Member Feedback Buyer/Seller references, report frauds here

edgarglz84 screwed me.......

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2008, 07:59 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default edgarglz84 screwed me.......

TO: edgar and julio

I purchased a zo6 cam that had "2,000" miles on it along with "NEW" push rods and yellow springs. oh and an ss silverado bumper insert. I sent him a money order b/c he would not use paypal (now I know why).

When I received the parts I could not wait to put them on.......

I unwrapped the grill and it is all bent up and one of the welds that holds the bars in place is broken completely

Then I imediatly move on to the cam and stuff thinking that seeing it would lighten my mood......

I thought the cam had alot of burn on it for 2,000 miles so I took it to a reputable machine shop in my area and they said it is possible to have 2,000 miles on it but that it spent 80% of those miles were 1/4 mile passes them I moved on to show them the push rods and he said "tell me you are kidding" I looked down and the push rods have RUST on them. H e again stated that these are not new. then we moved on to the springs after looking them over he said that these had been installed and he was pretty sure, judging by the other parts, they were used also............

I have spent the last two week contacting him and I get him saying well it is not me it is my brother-in-law and I am getting the run around. then he sends me his phone number and I have left two messages and called three times with no response.......

I want the money returned and I will return his parts. This was the first purchase I have made on this board and I have to say it does not give me a warm feeling.

here are some pics:

here is the grill I think these speak for themselves:

now for the RUSTED pushrods that are "BRAND NEW":

here are my "NEW" springs:

and last but wrost: YOU CAN FIT A FINGERNAIL INTHE GROOVES INTHE FIRST PIC!!!

Last edited by 1bad5.3; 08-24-2008 at 10:42 AM.
Old 08-23-2008, 09:30 AM
Wearin' da big hat

Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts

This is why I NEVER do any transactions on here without using paypal. I don't care if I'm the one selling the parts, I always use paypal. I'm sorry about what happend to you man, did you ask them for pics or anything like that first?
Old 08-23-2008, 10:01 AM
On The Tree

no I did not ask for pics. He assured me that the cam was in good shape and that the springs and pushrods were new. If you saw any of these parts or the grill you would be as upset as I am
Old 08-23-2008, 10:05 AM
On The Tree

This is what makes me really angry:

My fiance decided to return to school so that we can better our selves. I spend every dime I have paying bills and making sure that we make our payments to the school on time. We do not qualify for hardly any grants or financial aid because I make enough money we do not qualify.

The really shitty part is that it took me about 5-6 months to come up with the 350.00 dollars to get these parts. I was so excited when I sent the money for the parts. not all of us can afford a 408 with a procharger and fully built trans. but I do enjoy the fact that some times my family has extra money and my fiance is kind enough to give it all to me so that we can enjoy this truck obsesion together.

Last edited by 1bad5.3; 08-23-2008 at 10:21 AM.
Old 08-23-2008, 10:12 AM
TECH Fanatic

dude not every body on here is a douche bag I have bought a hand full of stuff and have not gotten screwed. Good luck getting your money back.
Old 08-23-2008, 10:19 AM
Wearin' da big hat

Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts

From LS1Tech

11. FRAUD & RISK. Buy and Sell at your own risk. LS1TECH and its staff are not responsible if someone rips you off or doesn't send parts out in a timely manner. This classifieds section is a free service for the community, and it is YOUR responsibility to handle all transactions in a low-risk method. DO NOT contact us if there is a dispute between you and someone else, we are NOT INVOLVED. You can help minimize fraud risk by doing these suggestions:

* Pay using www.paypal.com , using a credit card. This way, if a part does not arrive, you can do a charge back through your credit card company.

* Always ask for full name, residential address, phone numbers of both buyers and sellers. An honest seller should have no problem disclosing this info to you privately.

* If possible, ask for photos of the for sale items. This may help prove they actually have the item to sell. Tell them to stick a piece of paper in the photo that says "LS1TECH" on it, maybe with a date. That prevents them from reusing old photos from someone else's sale.

* Shipping things C.O.D. is risky. Try to use UPS, Fedex, or USPS Delivery Confirmation so that you can track shipments. Have someone sign for it if it is expensive.

* Ask for references from other members, hopefully from other members who have been registered for longer than one year and are active here.

* Use your gut feeling. If something seems too good to be true, or a seller/buyer seems a little shady, don't take the risk.
Old 08-23-2008, 10:21 AM
2nd fastest 5.3 ECSB

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

OK. I sent the member a PM requesting a response to this thread.

I would advise YOU post up pictures of the parts you describe in your complaint.

If you are not involved in this transaction OR have no helpful information (like what was posted above) to the resolve of this matter I suggest you don't post your opinions here
Old 08-23-2008, 11:23 AM
On The Tree

I talked edgar and he told methat he is trying to reach julio. Basiclly julio is a dead beat he has done this to another person. I spoke to edgar and he said he was reluctant to give out julio's phone number.
Old 08-23-2008, 11:24 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by trever1t
OK. I sent the member a PM requesting a response to this thread.

I would advise YOU post up pictures of the parts you describe in your complaint.

If you are not involved in this transaction OR have no helpful information (like what was posted above) to the resolve of this matter I suggest you don't post your opinions here
I will get these up tonight and thank you for the help! It is a hard lesson learned.
Old 08-23-2008, 05:26 PM
2nd fastest 5.3 ECSB

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

OK, First of all,

edgarglz84 Posted the thread and is the member responsible for the sales. Posting sales for other's is not permitted on this site so there will be none of this "it's my cousin's" BS.

Here is the link to the original sale's thread:
https://www.performancetrucks.net/fo...d.php?t=422604

And the member profile:
https://www.performancetrucks.net/fo...er.php?u=90533

My PM to Edgar was read but I see no response here.

Quick Reply: edgarglz84 screwed me.......