PROJECTS GALLERY Vehicle builds | Engine Swaps | Conversions | Installation write ups |

CHRGDUP Denali

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2018, 12:18 PM
Launching!

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Sounds awesome! That truck looks oddly familiar???? Sometimes I wish I would have stopped at your point of the build..... Its a slippery slope, be careful..
Old 02-27-2018, 12:31 PM
On The Tree

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by D1SCSS
Sounds awesome! That truck looks oddly familiar???? Sometimes I wish I would have stopped at your point of the build..... Its a slippery slope, be careful..
true. I am a college student and graduate in May and then will be doing the engagement ring and house thing so I will be hitting a "stopping point" in the modding soon.... maybe lol. want to do exhaust, 4" intake, 90mm tb, injectors, and up boost a little and finally get it fine tuned then call it quits for a while.
Old 02-27-2018, 02:01 PM
TECH Regular

Received 23 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by Logan Cormier
true. I am a college student and graduate in May and then will be doing the engagement ring and house thing so I will be hitting a "stopping point" in the modding soon.... maybe lol. want to do exhaust, 4" intake, 90mm tb, injectors, and up boost a little and finally get it fine tuned then call it quits for a while.
Man dont say that lol.

Im actually in the same boat as you, same truck, color and all, just working on a cam or LSA blower in the next month or so.

I actually bought the house, then the ring, now got the baby on the way. Gonna be graduating in Dec, and im afraid life will make me pump the brakes on my toys lol.

Beautiful truck btw.
Old 02-27-2018, 04:10 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by kaze_v8
Man dont say that lol.

Im actually in the same boat as you, same truck, color and all, just working on a cam or LSA blower in the next month or so.

I actually bought the house, then the ring, now got the baby on the way. Gonna be graduating in Dec, and im afraid life will make me pump the brakes on my toys lol.

Beautiful truck btw.
nice man. I just paid it off last week so I am note free at the moment. going to do the few things I've been putting off for a while then get back in debt lol. and thanks man, I love this truck.
Old 02-28-2018, 06:34 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 404 Likes on 318 Posts

Originally Posted by Logan Cormier

I have headers and mufflers at the house. waiting on vbands, mandrel pieces, tips, and x pipe.
Sweet! That's going to make a huge difference. You ought to go ahead and get a ZEP pulley since you are going to need a retune anyway. Mine loves it so far, much better top end and pulls like a train on 13 pounds...
Old 02-28-2018, 06:50 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by smokinlmm
Sweet! That's going to make a huge difference. You ought to go ahead and get a ZEP pulley since you are going to need a retune anyway. Mine loves it so far, much better top end and pulls like a train on 13 pounds...
I actually have been planning on that, along with hd tensioner and 100mm idler. only issue is all I have 6.2 flex fuel injectors waiting to go on the truck bc right now all I have is the maggy injectors. I may retune and see what duty cycle they are at first then consider throw a smaller griptec pulley on there. don't have the extra money for better injectors at the moment but am planning to run FIC 775s
Old 02-28-2018, 10:13 PM
On The Tree

night view of the AEM gauges. close enough! wideband sensor is waiting on new exhaust...
Old 03-04-2018, 03:29 PM
On The Tree

I have all of the parts to build my exhaust, just need time now. here are pics of everything. It will be dual 3" with x pipe and under bumper exit (where 6.2 trucks exit) with 2-4" stainless tips side by side to look like a dual tip but actually be 2 separate pipes. the mufflers are AP exhaust xlerators which are pretty much knock off magnaflows. same stainless straight through perforated design but a lot cheaper. they are 18". i bought 4-v band clamps, they will be at the headers of course and after the "y pipe” to be able to separate it (dual exhaust but you get the idea). my dad use to do exhaust in his shop in the backyard so he has a hydraulic exhaust bending machine, which puts an indention in the pipe when it bends. the mandrel 180° bend will be used for the sharp 90° bends off of the driver's side header. was cheaper to just buy a 180° and cut it. the rest of the bends will not be as sharp and will just be done with his machine, to make it easier. I also found a pic of what it will pretty much look like when done, even though that is just a truck with a dual tip. will post more pics once we start on it.

Old 03-05-2018, 04:16 PM
Staging Lane

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

That's a great sounding exhaust. Do you think you need the dual 3" exhaust though. At what power level does a 2.5" exhaust run into flow limitations?
Old 03-05-2018, 04:32 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by dsmmace
That's a great sounding exhaust. Do you think you need the dual 3" exhaust though. At what power level does a 2.5" exhaust run into flow limitations?
I am no scientist and can only go off the research I've done. according to this estimate chart, dual 2.5" would not even be enough for the hp my truck is making currently. my plans are to break into the 600s rwhp range. dual 3" should fit the bill. but I am open to any information stating otherwise, though I will probably do dual 3" anyways.

Quick Reply: CHRGDUP Denali