MULTIMEDIA (truck related) Post your Truck pictures and videos (PG-13)

4x4 axis spin burn out

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2017, 08:01 AM
TECH Addict

Received 61 Likes on 49 Posts
Thumbs up 4x4 axis spin burn out

I've been joking around about it for a while but I'm ready to give it a shot. There was a video of a turbo truck and a NA truck doing it but the turbo truck couldn't pull it off. I've seen sti and evo cars rip them but never a full size truck or even something like a jeep srt8. I grabbed some local 17 inch stock Silverado wheels and have my old 275s in the garage. I'll mount them up, find a parking lot and see what happens.

Two ideas on how to:

1. Down in 1st, 4hi, 1/4 turn the wheel. Get rolling slow then mash it. The *** end should kick out and unload the front to keep them spinning. Once all four start spinning the truck should have enough power to keep them going.

2. Two step at 4k and let it rip then crank the wheel. Lol

Maybe I'll try both.

The extra wheels I just bought have 285 mudders on them, no way am I going to try it w these.

There's snow outside now (that would be lame), next weekend I'll be on vacation, so hold tight guys.
Old 02-27-2017, 08:48 PM
TECH Addict

Received 57 Likes on 35 Posts

Ive done it in the snow, just make sure you have plenty of room it takes quite a bit at first. Being turbo i dont think you will be able to roll at all, your second option sounds more like it..
dont wuss out now, you already made the thread lol

Not me, i just rem this video
Old 02-28-2017, 09:33 AM
TECH Addict

Hot damn! That's more like it. I don't know if I'll hold it that long. Anyone else try it? I wanna see a full size truck spinning like that.
Old 02-28-2017, 10:02 AM
TECH Addict

Received 371 Likes on 299 Posts

Originally Posted by Choda
Hot damn! That's more like it. I don't know if I'll hold it that long. Anyone else try it? I wanna see a full size truck spinning like that.
2nd gear and the converter unlocked should do it. Just keep the revs up.

Edit:

Might want to call Robert and tell him what you're doing and see if he tells you to get a pallet ready. LOL.
Old 02-28-2017, 10:37 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 343 Likes on 263 Posts

I'd spin those mud tires. Mud tires have dick for traction on pavement
Old 02-28-2017, 12:02 PM

Received 61 Likes on 60 Posts

Give it a brake spool and nail it... from a roll is what the turbo truck tried and failed in that video.

View this post on Instagram
Old 02-28-2017, 04:25 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts

I might add, you may be unhappy when done. Ive seen it happen a few times where you will mess that powersteering pump up doing that when reved up pretty high while cranking the wheel. hope it doesn't happen.
Old 02-28-2017, 07:03 PM
I have a gauge for that

Received 373 Likes on 254 Posts

Thats the single best way to destroy a G80 if you still have one. It is much harder to control if you are borderline traction - no traction in 4wd. In 2wd you just pivot around the front wheels, but in 4wd you will always have 3 trying to pull so you could shoot off faster than you think. It will always try and pick the front driver side up first so make sure to turn left and not right.

I will advise this is a bad idea on pavement
Old 02-28-2017, 08:15 PM

Received 216 Likes on 146 Posts

Get it on video and post up either way
Old 03-01-2017, 07:35 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by madmann26
2nd gear and the converter unlocked should do it. Just keep the revs up.

Edit:

Might want to call Robert and tell him what you're doing and see if he tells you to get a pallet ready. LOL.
wouldnt 50mph in first be enough to keep them spinning? 2nd gear in the power rpm would put the wheel speed in the 80s. I should txt robert for his blessing. Maybe start the video with a little shout out to all the 4L60e haters.
Originally Posted by wretched73
I'd spin those mud tires. Mud tires have dick for traction on pavement
I thought about it but man they are stupid heavy, taller and wider. My extra 275s are pretty beat and almost bald.
Originally Posted by Vortec350ss
Give it a brake spool and nail it... from a roll is what the turbo truck tried and failed in that video.
I cant see instagram. That turbo truck might have only had 400-500 hp/tq. We'll see
Originally Posted by fastjweb
I might add, you may be unhappy when done. Ive seen it happen a few times where you will mess that powersteering pump up doing that when reved up pretty high while cranking the wheel. hope it doesn't happen.
hmmmm, well honestly if that is the worst thing that happens... Ill replace the pump. LOL
Originally Posted by Atomic
Thats the single best way to destroy a G80 if you still have one. It is much harder to control if you are borderline traction - no traction in 4wd. In 2wd you just pivot around the front wheels, but in 4wd you will always have 3 trying to pull so you could shoot off faster than you think. It will always try and pick the front driver side up first so make sure to turn left and not right.

I will advise this is a bad idea on pavement
Yes i have stock g80 still. its always been laying rubber just fine. Never skipped a beat so far. I was going to turn left anyway, I guess my added weight over the driver side tire might help keep it somewhat level and spin the fronts evenly. Pavement has to happen, anyone can do it in snow.
Originally Posted by TXsilverado
Get it on video and post up either way
you bet. Itll be or

I think I found the lot, its plenty big and no light poles or huge drain grates. Problem is its kinda in a high traffic zone.