NITROUS OXIDE System Designs | Installation| Wet/Dry/Direct Port

need some info about nitrous

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2010, 05:34 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default need some info about nitrous

well im new to this forum but i already like it very much. this is my first post i got a 2008 chevy silverado with a 5.3l v8. and iam wanting to do some some performance upgrades and my first thout was nitrous but i dont really know much about it im pretty sure i want a wet kit. i found a couple im interested in a zex kit or a sniper kit from ebay. but do i have to have one made just for my truck? or can i just buy a universal wet kit and would it work properly ? and whats the most you think i could run with retarding the timing. i was thinking like 100 shot with cooler plugs and 92 octane ? would that be alright ? and im mostly doing this to beat my brothers 08 tundra any sugestions?
Old 04-04-2010, 05:36 PM
Wearin' da big hat

Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts

Why don't you beat him the old fashion way where you waste a whole bunch of money on car parts and regret it later?
Old 04-04-2010, 05:47 PM
Ph.D. in HUBRIS

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Stock timing you could run 50-75 and not really have any issues. You may be able to get away with 100 shot but people will freak out and say you need to pull timing. If you run some race fuel 100 shouldn't be problem.

I would do some other things before nitrous if it were me(and I love the juice!) I would get a custom tune, exhaust, simple things and se where you are. Then if you want to go to the track then time to invest in some juice. No point in nitrous if you just want to beat your brother then plan to not run it at the track,
Old 04-04-2010, 05:51 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by blackedoutchevy08
well im new to this forum but i already like it very much. this is my first post i got a 2008 chevy silverado with a 5.3l v8. and iam wanting to do some some performance upgrades and my first thout was nitrous but i dont really know much about it im pretty sure i want a wet kit. i found a couple im interested in a zex kit or a sniper kit from ebay. but do i have to have one made just for my truck? or can i just buy a universal wet kit and would it work properly ? and whats the most you think i could run with retarding the timing. i was thinking like 100 shot with cooler plugs and 92 octane ? would that be alright ? and im mostly doing this to beat my brothers 08 tundra any sugestions?
no need for nitrous to beat a tundra..
just get some go fast parts-
CAI,headers,tune and that should do it..

if you decide to go nitrous.. ZEX is the safest kit out there, but any kit will work, there all pretty much universal.. . just make sure ur tune is there and ur fuel keeps up with your nitrous..
Old 04-04-2010, 05:56 PM

i forgot to say i already have exhaust and cold air. and i do like to go the the track but have not run this truck at the track yet to scared to see the time lol i was also thinking of putting a tr220-112 cam or tr220-114 in it with a 3000 stall and a tune with 411s but iam going to wait to do that dont want to spend that much money yet
Old 04-04-2010, 06:02 PM
Praise The Lowered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i forgot to say i already have exhaust and cold air. and i do like to go the the track but have not run this truck at the track yet to scared to see the time lol i was also thinking of putting a tr220-112 cam or tr220-114 in it with a 3000 stall and a tune with 411s but iam going to wait to do that dont want to spend that much money yet
I wouldn't think of doing n20 if I were you if you are concerned with spending money..This is a very expensive hobby...And you ALWAYS get what you pay for..
Old 04-04-2010, 06:08 PM

well thanks for the sugestion i mite just go the other route then custom tune with 411s and headers and see if that satisfys me do pulleys make a noticable difference ?
Old 04-04-2010, 06:10 PM
Praise The Lowered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

well thanks for the sugestion i mite just go the other route then custom tune with 411s and headers and see if that satisfys me do pulleys make a noticable difference ?
I would save your money for a lsd to go with your 4:10 gears...Tune,gears,LT headers sounds like a very good start...should be able to beat your buddy with your current mods...
Old 04-04-2010, 06:16 PM

thanks you been alot of help. and i hope i beat him so he will stop bragging about his tundra and mayby trade it for a chevy lol
Old 04-04-2010, 07:10 PM
2nd fastest 5.3 ECSB

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

smash that beotch! Good advice above. Open up the intake/exhaust, gears, and tune and you're going to be ~300hp to the rear wheels.
Welcome aboard, your truck a reg cab or extended?

Quick Reply: need some info about nitrous