NITROUS OXIDE System Designs | Installation| Wet/Dry/Direct Port

New Product....

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2006, 07:30 PM
LS1TECH & TRUCK Sponsor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New Product....

I know there are probley not any GTO guys in here. However I though I would show you guys a new products we have just cam out with for the gto. I will be looking at a stock Truck airbox tommorow to see if this same unit will owrk. I know the second desigh we are building will work for the guys using the cone filter.
Dave

As many of you know here at Nitro Daves we strive to create and build new desighns and products so that you have the best quality and desighned products possible for your application.

For the last few months we have been building two new dry kits for you GTO guys.

The first is our Halo dry system. This system places a spray bar in your stock air box. This desighn will better attomize the mixture of nitrous into your air stream. This system will give a hidden install to keep your compition scratching there head.

You can find this system on this months Nitrous specials.

This is the stock GTO Air Box. With the concelled system.

Once removing the top. You will see our custom one of a kind Halo spray bar.

The jet will go in the Halo fitting where the line screws on. Notice the fitting comes through the filter.

Your solenoid will mount inside the box with two push pins or nuts and bolts.

You can mount the relay right inside the box. Then all you need to do is finish the wiring. Make iit look nice with some wire loom and you are ready to go.

The second desighn we are building is for you guys running the after market cold air kits with cone style filters. This desighn will give you a much cleaner concelled intsall that the current methods. WE will hopefully be releasing pics sometime real soon.

So what do you guys think?
Dave
Old 02-14-2006, 08:33 PM
Truck addict

very sneaky install ideas. i like it.
Old 02-15-2006, 01:59 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 134 Likes on 89 Posts

Originally Posted by Nitro Dave's Nitrous Outlet
...I will be looking at a stock Truck airbox tommorow to see if this same unit will owrk. ...

So what do you guys think?
Dave
Depending on the dementions of the GTO box, I dont see why it wouldn't work on a truck box as the designs are very similar.

I am just wondering if all the obsticles(relay, solinoid, n2o line) in the lower air box effect the airfow any?
Another concern is how condensation off the halo will effect the paper filter since it is sitting directly on it. Here in the south where it is very humid in the summer, I have see LS1 halos create quite a bit of water but they all had K&Ns therfore it didnt saturate the filter.
Old 02-15-2006, 02:24 PM
TECH Addict

im sure that will work in the trucks. that filter looks like its the same size filter as a truck if not smaller. nice work as always
Old 02-15-2006, 08:22 PM
Truck addict

thats some good points kenny. i would imagine with an aftermarket oiled filter it wouldn't matter too much but a paper filter down here will die after it gets wet. something you might want to test out dave.
Old 02-16-2006, 09:46 AM
LS1TECH & TRUCK Sponsor

Originally Posted by BigKID
Depending on the dementions of the GTO box, I dont see why it wouldn't work on a truck box as the designs are very similar.

I am just wondering if all the obsticles(relay, solinoid, n2o line) in the lower air box effect the airfow any?
Another concern is how condensation off the halo will effect the paper filter since it is sitting directly on it. Here in the south where it is very humid in the summer, I have see LS1 halos create quite a bit of water but they all had K&Ns therfore it didnt saturate the filter.
I have not seen any problems from condensation. The spray bar may sweat alittle during deceleration but is completly dry in less than a second.

Dave
Old 02-16-2006, 09:47 AM
LS1TECH & TRUCK Sponsor

Due to the difference in desighn to the truck airbox I will need to make one change for a unit for the truck.

How many guys are still running stock air boxes?
Dave
Old 02-16-2006, 09:47 AM
LS1TECH & TRUCK Sponsor

Here is a update for you guys with the after market cold air systems.

This is our test unit.
During this build we tried several different desighns to come up with something that was very user friendly. We ended up with something completly different from the original desighn.

This desighn will work by placing the unit inside the air filter. The fitting will push through the filter and the nitrous line will screw on to this fitting. This is also where your nitrous jet will go. Rotate the filter down and the unit can be tucked away and hidden.

The purpose of this unit is to keep from placeing the straight blow through nozzle in the end of the air filter. This should take the posibility of freezing the maff away.

This system will work on the truck and GTO cone style filters. For the guys running the large oval filters all I need is a filter and we will have one for them also.

This is the test unit. We are currently building the units to ship.

What do you think.
Dave
Old 02-16-2006, 09:58 AM
TECH Addict

looks pretty neat there. how many spray holes are there in that tube in the filter?
Old 02-17-2006, 08:17 PM
Truck addict

dave, what about going through the end of the filter where there is metal? at least most of the cone filters have metal on the end. vs going through the cotton gauze material. seems like you could tap a hole in the metal and do the same thing as illustrated here. it seems like it would give it that few extra inches to keep from freezing the maf. eitherway it looks like a nice dry set up.

Quick Reply: New Product....