Member Feedback Buyer/Seller references, report frauds here

how I could screwed by paypal, what that user agreement means, and how to avoid it.

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2009, 02:43 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default how I could screwed by paypal, what that user agreement means, and how to avoid it.

Alright well everyone might be familar with the guy "slimm4357" who scammed a lot of people in a short period of time. He would sell you something, then say it shipped out and give you a tracking number for a different package. he would even put a different tracking number on paypal. I realized very fast that i had been scammed. he started lieing and being shady, so i filed a claim and quickly got it escalated. It took the full time, and ofcourse it was awarded in my favor and paypal prompted a payment from him to me. Well the way the scam works is, you sell the item get the money, then transfer the money out of that account so you keep the account balance low. Whenever paypal calls for the money, it wont over draft the account so it spits out a message that sais low account funds. Once this happens BECAUSE IT IS NOT A EBAY TRANSACTION THEY DO NOTHING. The ball goes in the sellers court and paypal leaves the claim semi-open. Paypal waits for the seller to get enought money in the account and send it to me.

Im a young college kid, I work my *** off to pay for most of my school (uncle same pays for some) Im just trying to pave a way in this life, I dont have parents who went to college or parents you just hand me money. They do what they can, but it isnt much. I manage to find a way to pay my truck payment and do some stuff to it on the side. I got scammed for 155.00 bucks, isnt alot to some but its alot to me.

The only way to avoid this, is to have the seller of the item your buying list it on ebay buy it now, then you buy it immediatly. Paypal only guarentees ebay transactions.

Just thought i would let yall know about the pain im going through, and hope it doesnt happen to you.
Old 01-21-2009, 03:50 PM
Where's the Beef?

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

that doesn't make much sense. Paypal has to be linked to a credit card or bank account. Why don't they just take the money out like they would if you made a purchase when your paypal account is $0
I do it all the time, they just yank it from my bank account.
Old 01-21-2009, 04:10 PM
Launching!

the bank account is empty. You transfer money out of the bank account, and paypal is set up to not overdraw checking accounts.

like not your paypal account..your banking account.
Old 01-21-2009, 04:20 PM
Where's the Beef?

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ohhhhhh. what a load of ****.
Old 01-21-2009, 05:00 PM
FormerVendor

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

Do you have your Paypal linked to your bank account debit card or credit card?

I think ive heard of somebody calling up their card holder and stopping payment on the transaction.. Your card company will reimburse you your cash and get it from Paypal... Then Paypal WILL get it from the scammer.

This of course will only work if you didnt have a paypal balance accumulated and simply had paypal withdraw the funds from your bank account.

Its a shame that people will stoop to that level and scam people of their hard earned money.
Old 01-21-2009, 06:12 PM
Launching!

ya i have it linked to my bank account..but i payed for it about 40 days ago. It has been "investigated" that long. I doubt bank of america could do anything for me
Old 01-21-2009, 06:32 PM
FormerVendor

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

worth a shot man, look up the exact date Paypal charged your account for the funds.
Call the bank and tell them you never received your items and you would like to do a charge back, although it was processed it was a fraudulent charge and you would like the cash back!
You cant lose anything by giving it a shot!

https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/websc...-outside#goto1
Old 01-21-2009, 06:37 PM
Launching!

Location: On a one way dead end street... And I can't get out

Call up Pay Pal. I had a buyer open a claim on me. Its a long story. First he went after me and pay pal held money from me which put me in the neg for a month. They found the claim in my favor because he put up a false shipping add. Then he open another claim and that one was issued by his credit card company. Which they take the money from pay pal and then pay pal takes there money from me. There has to be something that they can do..
Old 01-21-2009, 06:50 PM
Launching!

I have talked to the supervisor of the supervisor of the supervisor. They refused to let me talk to anyone higher. It is just a simple loophole. Paypal cant afford to offer protection on everything, so they have a partnership with ebay, those sales are protected. They have some ritzy ditzy name for the way they handle everything else I cant remember the name, but simply put they just wait for their to be enough money in the sellers account. I knew this guy was screwy from the beginning I feel like an idiot for buying the cam. I just didnt want it to happen to anyone else. I will call bank of america tommorow. I just dont see how i can prove that i never got my items, especially when i say i bought it through paypal and even they wont refund my money. Maybe the fraudelent charge will work, i will have to be tricky in the way i word it.
Old 01-23-2009, 07:56 AM
TECH Addict

hummm....
try calling pay pal, tell them to get the address of his bank and account number, call the athorities and get them involved in fraud charges. =)

Quick Reply: how I could screwed by paypal, what that user agreement means, and how to avoid it.