INTERNAL ENGINE MODIFICATIONS Valvetrain |Heads | Strokers | Design | Assembly

What else could break?

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2007, 11:46 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ran great, Holty. I guess the retainer and the spring pressure held it together. I even changed to a .025" longer pushrod trying to get rid of the ticking.

Redneck, when you said "scary" I thought you meant you were worried cause you have the same lifters.

I tore it down and found all the pieces to the clip. They were all on top of the lifter. One was even lodger in the plastic retainer. The lifter actually looks fine other than the clip missing. I bet I could take a clip off of an old lifter and this lifter would be fine, but I'm not gonna chance that. I'll be replacing it with a new one tomorrow.
Old 09-01-2007, 10:37 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by blown3qtr
Ran great, Holty. I guess the retainer and the spring pressure held it together. I even changed to a .025" longer pushrod trying to get rid of the ticking.

Redneck, when you said "scary" I thought you meant you were worried cause you have the same lifters.

I tore it down and found all the pieces to the clip. They were all on top of the lifter. One was even lodger in the plastic retainer. The lifter actually looks fine other than the clip missing. I bet I could take a clip off of an old lifter and this lifter would be fine, but I'm not gonna chance that. I'll be replacing it with a new one tomorrow.
Thats cool.

James