Notices

7.3L power estimate?

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2008, 11:40 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 7.3L power estimate?

Can any one tell me how to calculate rear wheel hose power. I have an 02 7.3 with a super chips programer, AFE stage 2 intake, 4" turbo back exhaust. What is the power out put and what would a bb turbonetics turbo with a stage 3 snow performance methanol injection ststem add?
Old 05-12-2008, 10:33 PM
TECH Fanatic

well with a superchips in not gonna be much thats for sure...take it out and use it as a paper weight...to wake up the 7.3s the best chip is DP tuner with out a doubt!...I put one in on my friends 99 and night and day between the bully dog he had...

as far as the turbo goes, its not needed unless you do a large chip along with injectors...you need fuel to make boost so without either a chip or injectors it will do the same as your stock turbo...

the menthol injection is really used to keep EGTs down along with added power...but then it comes down to your turbo...add more fuel, get more air in there...

your going along the right track with your intake and exhaust but just get a different chip and you will be MUCH happier...the guys at DP tuner will custom burn you a chip to want you want and are easy to work with...
Old 10-27-2008, 10:05 AM

I agree with the DP tuner. I switched from the superchips and am much ahpper with the power output and switch on the fly. I also have water meth. It is ok but expensive for the power gains you get. It does lower EGT by 100-150 degrees for me when towing. MPG was relatively unchanged with the water meth kit. I like my turbonetics BB turbo as well. You can hear it still spinning even after you let up on the accelerator. It is a very efficient product. Consider the intercooler if you do the turbo.
Old 10-27-2008, 10:08 AM

If you want power you should look into the next step up injector from alliant that is a single stage injector as opposed to the dual stage injector that is stock. International used a single stage ho injector whick will increase mielage and add about 20 HP. It is best to decide how much power you want then buy the parts as your tuner will have to be programmed appropriatly. Power is adictive.

Last edited by 02 7.3L; 10-27-2008 at 10:26 AM. Reason: typo
Old 12-20-2008, 07:11 AM
Staging Lane

get a custom tune to help out with your mods.
Old 12-08-2009, 03:09 PM
Staging Lane

I had a 2000 Power stroke with a turbonetics, MBRP 4" exhaust, S&B intake, and an edge evolution and I made 386hp at the tires. hope that helps give you an idea of the power you would make
Old 12-08-2009, 05:47 PM
Where's the Beef?

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 02 7.3L
Can any one tell me how to calculate rear wheel hose power. I have an 02 7.3 with a super chips programer, AFE stage 2 intake, 4" turbo back exhaust. What is the power out put and what would a bb turbonetics turbo with a stage 3 snow performance methanol injection ststem add?
I agree with the DP tuner. I switched from the superchips and am much ahpper with the power output and switch on the fly. I also have water meth. It is ok but expensive for the power gains you get. It does lower EGT by 100-150 degrees for me when towing. MPG was relatively unchanged with the water meth kit. I like my turbonetics BB turbo as well. You can hear it still spinning even after you let up on the accelerator. It is a very efficient product. Consider the intercooler if you do the turbo.
If you want power you should look into the next step up injector from alliant that is a single stage injector as opposed to the dual stage injector that is stock. International used a single stage ho injector whick will increase mielage and add about 20 HP. It is best to decide how much power you want then buy the parts as your tuner will have to be programmed appropriatly. Power is adictive.
Is he offering advise to himself in his own thread?

Originally Posted by Synister
I had a 2000 Power stroke with a turbonetics, MBRP 4" exhaust, S&B intake, and an edge evolution and I made 386hp at the tires. hope that helps give you an idea of the power you would make
You know this is over a year old right?
Old 12-27-2009, 01:14 PM
I paid my buck-o-five