NITROUS OXIDE System Designs | Installation| Wet/Dry/Direct Port

Why does everyone here hate the zex kit?

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2013, 09:47 PM
Charlie Murphy!

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Three6GMC
I have used the Zex box on my truck it worked great and very easy to setup. I recommend the NX proton kit over it but nothing wrong with it. They do have small solenoids so don't plan on getting a full shot past the 125 mark as they just can't flow enough. But for a budget and just for a temporary setup I'd say go for it. But like I said if you can spend the little bit extra cash get the new improved NX proton system. Both work and wire up the same.
The proton kit is actually more affordable. I'm on the brink of placing an order for one.

I'm pretty excited to experiment with nitrous until my 6.0L build is done. Right now my truck is drivable, I'd like to keep it that way for a while.

Thanks for the conversation fellas.
Old 08-05-2013, 09:57 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

that proton kit interests me as well, and its a fair price!
I'm pretty rook with nitrous, is that a wet kit? the description didnt really say
Old 08-06-2013, 12:34 AM
Charlie Murphy!

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Yes, it's a wet kit. I just ordered it. Call them up and explain what you want, and they'll hook you up!

I don't know when my kit will be here, but I can't wait!

I've been reading about installs. I'm wondering what the ideal fogger placement is.
Old 08-08-2013, 12:39 AM
Teching In

I have one zex LSX high output system in my truck and it works pretty well, this kit came with big solenoids. Never had a issue with the noids. I never leave the nitrous line pressurized after using it. Thats is key for any noid to work for years.

ZEX
Old 08-08-2013, 01:17 AM
TECH Addict

Received 27 Likes on 22 Posts

Best placement is closest to the TB, of coarse after the MAF. Heres where I had mine before I went to a plate system... Dont mind the ugly wiring. I literally hooked up the whole kit in less then 30 min in the parking lot of the Omni in Houston during the TX2K event so I can go out and play haha.

Name:  null-30.jpg
Views: 108
Size:  71.5 KB

Like I said this system is great especially for guys new to nitrous. They make great power and very simple to use and easy to wire up. I have hooked up quite a few of these system for people and no problems at all. Same goes for the NX Proton system great user friendly system, and yes they are both "WET" systems. Add power, ground and a TPS signal and its game on. Make sure to change your plugs tho to some TR6s for up to a 100 shot and TR7s for up to a 150. I wouldn't really go much higher then that on those little solenoids

Last edited by Three6GMC; 08-08-2013 at 01:25 AM.
Old 08-08-2013, 10:12 AM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

We recommend running a BR7EFS, B8EF etc for nitrous because it is a copper non projected plug. The iridium plugs are so tough that by the time you hurt the plug you've already hurt something else. The the BR's you'll hopefully melt the plug down before anything catastrophic happens.
Old 08-08-2013, 10:18 AM

Received 216 Likes on 146 Posts

You need a FJO or equivalent controller that is rpm and tps based. They work great and would solve all your problems and be safer in the long run for you too. If your not familiar with a fjo it basicly pulses your solenoids to shoot a progressive amount of nitrous as in in first gear it shoot a 50 shot or between certain rpms it shoots a small shot and ramps up as your rpms go up and when you hit the next gear it's 100% and so on. Great stuff.
i have a FJO controller. i sold my entire nitrous kit, but kept the FJO. that's how much i like it
Old 08-08-2013, 02:49 PM
Staging Lane

nitrous outlet hardline plate kit is the one i want think it is 799 for that kit with 10lb. bottle
Old 08-08-2013, 06:34 PM
TECH Addict

Received 27 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by brandon@nitrousoutlet
We recommend running a BR7EFS, B8EF etc for nitrous because it is a copper non projected plug. The iridium plugs are so tough that by the time you hurt the plug you've already hurt something else. The the BR's you'll hopefully melt the plug down before anything catastrophic happens.
You are exactly right my bad idk why I put tr7??? Lol Thanks didnt notice what plugs I typed down till you posted.
Old 08-10-2013, 08:08 AM
TECH Senior Member

You need a FJO or equivalent controller that is rpm and tps based. They work great and would solve all your problems and be safer in the long run for you too. If your not familiar with a fjo it basicly pulses your solenoids to shoot a progressive amount of nitrous as in in first gear it shoot a 50 shot or between certain rpms it shoots a small shot and ramps up as your rpms go up and when you hit the next gear it's 100% and so on. Great stuff.
I used one on my old truck for alittle while, and you're absolutely right. It's an awesome product! Wish I would have never sold it. I'll probably end up with another one on this truck in the near future. Great for the street!

Quick Reply: Why does everyone here hate the zex kit?