PROJECTS GALLERY Vehicle builds | Engine Swaps | Conversions | Installation write ups |

04 Z71 Daily Driver Slow Build Up

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2020, 10:02 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 118 Likes on 98 Posts

I you want a nice bump in height and not turn your bars up any more. You can always go with a 1.5 body lift for pretty cheap. You can't even tell their on the truck. I've put them on current truck my last truck.
Old 01-20-2020, 10:10 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 766 Likes on 564 Posts

Theres been several TVS setups sell for under $4k on here. The TVS 1900 I bought a few years back was well under $4k and came with everything needed besides fuel injectors and pump.

Nice truck I like the big tire no lift look.
Old 01-21-2020, 06:57 PM
Staging Lane

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by dantheman1540
Theres been several TVS setups sell for under $4k on here. The TVS 1900 I bought a few years back was well under $4k and came with everything needed besides fuel injectors and pump.

Nice truck I like the big tire no lift look.
That may be the route I go, Im not ready to throw down on a SC right now so I have time to figure something out. Decided to cam it for NA for now, and that can be changed later when the boost is figured out.

Thanks for the compliment on the looks, Im a fan of it as well, so keeping it lower with a slight bump in tire size, it helps to keep it practical but still big.
Old 01-21-2020, 08:26 PM
TECH Junkie

Did you get a cam already?
Old 01-23-2020, 08:40 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by dantheman1540
Did you get a cam already?
Not yet. Long tubes are first. And Thinking hard on the SE true dual setup to go with it as well.
Old 01-23-2020, 09:13 AM
TECH Junkie

I am not a cam expert whatsoever but If your looking to eventually put a blower on there are some good cam choices that will work well NA and compliment a blower later. The 212/218 112lsa high lift cam I have in my 6.0 Tahoe is great NA and is actually the same cam specs I was going to run in my RCSB when it was at 16psi just a different LSA to move power higher into the rpm range. Since you have big tires most guys will probably recommend a similar mild cam. In a 5.3 I think it would still be stock converter friendly and sound nice at idle while also working well supercharged.
Old 06-01-2021, 08:29 PM
Staging Lane

Still in school, just finished Junior year at App State. Went up to a 315, played with the torsion bars and leveled it out some. Went full 3 inch exhaust, same Borla muffler, and it's dumped over the rear axle. Less drone, more noise.

Went with drilled/slotted rotors, the 08 up fronts and factory style rears. LEDs up front for dogs and highs, HIDs for the low beams.

Have been talking with the wife about selling/trading the truck, but going to keep it, and in doing that it's going to get a 6.0/4L80e. I'm starting to worry about my transmission. Going to add boost, and leaning more towards a SC. LSA or TVS is high on the list. Wife wants something smaller than her Suburban, so the Burb will be a third vehicle/road trip car, so will get a few things for better mpgs and entertainment for the kiddos.

For work, I'm going to take over a new store, so a place to put it all together and in. I'm probably going to buy a new trans (not a transmission guy, will swap but not interested in opening one up honestly), one built by a reputable builder (i.e. not monster) and have been reading a lot about the swaps, especially the 4WD swaps and the transfer case is the biggest question. I've seen some where some swap inputs/outputs, and I think I saw one where they just swapped the case completely.

For wiring, would it be easier to swap the whole harness, since it's all going to be out, or just repin?
Old 06-02-2021, 07:40 AM
Launching!

Received 64 Likes on 52 Posts

I would just do the repin, its easy and cost nothing to do.