INTERNAL ENGINE MODIFICATIONS Valvetrain |Heads | Strokers | Design | Assembly

Zo6 Cam?

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2008, 06:32 PM
I AM A MOTHERF*CKER

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yeah you interweb warriors! You should go do something for a change

TJ put all those slow S10s back in your sig...

MPFD, reign it in brother. You're on course for a vacation with the name calling and such -- please feel free to continue to "correct" these newblets with your vast knowledge, but stop with the name calling.
Old 08-27-2008, 12:23 AM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by MPFD
You sound like a knowledgable source running 14's. But we run the 1/4 mile here. I would say your a valvetrain expert running ls6 springs with the cam in you sig. It's amazing how knowledgable idiots sound when they have 3300 posts. Maybe you should spend some more time in the shop and less at your computer you might learn somthing valuable first hand. If anybody actually read the first post, What was in question was using stock lm7 pushrods, which is not a good idea. If your gonna buy pushrods anyway why not buy the right sized ones. And by the way it was a 13.19 @ 102 on a bone stock baby cam only motor with a 150 rwhp shot, first time out this year. Since it's run in the twelves. But my life doesn't revolve around trying to impress **** ant moran's that are to cheap to buy proper valvetrain components.
You do realize that talking down on people doesn't make you look or sound any smarter also, right?

Will stock LM7 pushrods work with a production LSx camshaft? Yes. Might aftermarket pushrods work better? Maybe.

If you are buying new pushrods for some reason anyway, then go ahead and get the longer ones. I would first check to see what the base circle is on a higher lift aftermarket cam, just so if/when you decide to upgrade again in the future, you don't have to buy another set of pushrods.