PROJECTS GALLERY Vehicle builds | Engine Swaps | Conversions | Installation write ups |

1994 chevy to LSx swap

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2010, 06:07 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

speedo and cruise hook up to the speedo wire.

remove the glove box tray an youll see a white box with a harness plug coming from the drivers side of the truck. snip the Orange/White and Blue/Black wires strip enough to put in a butt connector together on one side and the speedo on the other.
Old 12-14-2010, 03:17 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by iamkeniff
speedo and cruise hook up to the speedo wire.

remove the glove box tray an youll see a white box with a harness plug coming from the drivers side of the truck. snip the Orange/White and Blue/Black wires strip enough to put in a butt connector together on one side and the speedo on the other.
Thanks iamkeniff. I found your LS1truck posting so I'll pour over it this evening.

Rick
Old 12-14-2010, 05:19 PM

no problem buddy...lemme know if you need anything
Old 12-15-2010, 08:16 AM

Thanks a ton for the write up and all the detail. Just started an early LQ4/4l80E swap into my '97 extended cab stepside 1/2 ton.

I really need to know what you used for AC compressor brackets, and if those brackets had to be modified to work.
Old 12-15-2010, 08:41 AM

its a Josh Powers A/C bracket. all i did was get longer bolts that hold the compressor. i had a goofy compressor so the mounting tabs were a little longer. worked just fine with a Grade 8 bolt though. if you put you water temp gauge in the water pump like i started to you have to notch the bracket that goes near the water pump so you can put the sensor in it. other than that i didnt modify anything. i had a hell of a time finding pullies that worked for my application bc i had an odd set up so say. i put a stock tensioner pulley on the top by the compressor, and i put an tensioner pulley for a 94 4.3 on the tensioner. if you need the part number assuming you are going to run a stock crank pulley, and stock alt pulley, i can get that today or tomorrow for you. i recommend an UD crank pulley buddy since the AC pulley is way bigger than the newer AC pulleys, itd be less drag on the motor imo.
Old 12-15-2010, 09:48 AM

its a Josh Powers A/C bracket. all i did was get longer bolts that hold the compressor. i had a goofy compressor so the mounting tabs were a little longer. worked just fine with a Grade 8 bolt though. if you put you water temp gauge in the water pump like i started to you have to notch the bracket that goes near the water pump so you can put the sensor in it. other than that i didnt modify anything. i had a hell of a time finding pullies that worked for my application bc i had an odd set up so say. i put a stock tensioner pulley on the top by the compressor, and i put an tensioner pulley for a 94 4.3 on the tensioner. if you need the part number assuming you are going to run a stock crank pulley, and stock alt pulley, i can get that today or tomorrow for you. i recommend an UD crank pulley buddy since the AC pulley is way bigger than the newer AC pulleys, itd be less drag on the motor imo.
Would be greatly appreciated sir, no huge hurry as I just got the motor only set in, and still need to swap the iron heads for aluminum, and haven't gotten those yet...........plus wiring........plus trans install.........plus figuring out driveshaft.......plus, plus, plus, you get the idea

Again, thanks for the incredibly detailed writeup, it's crucial to newbs like myself to have these references. You're a gentleman.
Old 12-15-2010, 06:14 PM

you should only have to cut down like 1-2" of the driveshaft, but i could be wrong.
Old 12-15-2010, 10:06 PM
TECH Resident

you should only have to cut down like 1-2" of the driveshaft, but i could be wrong.
I haven't started the install yet but since the stock tranny (in my case) is a 4L60E and I'm using the standard motor mount adapters, I assumed I wouldn't have to shorten the driveshaft. I guess I'll just have to wait an see.

Rick
Old 12-16-2010, 11:42 AM

Rick, no you shouldnt have to. i didnt change anything but where the tranmission mounted to the frame (3 new holes, 1 was already there)

as for Philosobrad: you running a 80e you'll have to shorten the driveshaft a little I THINK.
Old 01-28-2011, 06:10 PM

small update....

i have a 6.0(LS2) on my engine stand ill be swapping in come summer since all my projects are done. ill be throwing a 2/4 drop on it i think with a new bumper, paint an front steering

Quick Reply: 1994 chevy to LSx swap