New Members Come in and introduce yourself.

New Silvi from Wyo

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2009, 01:04 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New Silvi from Wyo

Hello everyone, just thought I'd introduce myself. Recently purchased an '04 Silverado 1500 Z71. Ever since then I've been looking for a good forum to start researching some potential upgrades. Tried GMtuckclub but I think this one is much more active and more my style. I upgraded from a Turbo Cavalier to the truck. I already have a K&N intake, Magnaflow Exhaust and a Diablosport Predator tuner. I've also put in a 7" DVD/Navi and a sub box. A JL 1000/1 amplifier and 2 new 13.5" JL shallow mount subs. The subs are housed in a box I custom built out of fiberglass and MDF. I've got the Premium Bose Sound, which I think is good for now, but Will upgrade eventually. I have plans to put a 6" lift on it, some 18's with 33" tires, and Forced Induction... I'm a little worried about the FI, I blew up one motor in the Cavi, and want to play it a little safe, so I'm thinking maybe a supercharger, but I've heard good and bad things about a lot of the kits. A procharger seems like it'd be nice, but I've heard bad reviews. Any suggestions would be great. Sounds like there's a lot of knowledge on this site and I want to absorb as much as I can.
Old 10-04-2009, 01:07 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Welcome to PT, several lifted guys active in here. Sharpshoot just won truck of the month, he's lifted and running a procharger.

Search around and if you can't find what you're looking for feel free to post or PM someone!!

Last edited by charcoal03silvy; 10-04-2009 at 01:07 PM. Reason: spelling..
Old 10-04-2009, 02:43 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 30 Likes on 28 Posts

Welcome! Bring that thing down to Wheatland and I'll hook you up with a nice turbo kit, !!
Old 10-04-2009, 09:19 PM
Teching In

No joke? Do you guys do tuning and everything? That's always been one of my biggest issues. I don't really trust any of the places around Sheridan to touch anything of mine, lol. Can you guys build a pretty reliable turbo system and tune it?
Old 10-04-2009, 09:22 PM
TECH Addict

KB has many good reviews!
Old 10-05-2009, 09:31 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by glitchz71
No joke? Do you guys do tuning and everything? That's always been one of my biggest issues. I don't really trust any of the places around Sheridan to touch anything of mine, lol. Can you guys build a pretty reliable turbo system and tune it?
I'm not a big operation, but i've never blow anything up, lol. I think I'm getting famous in Casper, one of my buddies lives there I built him a turbo kit for his 96 LT1 TA and is always talking me up, lol. Went to a Diesel club Truck day at the drag strip in Douglas a couple weeks ago and had the fastest truck there by 1/2 second, . Haven't done a lot of local work, no one around hear has any money or wants to go fast, But quite a few trucks on these boards are running my kits.

Old 10-05-2009, 11:39 PM
Teching In

Pretty sweet man. How much do you think it'd run for a decent turbo kit pushing 7-8 psi on my 5.3L? I know it's pretty general, and I know how much work it takes to assemble one (built one myself for the Cavi, and it blew up from an oil leak, not too much boost or anything). I just figured I'd slap a supercharger on the truck when I got it, cuz it's easy and reliable, but with someone that can build kits kinda nearby, I should keep the option open. Maybe PM me with some ideas or something, only if you have time though, it might be a few month down the road anywho cuz I got to pay off a couple loans here soon.
Old 10-05-2009, 11:41 PM
2nd fastest 5.3 ECSB

Kyle is a great guy and stands behind his work. If you want a good system at a good value I'd recommend him (kyle, don't forget my 10%).

Welcome to my kingdom, err I mean PT.net!
Old 10-06-2009, 09:48 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by glitchz71
Pretty sweet man. How much do you think it'd run for a decent turbo kit pushing 7-8 psi on my 5.3L? I know it's pretty general, and I know how much work it takes to assemble one (built one myself for the Cavi, and it blew up from an oil leak, not too much boost or anything). I just figured I'd slap a supercharger on the truck when I got it, cuz it's easy and reliable, but with someone that can build kits kinda nearby, I should keep the option open. Maybe PM me with some ideas or something, only if you have time though, it might be a few month down the road anywho cuz I got to pay off a couple loans here soon.
T70 kits generally start about $3800.

Originally Posted by trever1t
Kyle is a great guy and stands behind his work. If you want a good system at a good value I'd recommend him (kyle, don't forget my 10%).

Welcome to my kingdom, err I mean PT.net!
Bill, I'll DOUBLE what I normally give you for a recommendation!
Old 10-06-2009, 10:19 PM
Teching In

Any pics or anything of these kits? I'm assuming they're custom built by you. What type of parts do they use... manifolds, piping, BOV, etc. THis is sounding like a better and better deal. Sorry if I'm asking too many questions, I'll have to give you a call or something sometime. Maybe if there's a good picture gallery of soeone's install of one of your kits or something. You've got me really curious.

Quick Reply: New Silvi from Wyo