New Members Come in and introduce yourself.

Sierra2K5B4V New Guy Introduction

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2017, 07:36 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sierra2K5B4V New Guy Introduction

I have been a member of PerformanceTrucks.net for at least a year or two years. I have often visited this website to glean information about wheels and tires, brakes etc., but dang I always left in discouragement due having difficulty logging into my member account. I finally figured that the Chrome browser works better on this website than Internet Explorer 11. I lost track on how many password resets I attempted to logon using IE11. I am here to learn and share in my experiences, albeit I am not a mechanic nor am I very good DIY Guy. This is a nice review of my pickup truck http://www.thecarconnection.com/overview/gmc_sierra-1500_2005

My latest concern is the notion that the rear-end of my truck is lower than the front end of my truck. Please review my photo album.
Old 06-11-2017, 11:14 PM
Launching!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Welcome to PT!
The following users liked this post:
Sierra2K5B4V (10-28-2017)
Old 10-28-2017, 06:31 PM
Staging Lane

I read in the Car Connection review for my truck that

"And with the wealth of aftermarket performance parts available for the Corvette-based LS1-LS2 small-block V-8s, wicking things up a bit is both easy and relatively inexpensive. Just adding a set of high-flow headers, Flowmaster mufflers, and some mandrel-bent three-inch pipes to this puppy would probably be good for another 10-15 horsepower. And the sound would be wicked.

There are also reprogramming kits available for the Sierra’s Turbo Hydramatic four-speed overdrive automatic (what we old school dudes used to call a “shift kit”) that you can get installed for a couple hundred bucks or less that will give you tire-barking gear changes and higher-revs upshifts. Add some 4.10 rear gears for even more fun — and even smokier burnouts."

A lot of years has passed by since I purchased my Sierra VHO 6.0L, so what does the aforementioned quoted information translate into today's "kits", aftermarket add-on parts mean for my truck today?

I recently purchased and installed a K&N Filter for my truck: I hope I experience the benefits that others have confessed occurring for their truck with this filter.

What is your opinion on aftermarket parts that provide more power and torque? I am interested specifically in the parts that are available for my truck.
Old 10-28-2017, 07:01 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 545 Likes on 471 Posts

Anything you can think of is out there.

Everything from aftermarket camshafts, valve spings, gear ratio changes, turbo kits, procharger kits, supercharger kits, long tube headers, intake manifolds, NOS, custom tuning software like EFI Live or HP Tuners and the list goes on and on and on.

The K&N filter itself is not going to do an witch craft here, there won't be added power or added mpg because you switch to a different air filter element.

My opinion is that more power is always good. It just comes down to what the vehicle owner wants to do, has the ability to do and what they wish to spend. Some things are cheaper while other performance add on's are $3,000-6,000 and that's not even including larger fuel pumps, tuning software and the rest of the minor things that go along with power upgrade someone did.
Old 10-28-2017, 07:09 PM
Staging Lane

Default Addendum to New Guy Introduction

Originally Posted by Sierra2K5B4V
I have been a member of PerformanceTrucks.net for at least a year or two years. I have often visited this website to glean information about wheels and tires, brakes etc., but dang I always left in discouragement due having difficulty logging into my member account. I finally figured that the Chrome browser works better on this website than Internet Explorer 11. I lost track on how many password resets I attempted to logon using IE11. I am here to learn and share in my experiences, albeit I am not a mechanic nor am I very good DIY Guy. This is a nice review of my pickup truck 2005 GMC Sierra 1500 Review, Ratings, Specs, Prices, and Photos - The Car Connection

My latest concern is the notion that the rear-end of my truck is lower than the front end of my truck. Please review my photo album.

First, thank you for the views of my photo albums and thank you for your feedback on my comments. My priorities are to keep my truck operating safely and then when my life turns around i.e. a career that gives me a opportunity to earn a good income then I will consider replacing and/or upgrading parts. I am soon approaching five consecutive years of unemployment. I am not wealthy, I am not on any government assistance program, but THANK GOD for my parents. I am helping them maintain their home in exchange for food and shelter.
Old 10-29-2017, 03:22 PM
Custm2500's Rude Friend

Received 758 Likes on 627 Posts

Not sure if you are aware of this, but your truck is 1 of only 2050 GMC Sierra's with the B4V option and 1 of 850 made in Black for 2005.

Good looking truck!

I Never took measurements on mine, but it seemed leveled with the weight of the fiberglass cover on the back.
Old 10-29-2017, 05:24 PM
Staging Lane

Default Thank You

Originally Posted by 1FastBrick
Not sure if you are aware of this, but your truck is 1 of only 2050 GMC Sierra's with the B4V option and 1 of 850 made in Black for 2005.

Good looking truck!

I Never took measurements on mine, but it seemed leveled with the weight of the fiberglass cover on the back.

I knew it was rare, but I didn't know the numbers. Thank You. I wish the color was white or silver because I now reside in Florida.

I wasn't sure what type of vehicle I was interested in purchasing because I looked at cars, SUVs and trucks. I was leaning on cars and my choices narrowed down to a Chrysler 300C, Mercury Marauder and a Infiniti I30: I test drove a multitude of SUVs and trucks, but they were just too expensive and the cars offered better options and prices.

One day when I returned to Koon's GMC in Tysons Corner I was introduced to my truck: the salesman who informed me about my truck convinced me to take it for the weekend and I was really impressed with it. I am a hard sell on most products, so I doubled back to the other dealerships to see if I could bargain for better prices. The Chevrolet dealership in Sterling, Virginia offered a two-(2) year old Black Silverado SS with the Joe Gibbs Performance package [that truck was really FAST] and a silver Silverado SS. The Ford dealership in Sterling, VA had a lot of F-150's and a few custom models (I think it was by Choo Choo). The GMC dealership in Fairfax, VA had a red Sierra 1500 with a RST high-performance package, but they wouldn't let me take for a test drive. In my humble opinion and test driving the Nissan Titan and Toyota Tundra in 2005 these trucks still couldn't touch American trucks. For the year I purchased my truck it was a bargain on steroids!

I just hope my truck lasts a long time with very few problems. I know in the next year or two-(2) I will need tires, a new headliner and hopefully resolve the power seat problem and the "Service Air Bag" light.

I keep putting off the tires because I am not sure what I want to get for my third-(3rd) set. My tires are now in their eighth-(8th) year, I think seven-(7) years and a couple of weeks since production date.

Thank You
Old 10-30-2017, 12:26 PM
Staging Lane

I finally found the photos of my auto shopping days, but now I am experiencing issues with my external hard drive (WD Ultra Passport). I hope I can resolve the issue because it took me long, long time to scan a lot of my photos and transfer photos when I had previous HDD crash. If I can resolve this problem I will post photos of the other vehicles that I considered purchasing in 2005.
Old 10-30-2017, 10:02 PM
Staging Lane

Default Auto Shopping in 2005

Originally Posted by Sierra2K5B4V
I finally found the photos of my auto shopping days, but now I am experiencing issues with my external hard drive (WD Ultra Passport). I hope I can resolve the issue because it took me long, long time to scan a lot of my photos and transfer photos when I had previous HDD crash. If I can resolve this problem I will post photos of the other vehicles that I considered purchasing in 2005.

I have computer "gremlins" with My Passport Ultra, but I removed it from Windows 10 Pro laptop and connected it to my Windows 7 Home Premium desktop and miraculously I have access to my old digital photos.
Old 10-30-2017, 10:07 PM
Staging Lane

Here are a few more of the blue Sierra on the showroom, but I cannot remember if it had the same performance package or not.