NITROUS OXIDE System Designs | Installation| Wet/Dry/Direct Port

Big shot on stock block??

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2011, 08:49 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Red face Big shot on stock block??

Ive got a bone stock ( except for AEM bruteforce CAI, 2500 stall, corvette servos, flowmaster 3" single exh, and a transdapt TB spacer) on 00 RCSB 5.3 auto Z71...
Ive also got another stock 04 6.0 engine ready to go so keep that in mind...

My question is if i were to tap 2 ports into my spacer for fogger nozzles do a 150 shot off the line then hit another 100hp after 15-20mph (in 4HI) will the engine take it?? I know ill have to do some tuning and im planning on doing another standalone tank for race gas for the spray's fuel. The reason for the TB spacer getting tapped is i want it to be pretty much undetectable... Im gunning for low 7s 1/8th w/ and stock sound and appearance...

I know the trans isnt going to like it but im not worried ab it, i can fix it for little to nothing.

Can i make this happen? And will it last??
Old 09-25-2011, 08:55 PM
TECH Resident

so what youre saying is you wanna do a 2 stage 250 shot? if this is what youre saying, with the right plugs, air/fuel, and timing it would for sure take it. trans would crap out before the motor
Old 09-25-2011, 08:56 PM
TECH Addict

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Should be fun lol. Make sure your tune is spot on. Might want to lower the shots at first then raise them up slowly and see how it does.
Old 09-25-2011, 09:10 PM
I have a gauge for that

Received 374 Likes on 255 Posts

Tuscaloosa, eh...RTR!

I remember seeing someone with an intake that had been cut open, spray bars installed, and glued back together so you would never know it had any sort of nitrous except for a connection at the back, it was very slick.
Old 09-25-2011, 09:38 PM
TECH Fanatic

alabama is taking over!!! WWWOOOOOOOOO!!!!!
ya, itll take a 250 alright as long as everything is good! make sure the tune is good!!! who is tuning it?
Old 09-25-2011, 10:06 PM
TECH Addict

Theres a stock bottom end 5.3 that get the 250 hit. Hes a member on here with videos.. So no doubt the engine will take it but the drivetrain is a different story
Old 09-25-2011, 10:58 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

My buddy is spraying a single stage 200 shot thru the Evap port on top of the intake. On a 4.8. It runs good. Pulled a good bit of timing and its got a good fuel pump. Just make sure you keep an eye on your fuel pressure. Or put a pressure switch on it incase your FP drops.
Old 09-25-2011, 11:22 PM
On The Tree

Lol awesome everything I had searched said 220 was pushing it, but also said the bottom end was safe till almost 600whp so it just didn't add up.
As far as the tuning goes it'll be me and a friend using hptuners, but we've also got pretty much unlimited dyno time and I'm
Not expecting to throw the full 250 on the first pull. I'll def nurse it up and get the timing figured out.
I've also heard the sudden hit is the realroughness on the engine and the progressive makes it much safer, I don't have an unlimited budget so between two kits I doubt I'll have the extra coin for the controller..... I've read I can make the nitrous line longer to help gradually bring on the power (and keep the traction on duellers in 4Hi lol) but I have to keep the fuel line 40-50% of the n2o line. is that safe??? It'd also help hide my solenoids inside the cab...
Also anyone know anything ab dynotune products? Are they reliable?? They sell a "basic"
kit that is just 2 solenoids, a nozzle, and the lines, so that'd simplify my setup, if they are worth anything?
Old 09-25-2011, 11:24 PM
On The Tree

Lol awesome everything I had searched said 220 was pushing it, but also said the bottom end was safe till almost 600whp so it just didn't add up.
As far as the tuning goes it'll be me and a friend using hptuners, but we've also got pretty much unlimited dyno time and I'm
Not expecting to throw the full 250 on the first pull. I'll def nurse it up and get the timing figured out.
I've also heard the sudden hit is the realroughness on the engine and the progressive makes it much safer, I don't have an unlimited budget so between two kits I doubt I'll have the extra coin for the controller..... I've read I can make the nitrous line longer to help gradually bring on the power (and keep the traction on duellers in 4Hi lol) but I have to keep the fuel line 40-50% of the n2o line. is that safe??? It'd also help hide my solenoids inside the cab...
Also anyone know anything ab dynotune products? Are they reliable?? They sell a "basic"
kit that is just 2 solenoids, a nozzle, and the lines, so that'd simplify my setup, if they are worth anything?
Old 09-26-2011, 12:25 AM
formerly lamborado (1-12-2012)

All the " itll never hold/work" naysayers are usually proven wrong over time, evryone though i was insane for running a 200 on mine well its been 4 years holding, and im bumping to a 250 need more powertel with the added wieght of awd, all it takes is a guy with enough ***** and a small amount of stupid for things to change.

Quick Reply: Big shot on stock block??