. Fuel pressure and AFR in the headliner console. Tru Boost in the dash cubby hole. Devils Own controller mounted to the left of the steering wheel.

Not much left to do before it’s time to take the truck down. Got a Stage 2 4.8 turbo cam from LJMS, BTR dual valve springs and pushrods, and ls7 lifters waiting to go in. Black Friday comes around Thompson Motorsports posts their rod and piston 370 on sale. So that happened and 3 weeks later, this showed up.

K1 rods, Diamond -2cc pistons, stock crank with ARP main studs. Original plan was to run 317 heads to put me right at 10:1 compression, but could got a good deal on some 862s first. So we’re at 11.3:1. Also picked up a VS Racing 7875 to go along with bigger motor.

Couldn’t decide on a for sure color I wouldn’t regret in 6 months, so powdered some parts gloss black.

Everything is ready to go in, just waiting on a good day to drop it off with my buddy who’s going to put it all in. Also have a 150k mile 4l80e with a HD2 kit, Scruggs crossmember, Nelson conversion harness, TCI flexplate, and Circle D 278mm 2800 converter. Detroit TruTrac, Yukon axles, and 4:10 gears going in the 10 bolt.
Old 07-15-2019, 08:48 PM
Launching!

Received 38 Likes on 24 Posts

Great build man love how everything is coming together. Just curious- where'd you get the gauge mounts for the overhead console and cubby?
Old 07-15-2019, 09:19 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by settlemoore
Great build man love how everything is coming together. Just curious- where'd you get the gauge mounts for the overhead console and cubby?
Thanks man. Can’t remember who makes the overhead mount, but it came from eBay. $70 if I remember correctly. Billet, real nice piece. The cubby mount is from CubbyCam. Think it was $40 + $20ish for shipping. Wayyy overpriced for a piece of plastic, but it’s what I wanted.
Old 07-22-2019, 05:05 PM
Staging Lane

Didn’t get many pictures while the truck was down. First order of business once everything was in was measuring and ordering the drive shaft. Went with 5” .125 thick aluminum. 1350 at the trans and 1330/3R at the rear. Got intake on. Turbo kit mounted. Found out their hot side doesn’t fit with the 4l80e. Had to shave of bell housing.

Was able to fit the 4” intercooler and the TruCool 40k behind the grille. Made up my trans cooler lines. Was scared to idle of new motor long enough to check for leaks so I pulled the PCM and had it bench tuned at Gwatney Performance Innovations in Jacksonville AR. Got everything on and ready to fire. Wouldn’t start. Fought with it for a couple days. Took the PCM back there so they could double check. Put it back in, still no good. Would crank and fire off for a split second. Long story short, the MAF code never failed so it would not go into SD mode. Rewired my MAF back in, fires right up, unplugged it and stayed running so we’re good.

Loaded it up and dropped it off with GPI for dyno tune. Made 575hp/574tq in second gear on e85.

Was originally running a vacuum block but wanted to clean things up a little more so I ordered some weld in 1/8npt bungs and added them to the intake.

Went with a th a slightly more street friendly wheel/tire combo for summer weather. 20x10 Hostile Exile and 305/50R20 Nitto 420s.

Pretty much where we’re at now. Will probably stay this way until winter. Got some suspension and different turbo plans.

Last edited by Drizzy; 07-22-2019 at 05:17 PM.
Old 07-23-2019, 12:30 PM
I have a gauge for that

Received 374 Likes on 255 Posts

Nice job! I like how you did those intake taps, looks good.
Old 08-02-2019, 11:15 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Atomic
Nice job! I like how you did those intake taps, looks good.
Thanks! Much cleaner appearance.
Old 08-02-2019, 11:34 AM
Staging Lane

Scooped this up during Trick’s summer sale. Stage 5 hot side. T4, 3.5 downpipe. Very impressed! Went back and forth between this and Stage 6, but not really looking for a whole lot more power than what I’ve got, just going to a s400 for less backpressure and lower egts. Planning on using this truck to pull a 5-6k camper in the future. Would like to get a Trick race intercooler, but it’s on down the list.

Jose from FI recommended a S476 ETR Billet with an 87 or 92 turbine. Only issue is it’s $1500... Not sure I want to drop that kind of coin when I’m only looking for 700whp turned up. Considering a couple VS Racing units, as I don’t have any complaints about the 7875.

Truck is currently on jack stands. Broke an inner toe rod a couple days ago, going to replace the rack and pinion, ball joints, and tie rod ends. Considering making up some AN power steering hose since I have some left over 6AN hose from fuel and trans lines. Anyone have a list of fittings I’ll need?

Putting a Zone Add-A-Leaf on the rear to get it leveled out. Was my only option because I didn’t want to go with a lift block. Plus it’ll help with towing. Atomics shock relocation kit and a set of traction bars are on the list next.

Quick Reply: Drizzy’s Build: Cornflake; formally known as Snowflake