MULTIMEDIA (truck related) Post your Truck pictures and videos (PG-13)

Local Annual Outlaw Soapbox Derby

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2006, 07:37 PM
Cuz I AM a BADMOFO

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Local Annual Outlaw Soapbox Derby

I live in a small town called Arbutus. For over 50 years, on the 4th of July, we have a Soapbox Derby race with homemade cars. The rules are much more lax than the real Soapbox Derby, but we take this **** serious around here. I even next day air'd in some landing gear tires from Arizona the second year. There are usually some good wrecks! Last year was our 5th year, and we have won the race for 4 years in a row. The first year was a learning curve, but once we got our feet wet, the "improved" car kicked ***! Here is a video of my son from last year, he got on Comcast Sportsnet. The car has an indash CD player with remote control, brake lights, and driving lights, which we used in testing at night...lol. We guarantee victory again this year! Thought I might share it, I'm getting pumped up about it since it's only 4 days away. Let me know what you think!

http://switchboard.real.com/player/e...y1%2D070405.rm

Last edited by BADMOFO; 06-30-2006 at 08:09 PM.
Old 07-01-2006, 04:13 PM
FLT
FormerVendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thumbs up

That is totally awsume. Just wait untill he wants to put your motor in that little hot rod. Good luck on tuesday!!!!
Old 07-01-2006, 05:47 PM
Cuz I AM a BADMOFO

Originally Posted by Vince @ FLT
That is totally awsume. Just wait untill he wants to put your motor in that little hot rod. Good luck on tuesday!!!!
Thanks Vince! He kinda likes to steal the show, not sure where he gets that from.
Old 07-01-2006, 06:11 PM
Moderately Differentiated

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

HA! Awesome! That's just plainly..Awesome!!!That's just good ole American kid raisin' goin' on right there.
Old 07-01-2006, 08:41 PM
On The Tree

Cant wait for my boys to get to that age. I'm sure my wife will dread it. But I'm sure it will be fun.
Old 07-01-2006, 10:38 PM
Cuz I AM a BADMOFO

His first pass ever down the hill was at age 7. He hit the manhole cover at the bottom and the whole car got airborne. He swerved from one side of the track to the other before getting it together and taking the win. My wife gave me **** for 2 weeks after that!

Hey Dewey, I'm sending some pictures over now for the video. I'm working on getting some video also, but I'm not sure if it would be, um, "responsible" to let my 12 year old son video tape me doing a burnout....and I'm not sure my wife would "appreciate" it either... We'll see if I can't come up with something
Old 07-02-2006, 10:07 AM
Cuz I AM a BADMOFO

Here's a link to a crash from last year:

http://switchboard.real.com/player/e...by%2D070405.rm
Old 07-03-2006, 10:39 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 11 Likes on 5 Posts

i cant view it in the format you got that in..
Old 07-03-2006, 10:54 PM
Moderately Differentiated

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by BADMOFO
His first pass ever down the hill was at age 7. He hit the manhole cover at the bottom and the whole car got airborne. He swerved from one side of the track to the other before getting it together and taking the win. My wife gave me **** for 2 weeks after that!

Hey Dewey, I'm sending some pictures over now for the video. I'm working on getting some video also, but I'm not sure if it would be, um, "responsible" to let my 12 year old son video tape me doing a burnout....and I'm not sure my wife would "appreciate" it either... We'll see if I can't come up with something
Got the pics! Don't worry, we'll get you doing "immature" stuff with the truck eventually!
Old 07-04-2006, 09:30 PM
Cuz I AM a BADMOFO

Well, another successful year of Soapbox Derby. We won again, and stirred up quite a ruckus from some haters. One woman said our car was "illegal" because of the stereo and steering arangement. There isn't anything in the rules concerning either, so she was left sucking wind. Come to find out, her car was an inch too long....but we didn't protest. All in all a fun filled day. We even got on Comcast Sportsnite again! I'll try to see if it's online and find another link.

Quick Reply: Local Annual Outlaw Soapbox Derby