PROJECTS GALLERY Vehicle builds | Engine Swaps | Conversions | Installation write ups |

1990 Yota LSX Swap

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2013, 09:29 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by kelsey_canard
Possibly easiest Ls swap candidate? In for results!
I am praying for the best. Need to get a daily first though before I start the project. Biggest thing for me is wanting it done the right way and daily drivable. The guy I had talked with drove his for over 5 years with no issues daily and he said it was great to see peoples reactions when he flipped his electric cutouts at a red light. Ohhh the ideas just flow!
Old 07-22-2013, 10:04 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Tankz
I am praying for the best. Need to get a daily first though before I start the project. Biggest thing for me is wanting it done the right way and daily drivable. The guy I had talked with drove his for over 5 years with no issues daily and he said it was great to see peoples reactions when he flipped his electric cutouts at a red light. Ohhh the ideas just flow!
That's the way to do it. A daily is definitely necessary. Patience is what makes or breaks a good mechanic. Take your time and do it right without a rush. Good luck with the build. I'll be watching it close.
Old 07-22-2013, 10:09 PM

Originally Posted by kelsey_canard
That's the way to do it. A daily is definitely necessary. Patience is what makes or breaks a good mechanic. Take your time and do it right without a rush. Good luck with the build. I'll be watching it close.
Exactly. Just had the guy send me a link to some of the pictures.

Name:  004.jpg
Views: 489
Size:  157.9 KB

Name:  003.jpg
Views: 529
Size:  120.1 KB

Name:  002.jpg
Views: 490
Size:  100.4 KB

Name:  001.jpg
Views: 478
Size:  133.8 KB

Name:  LS1TOY.jpg
Views: 515
Size:  175.5 KB
Old 07-22-2013, 10:11 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That looks right at home there. Sleeeeppppuuuurrrrr
Old 07-23-2013, 01:52 AM
TECH Resident

now thats a nice clean truck
Old 07-23-2013, 12:19 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts

That swap looks good. Was he able to fit the AC compressor as well? Seems like you will have a tough time getting it between the narrow fram rails if it is mounted low in the factory location. Its interesting he was able to fit the stock manifolds in there. I guess if you wanted headers you would have to have custom ones made though.
Old 07-23-2013, 04:29 PM

Originally Posted by 53bowtie
That swap looks good. Was he able to fit the AC compressor as well? Seems like you will have a tough time getting it between the narrow fram rails if it is mounted low in the factory location. Its interesting he was able to fit the stock manifolds in there. I guess if you wanted headers you would have to have custom ones made though.
That's what I am going for but my truck does no have near the clean appearance as that. Has is dings, scratches, half the body panels are off color and clear coat coming off. But I am going for a true sleeper at least for my definition.

He told me he used fbody swap headers. I looked at picture and they don't look like the stock ones to me but I am still new to the lsx aluminum blocks and stock units. I have only played with the lsx/vortec iron blocks. Mine will probably not be as clean. It will be perfectly functional though. And eventually a little whistle will be heard during acceleration. But far down the road. First things first
Old 07-28-2013, 08:10 AM

So tossing the idea around. I started another thread on it if you care to chime in there so this is only about the build itself and not the research behind it. But I am thinking of maybe doing a destroked ls1 instead. A yota powered by a GM v8 to begin with but a destroked ls1 on top of it and than it being boosted eventually. mmmmmm
Old 07-28-2013, 11:21 AM
Teching In

I am prolly going to be doing the same with a reg cab Toyota truck and mainly a track vehicle. Plan on 5.3 powerglide and single front mount turbo.
Old 07-28-2013, 07:08 PM

Best of luck. Post updates for all of us.

Quick Reply: 1990 Yota LSX Swap