NITROUS OXIDE System Designs | Installation| Wet/Dry/Direct Port

im getting nitrous for christmas

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2005, 09:16 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question im getting nitrous for christmas

i want to get nitrous for christmas. i have 98 dodge ram with a 5.9. i would like to know which kit would be a better set up, wet or dry. i would like to run up to a 100 shot. the only mods i have are headers full exhaust and a shaker hood. also since i dont have an intake tube because my hood scoop is full functional could i still use nitrous. i dont want to spend over $430. thanks
Old 12-18-2005, 09:41 PM
Launching!

off topic: what headers do you have?

edit: I'd go with a wet kit...

Last edited by brodystruck; 12-18-2005 at 09:56 PM.
Old 12-18-2005, 09:50 PM
Teching In

im not sure they were on there when i bought my truck
Old 12-18-2005, 09:54 PM
Truck addict

i am sure there is a tb spacer available that can be tapped for a nitrous nozzle. if memory serves you have the old carburator style tb right? they do make plates for carbs that i am sure will serve the same purpose on your app. you can find a kit well under your price. carbed kits are cheaper (from what i have seen) than fuel injected. i could be wrong since i am not familiar with dodge apps. however we have two great nitrous sponsors that would love to come in here and help you solve your nitrous questions better than i can.

i wont answer the wet or dry kit. you will have to search and see what works for you. i prefer wet kits. some prefer a dry. keep tuning in mind when deciding.....
Old 12-19-2005, 01:00 AM
Tin Foil Hat Wearin' Fool

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Do you have a way of tuning? If so then a dry shot may be way to go if your injectors can support the extra air but if not then a wet system would be the way to go. I personally like wet because you dont have to rely on the computer to make up the extra fuel needed you know your engine is getting what is needs and have alot greater chance of running lean.
Old 12-19-2005, 02:49 AM
TECH Senior Member

We have wet kits for $469 and dry for $399. Could you post a pic of your shaker hood scoop set-up, and maybe a engine pic. Not sure if I know this set-up, and this comes from a Dodge truck owner. I would surely like to help a little more, but really can't give a good rec without knowing a little more, thanks.
Robert
Old 12-19-2005, 10:55 AM
Teching In

how do you post a pic
Old 12-19-2005, 02:10 PM
TECH Senior Member

When you make a reply, look below where you are typing for manage attachments, click this and it will give you a browse button for your hard drive, chose photo then download and etc for more pics. Just click away and chose the pics you want from saved pics on your computer.
Robert
Attached Thumbnails im getting nitrous for christmas-9697wastedpussy.jpeg  
Old 12-19-2005, 03:03 PM
Teching In

well im having trouble with this computer. but basically the shaker hood has a hole in the middle of it and the hood scoop is actually attached to the intake. it sits ontop of the throttle body. the thing is i dont know if that tb spacer would work because it would raise the heighth of the hood scoop and i dont know if the hood would close.
Old 12-19-2005, 05:17 PM
LS1TECH & TRUCK Sponsor

NX offers a plate system for your application. It is built when ordered.They sell for about 675.00. The only other thing I would suggest is a dual nozzle set up like on a TBI. I am assuming that since you are running a shaker hood you have the airfilter top and not a cold air pipe. On most set ups like this the truck has a dual plane intake and the throttle body has two butterflys.A single nozzle right above the throttle body will not distribute the nitrous to both sides of the intake correctly. The only way you can run a single nozzle safely is if you have a cold air pipe and can move it back in the induction tube.Even then I would still suggest a dual nozzle or plate. Dont cheat your self now because it will cost you more in the future. Go with the dual nozzle TBI set up aor a plate.Feel free to hit me up for any tech advice you may need.
Dave

Quick Reply: im getting nitrous for christmas