PROJECTS GALLERY Vehicle builds | Engine Swaps | Conversions | Installation write ups |

Blown06-New Build: Cage, 4-Link, Cog Drive, + Too Much More

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2015, 10:26 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Blown06
Morris is working on the blower........
Thats one of the more exciting things going on in this thread. That man knows how to get the most out of a Procharger. I can't wait to see the outcome.
Old 10-16-2015, 01:31 AM
8 Second Truck Club

Received 39 Likes on 31 Posts

Does anyone have a hook up at ATI (the balancer company). Not looking for a price hook up, looking to talk to someone that didn't work at 7-11 last week and this week they are professional engine builders.

I forget to get a name, but who ever I talked to today was a *****.
Old 10-16-2015, 09:01 AM
02 w/ lowest mileage 2800

I usually deal with Ricky ext. 3041 or Charlie ext. 3028.
Old 10-17-2015, 01:13 AM
8 Second Truck Club

Originally Posted by blown02408
I usually deal with Ricky ext. 3041 or Charlie ext. 3028.
Thanks
Old 10-17-2015, 01:21 AM
8 Second Truck Club

Well, tonight was discouraging. I had some time and was going to finish 100% of the chassis stuff and ended up getting nothing done cause I ran into a little problem. I think the issue lies in the StrongArms A-arms. I was going to set up my front end limiters and fab a bump stop. So what I did was put the dummy shocks in that are set at ride height. Take a measurement. Put the real shocks on and let the frontend hang and take a measurement to see what the total front extension was limited by the shock. The first side, I measured 8 inches, which is were I figured it would be. Then the other side and it was 6.75 inches. WTF? Got to looking at it and the shock was fully extended on the short side, so took the shock off and ran it through the range of motion and it would not come down any further. Took the tierod off to make sure nothing was binding up there and still didn't drop. Basically nothing but the a-arms connected to the frame and spindle and it binds up somewhere. Looks like the upper ball joint, but I'm not sure.

I'm gonna call Ridetech Monday and see if I can find someone there who might know whats up. I'm sure I'll get a genius on the phone like last time. Oh'boy.

Now I hate these ******* arms. Over a grand to save 15lbs and now front geometry appears to be fucked up.
Old 10-20-2015, 03:37 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Blown06
Still debating on trying to build a set of headers. Never done that and I'm intimidated. lol

If I can work it in before February, I'll do it, but not selling the Kooks so I can still run it. This thing is begging for a 2 1/2" header!
I would do it. Headers aren't all that bad honestly and you have a ton of room compared to the crap I have had to work around. I use SPD for flanges but they are expensive and there are other options. You can contact Woolf Aircraft for your bends, they are by far superior in quality and CLR choices. Their prices are pretty damn good too.
Old 10-20-2015, 08:47 PM
TECH Fanatic

Have you thought about building your own control arms? I can't imagine it would be too hard.

And yeah, Bob at AEI is awesome. Ben a huge help to me on a few projects.
Old 10-20-2015, 09:48 PM
Formerly ScreamingL

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I have DJM arms...im 14lbs lighter then stock
I have equal travel on both sides

Im limited to upper ball joint as well but at that point i have a good bit of travel

Tyler has same uppers and reangled the balljoint mount which gave him more

The upper a arm is angled to help with driveing angle but does limit some on extensio
Old 10-20-2015, 11:53 PM
8 Second Truck Club

Originally Posted by sprayed99
I would do it. Headers aren't all that bad honestly and you have a ton of room compared to the crap I have had to work around. I use SPD for flanges but they are expensive and there are other options. You can contact Woolf Aircraft for your bends, they are by far superior in quality and CLR choices. Their prices are pretty damn good too.
Thanks for the heads up. I'll take a look into it.

Originally Posted by sprayedenali
Have you thought about building your own control arms? I can't imagine it would be too hard.

And yeah, Bob at AEI is awesome. Ben a huge help to me on a few projects.
Have not considered building my own. Front suspension seems like voodoo magic to me.

Originally Posted by George C....
I have DJM arms...im 14lbs lighter then stock
I have equal travel on both sides

Im limited to upper ball joint as well but at that point i have a good bit of travel

Tyler has same uppers and reangled the balljoint mount which gave him more

The upper a arm is angled to help with driveing angle but does limit some on extensio
Are you djm arms upper and lower or just lower? got any pics?
Old 10-21-2015, 09:40 AM
Formerly ScreamingL

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Upper and lower...scored both for under 300...got to love summit scratch n dent deals

Pics are in my build

They have ligther tops, mine are solid bar but they also have hollow uppers

Most weight was lost in the lowers

Quick Reply: Blown06-New Build: Cage, 4-Link, Cog Drive, + Too Much More