PROJECTS GALLERY Vehicle builds | Engine Swaps | Conversions | Installation write ups |

04 Z71 Daily Driver Slow Build Up

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-2017, 08:27 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 29 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by Cameronswmp9
Vette servo is done. I pulled everything apart and double checked it all. Spring was just sitting there, but I imagine it fell as I pulled it out.

Still passively looking for heads, but probably going to get a CAI next.
I have some 243's im looking to sell. PM me if interested.
Old 11-14-2017, 09:05 AM
Staging Lane

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 01FormulaTA
I have some 243's im looking to sell. PM me if interested.
PM sent.

I grabbed a CAI today, got a Spectre for $100 with my account. While I know the metal pipe can cause some heat sink, but for my goals and objectives I think it will work fine. And the air volume will be the better and that would be the better benefit.
Old 11-16-2017, 12:01 PM
Staging Lane

Got the CAI installed, feels better for sure, and has a mean how to it at about 3k rpms.
Attached Thumbnails 04 Z71 Daily Driver Slow Build Up-20171115_183442.jpg  
Old 11-20-2017, 12:55 PM
Staging Lane

Looking at exhaust next. Headers are going to be early next year, but I want to get some sound and ease restrictions of the stock system. I was thinking about getting a 3inch coupler, like on the end of the YPipe to bolt to the factory side, see about a 3 inch to get it sized right.

What does anyone know about spintech mufflers? How do they compare to FM, MF, Borla, etc?
Old 12-23-2017, 09:08 PM
Staging Lane

I have a Borla XR1 coming in, will be going on first week of the year. Headers are following shortly, depending on bonus and all.
Old 12-24-2017, 04:56 PM
Launching!

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

I have a Borla XR1 coming in, will be going on first week of the year. Headers are following shortly, depending on bonus and all.
I put a XR1 on my 5.3 with texas speed longtubes, off-road y, and full 3" all the way to the back. I love it. There is no drone whatsoever, and it has a good tone to it. It'll still be pretty quiet with the factory manifolds and cats I bet.
The following users liked this post:
Cameronswmp9 (12-26-2017)
Old 12-26-2017, 04:06 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by 97_ek
I put a XR1 on my 5.3 with texas speed longtubes, off-road y, and full 3" all the way to the back. I love it. There is no drone whatsoever, and it has a good tone to it. It'll still be pretty quiet with the factory manifolds and cats I bet.
That's next, getting the muffler with 3 inch run next week, then it's headers with the ORY pipe. I'm glad you like it, I've read a lot of reviews and videos and it seems to be the best setup for what I am looking for.
Old 01-09-2018, 09:14 AM
Staging Lane

At a crossroads, hoping for someone to give me an answer.

We are starting the process for a house, so all the truck stuff is going to be put aside for the time being. In doing that going to make sure the house has a big enough shop to do work on vehicles. I was thinking about once we get ready for a move, I could buy another truck, either a regular cab short bed or extended cab short bed 2wd.

I'm thinking it could house a healthy 6.0 turbo. Be a fun street truck, possibly slap some small tires for some track time when it's all done.

Other option I had was to drive that Truck and turbo my Z71, when I get all moved.

Was going to do the exhaust, headers and tune and leave it be until after the move, but I keep going back and forth on it.

What would PT.net do?
Old 01-17-2018, 04:37 PM
Staging Lane

Think I am going to LSA the truck, and eventually build a motor for it.

Got the Borla on today, and it's not loud, but there is a lot of drone. It's dumped, which may be the reason, so I think I am going to have it run out the back
Old 01-19-2018, 06:28 AM
Launching!

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

Think I am going to LSA the truck, and eventually build a motor for it.

Got the Borla on today, and it's not loud, but there is a lot of drone. It's dumped, which may be the reason, so I think I am going to have it run out the back
Being dumped will definitely lead to drone inside the cab. I ran a dual tip out the passenger side behind of the rear wheel that I think looks fairly sporty. With this setup there is 0 drone.

04 Z71 Daily Driver Slow Build Up-mres486.jpg