MULTIMEDIA (truck related) Post your Truck pictures and videos (PG-13)

4x4 axis spin burn out

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2017, 10:39 PM
TECH Resident

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts

Thinking you should have tried the burn out before the paint job. Just in case.
Old 06-14-2017, 07:31 AM
TECH Addict

Received 61 Likes on 49 Posts

Well I never woulda thought id be with out my truck for 3 months....

kinda bummed
Old 06-14-2017, 09:31 AM
TECH Resident

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts

Im more worried about you damaging that new paint job while attempting the burn out.
Old 07-07-2017, 02:56 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 28 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by Choda
Still in the body shop!!! Been close to three months. He went from having a 4 man crew to only himself. I stopped in there Friday and he said it'll be ready next Friday.
I read this and had flashbacks to my experience with Andrew... that must be your truck i saw sitting outside his shop today when i drove by
Old 07-08-2017, 08:57 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Feed
I read this and had flashbacks to my experience with Andrew... that must be your truck i saw sitting outside his shop today when i drove by
Yes it is. still not painted. whats your story with Andy? Im guessing you are local to Lockport?
Old 07-08-2017, 08:00 PM
TECH Apprentice

Yeah, I live 5 minutes from his shop. I'm the weirdo that stopped by your house when you were tearing your motor apart. Two years ago i went to him to finish up the body work on my truck and prime/seal it so it was ready for paint. He told me 3 or 4 weeks no problem. He agreed to trailer my truck to and from his shop since it was close. He picked it up in May said it would be done middle of June. It was towards the end August when i got tired of his excuses and told him to have it done by the end week. He made excuses about not being able to trailer it back to my house with his truck, i said no problem i can borrow a truck to pull the trailer, you can ride along, he wouldnt do it. So i had to flatbed it. He had no clue what he was doing with flush mount LEDS judging by his deer in headlights stare when i tried to explain what to do, even though he likes to do custom work? The time he had my truck was excessive and annoying but it's a project that has been on the back burner for awhile so i don't want to sound too hypocritical. The thing that pissed me off the most was the over spray on my wheels and 4 link that i just had powder coated gloss black
Then he used scotch brite or some **** to clean it up scratched it all to hell.

Yeah I've heard the my whole my crew quit on me excuse... along with a bunch of other excuses.
Old 07-09-2017, 08:01 AM
TECH Addict

Oh boy. Well it's def painted and I seen it outside. It needs a good wet sanding, buffing and re assembly. I hope it turns out as good as I expect it to.

I forgot your username on here. Feel free to stop over anytime.
Old 07-09-2017, 10:34 PM
TECH Apprentice

I'm not trying to publicly bash him that's why i only mentioned him by first name. My experience wasn't so great. Its not the first time i got jerked around by a painter. The last guy had my old truck for over a year. I haven't seen any of his paint work in person but it looks good from pics, i hope everything out works out for you.
Old 07-10-2017, 03:12 AM

Received 222 Likes on 148 Posts

A good Reputation is earned...so is a bad rep