INTERNAL ENGINE MODIFICATIONS Valvetrain |Heads | Strokers | Design | Assembly

Roller Rockers worth the money?

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2011, 02:06 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Roller Rockers worth the money?

I'm wondering if i should replace the stock rochers with these roller rockers: Comp Cams Pro-Magnum Roller Rocker Arm Kit

Currently the truck has 101k miles and i plan on putting a SC on it next year. I am going to a z06 cam and springs but i dont know that these are worth the extra money and would make a difference or if i should just leaxe the stock rockers.

Thanks!
Old 10-13-2011, 02:10 PM
Baltimore Whore

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Anything you can do to help the valve train out usually makes power.. However, unless you are spinning high rpms, I do not see them helping out much. IMO if you want to do it then that is fine but you might not notice anything..
Old 10-13-2011, 02:18 PM
PT's Slowest Truck

If I were to get roller rockers, I wouldn't get the Comp Magnums, pretty sure that they're the heaviest of the bunch, and one of the best things that you can do for your valve train is to keep the weight down on the tip of the valve. Considering Comp's recent quality issues, I'd run away from them anyway. Considering the mild Z06 cam that you're planning, the stockers should be fine. You could go for the Harland Sharp trunion upgrade for some added insurance though
Old 10-13-2011, 02:19 PM
9 Second Truck Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Don't waste your money unless your going for all out power.
Old 10-13-2011, 02:44 PM
Baltimore Whore

Originally Posted by budhayes3
If I were to get roller rockers, I wouldn't get the Comp Magnums, pretty sure that they're the heaviest of the bunch, and one of the best things that you can do for your valve train is to keep the weight down on the tip of the valve. Considering Comp's recent quality issues, I'd run away from them anyway. Considering the mild Z06 cam that you're planning, the stockers should be fine. You could go for the Harland Sharp trunion upgrade for some added insurance though
Agreed also, weight is another thing that also comes into play.. As far as comps issues, I have talked to many engine builders, they still use them, with no issues.. Not sure whats going on with comp and the LS parts, but old gen sbc/bbc have had a great track record..
Old 10-13-2011, 02:44 PM
Teching In

Thanks for the input! sisnt know if adding the supercharger would make a difference and thats why i chose the z06 cam because its mild and i'm not a big fan of idle lope for a 4x4. so would these aluminum rockers from Summit be better Summit Racing SUM-G6980 - Summit Racing® Roller Rocker Arms for LS1/LS6 - Overview - SummitRacing.com or should i just go with the trunion upgrade? Also, what kind of noise will the rollers make if any? I'm not overly familiar with internal engine mods as i spend most of my time on the suspension and drivetrain so i'm sorry with all the "noob" questions.
Old 10-13-2011, 02:52 PM
Baltimore Whore

A roller will be about the same if not a little quieter then standard, the z06 cam will idle like stock.. I know summit sells alot of good items, but I do not know if I would run those.. I say stick to stockers, put the money else where.. I think most people put rollers on just for bragging rites, ''oh I have roller rockers''
Old 10-13-2011, 03:35 PM
TECH Regular

I've done some searching on ls1tech and found CARS gettin 10-15rwhp with just rocker upgrade but thats cars and the rocker ratio was changed which in turn changes the lift and thats what produced power if I'm not mistaken someone correct me if I'm wrong but if I were you and had the money to blow and wanted to get every bit of HP you can. I would like the assurance of knowin its all new and I would do harlnd sharp 1.8 but thats just my opinon.
Old 10-13-2011, 03:42 PM
Baltimore Whore

Yes you will def gain power when you switch to a diff ratio...
Old 10-13-2011, 03:45 PM
11 Second Hall Moniter

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Mangled03gmc
I think most people put rollers on just for bragging rites, ''oh I have roller rockers''
I have roller rockers...

Quick Reply: Roller Rockers worth the money?