MULTIMEDIA (truck related) Post your Truck pictures and videos (PG-13)

SRT 10 Viper ACR Running 722.1 at the Ring smoking the ZR1s time by 4 Seconds

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2008, 10:36 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Mangled03gmc
Not bad, the limiter def works well. Bout time somthing runs better then a GM

John

+1 And id still take the vette over that viper anyday of the week.......
Old 09-08-2008, 10:44 PM
Wearin' da big hat

Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts

Doesn't the C5R usually win most of the races its in, even against the viper competition cars?
Old 09-09-2008, 06:14 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by 00ChevyScott
Doesn't the C5R usually win most of the races its in, even against the viper competition cars?
The C5R did and the C6R continues to.

I took this photo at the Belle Isle Grand Prix of Detroit a couple weeks ago.
Old 09-09-2008, 05:19 PM
GFYS and STFU

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by 64CAMINO
I would still like to see a real driver in the zr1. that lap was made with an engineer behind the wheel, not a race car driver.
The engineer is also a damn good racer (very close to anyone else who has put time in that car). Everyone is like "oh some 'engineer' was behind the wheel" I think its fair to say he is an engineer/test pilot/racer.

Originally Posted by 64CAMINO
...not to mention the vette was on run flats with a full nav-system and ac. the acr has no ac/ no radio. you cant even drive the acr on the street with the front splitter they had on the car for that lap.
The ZR1 also has a removable front splitter. Both are "legal" for the road, you just wouldn't want to hit a curb with either of those expensive carbon fiber pieces. If its illegal then the ZR1 #'s should be outed as well.

splitters are legal as long as they do not affect the crash test regulations. 5mph bumps test. The ACR's splitter is adjustable. That does not make it illegal.
Hell, even the C6Z06 has a removable chin spoiler, not a big deal. Sounds like a lot or excuses being made for the ZR1, run what ya brung!

Originally Posted by Silverado_13
The Viper is a track car and the ZR1 is a street car. That's what they are built for.
Both the ACR and ZR1 are 100% street legal cars, right off the showroom. If you want to get into semantics they were both built for the track as were they both built for the street.
Old 09-09-2008, 05:21 PM
GFYS and STFU

The video...
http://www.motortrend.com/av/feature...deo/index.html

ZR1 vs ACR comparo...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=08nxInpgTGc
Old 09-09-2008, 05:41 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

So you can order an ACR Viper from Dodge??? ACR isn't like a Henssey version of the SRT10?

I thought that the ACRs were designed and built by a company seperate from Dodge???

Can somebody clear that up for me? I didn't know you could go to a dealership and drive off in an ACR Viper... I thought it had to be ordered
Old 09-09-2008, 07:10 PM
TECH Enthusiast

ACR right of the lot (well special order) just like the previous generation.
Old 09-09-2008, 08:14 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by ZR1 DREAMING
So you can order an ACR Viper from Dodge??? ACR isn't like a Henssey version of the SRT10?

I thought that the ACRs were designed and built by a company seperate from Dodge???

Can somebody clear that up for me? I didn't know you could go to a dealership and drive off in an ACR Viper... I thought it had to be ordered
ACR is nothing new. You can get it from a dealer all day long. SRT-4's came in ACR versions as well and it's a little nicer/better handling with differant wheels etc etc.
Old 09-09-2008, 08:37 PM
TECH Senior Member

The ACR is bad *** for what it is. The ACR and the ZR1 are two different class of cars but not major differences. They are both street legal supercars but one is a purpose built race/street car with manually adjustable race-style front and rear spoilers and springs and shocks.
If there was a ZR1 that is prepped by the GM sponsored C6R race team and could be special ordered through a chevy dealer, lets call it the ZR1-R, then it would be a direct comparison to the ACR viper.

One, 75% of (performance minded) Americans would consider driving on a daily commute and grocery store getter 365 days a year.
The second, maybe 30-40% of the same people would consider the same.
2 different cars-one is faster than the other, in off-the-show-room condition, at the ring. End of story.

Just my .02
Old 09-10-2008, 12:26 AM
GFYS and STFU

That's what I like to here turbogibbs!!

Seriously the Tech side is so full of ricer excuses it's comical! One guy said (seriously too), "if they made the GTR 2wd and took out it's sophisticated computers that the Z06 would murder it" and another implied if the ACR didn't have the downforce provided by it's new aero upgrades the ZR1 would eat it alive!...

Quick Reply: SRT 10 Viper ACR Running 722.1 at the Ring smoking the ZR1s time by 4 Seconds