New Members Come in and introduce yourself.

Did I do the right thing? Or am I FUBAR?

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2020, 01:07 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 766 Likes on 564 Posts

I also use AEM wide bands they have worked flawlessly. Just have to have a bung welded into the exhaust for the sensor and then some very basic wiring for the gauge to have power.

Look on Atomics website for current options and prices. https://atomicfabandperformance.com/

I've seen a lot of people recommend calling Circle D for converter recommendations.
Old 05-19-2020, 01:37 PM
Teching In

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Okay cool! I will track down Circle D for the converter.

I don't really do donuts or smash around corners (it's a lifted truck, so that would be dumb anyways, lol)

I definitely plan to do the exhaust as my next "project" because I was thinking of doing mid length headers and running X pipe back; but that will probably have to wait a little bit.

GREAT NEWS! I sent the Diablo chip back, lol

thank you dantheman for Atomic's website, I will order his tune soon as I get the money back from the Diablo chip.

I've said this probably a dozen times, thanks again for all the help and advice!

I definitely realize I should not have been shy/arrogant/prideful in the first place when I bought all my parts haha Its been a dream of mine for a long time to build up an LS motor and have a FUNctional daily driver truck and I think my eagerness got a bit ahead of myself.

No regrets though as I'm confident now that I didn't make a HORRIBLE mistake, just should've consulted experienced minds first haha.
Old 05-19-2020, 01:53 PM
TECH Junkie

Gotta start somewhere! Just nice to see someone being receptive of advice. Looking forward to seeing how you like it
Old 05-19-2020, 02:27 PM

Received 222 Likes on 148 Posts

longtubes or nothing. IMO
The following users liked this post:
dantheman1540 (05-19-2020)
Old 05-19-2020, 04:48 PM
100% Redneck

Received 1,331 Likes on 793 Posts

The stock Trailblazer I6 converter will be around 2300 to 2500 stall. (Dacco reman part number B85VJCX)

Circle D takes this same converter and does their magic making it much stronger with stalls up to 3200.
I have this converter in my 2000 Sierra and It's been great.

Circle D 278mm 2600 to 3200 Stall

Did I do the right thing? Or am I FUBAR?-vmm3sv5.jpg
Old 05-19-2020, 07:21 PM
Teching In

I'll buy the Dacco reman because its HALF the price of the Circle D converter, plus Atomic's tune is $200 more than Lew's.

you think with the cam the stall and Atomics tune I'll be good to go until I can get around to exhaust?
Old 05-19-2020, 08:04 PM
100% Redneck

Received 1,331 Likes on 793 Posts

Originally Posted by WholeLottaWhoopla
I'll buy the Dacco reman because its HALF the price of the Circle D converter, plus Atomic's tune is $200 more than Lew's.

you think with the cam the stall and Atomics tune I'll be good to go until I can get around to exhaust?
Much better shape IMO.

When you go to with the long tubes the tune might need just a small adjustment because of the added air flow. This will probably take one or two simple data logs you'll send to Atomic. I did a camshaft swap 228/230 .585 .585 112* to a 222/232 .595 .587 108* that provided more overlap and dynamic compression.

Fired right up idled perfect and looked good on the wideband with the old tune. I did a couple data logs to re-scale the MAF and applying the new data to the tune, the MAF curve barely changed if any. Bottom line It made little to no difference between tunes/cams, but having the device, these little tweaks are simple and gives you piece of mind.

After getting the first tune... it won't be long you'll be flying solo making adjustments you may need when swapping out parts that change the airflow. If the adjustment doesn't get the results you're looking for, it's simple to load the last known good tune and try again.

In the HP Tuners editor it has a "compare" feature. You can compare two different tunes to see their differences. This really helps to see what's going on and making the tables easier to understand.

Last edited by RedXray; 05-19-2020 at 08:09 PM.
Old 05-20-2020, 12:44 AM

Received 222 Likes on 148 Posts

Originally Posted by WholeLottaWhoopla

yes. And you should look at as atomics tune is ONLY 200$ more...any reputable tuner with their hands on real software should do better than the best tuner trying to tune from a hand held.
Old 05-20-2020, 01:16 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by TXsilverado
yes. And you should look at as atomics tune is ONLY 200$ more...any reputable tuner with their hands on real software should do better than the best tuner trying to tune from a hand held.
oh yeah - I hope my comment didn't come across as downplaying Atomic's tuning abilities, that wasn't my intention at all

Just commenting on the price difference; because I obviously have zero idea what either are capable of or the level of expertise they possess

I apologize if it seemed that way haha
Old 05-20-2020, 06:33 AM
TECH Junkie

Should be a fun truck when will it all be done? Gonna do burnouts?

Quick Reply: Did I do the right thing? Or am I FUBAR?