INTERNAL ENGINE MODIFICATIONS Valvetrain |Heads | Strokers | Design | Assembly

Intake Manifold Madness

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2008, 04:25 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That throttle body is supposed to have similar if not same circuitry as the Vette thottle body. FWIW, I could not get a vette (LS2) TB to work on my truck correctly so I sold that setup, along with the Maggie, RIGHT AS DrX was coming out with something promising. At any rate I would like to know if you get that throttle body to work correctly on your 06. And what I mean by "work" is all signals are recognized correctly by the PCM.

Bill
Old 01-17-2008, 04:33 PM
High on diesel fumes

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Interesting...the LS6 manifold is supposed to flow better than the LS2, but a quick port job (which I believe just requires just trimming down a little plastic flap inside the TB neck) is supposed to net decent gains. I'll try and find some info on it.
Old 01-17-2008, 04:40 PM
High on diesel fumes

Check this thread out, there's some good info in there. Seems like you'd be better off running an LS6 manifold, or even the stock truck manifold.

http://ls2gto.com/forums/showthread....ntake+manifold

I can't find anything about porting the LS2 manifold though, other than where most people send them too. Maybe it's not as easy as I thought.
Old 01-17-2008, 05:00 PM
9 Second Truck Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I read countless threads that an ls6 with stock throttle body outflowed the ls2 with 90mm. That and not having to buy a 90mm TB is what convinced me. ALso, a dyno opened up in our town today so I can either do a dyno comparison of Truck vs Ls6 or a track comparison. There is alot of gains shown on the dyno so I'm sure we need more track results right?
Old 01-17-2008, 05:06 PM
TECH Veteran

I'm curious to see how thats going to work also. That looks as though its a stock 07+ truck TB (87MM). I know that the new LS2 style engines use a completely different computer setup, the DBW TB's on these are no longer run by a TAC module and are run entirely thru the ECM. Are you running the new ECM with the new setup too?

Sorry if this is a stupid question, I haven't really been following your new build that closely until now.
Old 01-18-2008, 05:42 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by thunder550
Interesting...the LS6 manifold is supposed to flow better than the LS2, but a quick port job (which I believe just requires just trimming down a little plastic flap inside the TB neck) is supposed to net decent gains. I'll try and find some info on it.
the site is LS2portworks.com sorry if it's a nonsponsor link and they net real good gains

Check this thread out, there's some good info in there. Seems like you'd be better off running an LS6 manifold, or even the stock truck manifold.

http://ls2gto.com/forums/showthread....ntake+manifold

I can't find anything about porting the LS2 manifold though, other than where most people send them too. Maybe it's not as easy as I thought.
I kinda am a little mad that i bought the LS2 now that i see the flow numbers, i was under the understanding that the LS2 was just a LS6 manifold with a 90mm neck

Originally Posted by tarinitup
I read countless threads that an ls6 with stock throttle body outflowed the ls2 with 90mm. That and not having to buy a 90mm TB is what convinced me. ALso, a dyno opened up in our town today so I can either do a dyno comparison of Truck vs Ls6 or a track comparison. There is alot of gains shown on the dyno so I'm sure we need more track results right?
Let us know what you find out

Originally Posted by L33Z71
I'm curious to see how thats going to work also. That looks as though its a stock 07+ truck TB (87MM). I know that the new LS2 style engines use a completely different computer setup, the DBW TB's on these are no longer run by a TAC module and are run entirely thru the ECM. Are you running the new ECM with the new setup too?

Sorry if this is a stupid question, I haven't really been following your new build that closely until now.
Prolly a Dr.x Box for adaptation

Last edited by ZZebes; 01-18-2008 at 05:49 PM.
Old 01-18-2008, 08:43 PM
TECH Apprentice

Don't be discouraged, ported it will outflow the ls6, look over on tech
Old 01-20-2008, 02:03 PM
High on diesel fumes

Yeah, porting it is probably the way to go if you can do it.
Old 01-20-2008, 02:38 PM
TECH Junkie

Yeah, porting it is probably the way to go if you can do it.
Thats what i am gonna do is send my intake off to www.LS2PortWorks.com and have them port it then if i don't like it i'll sell it. but they pick up 15hp over a stock LS2 intake so we'll see
Old 01-20-2008, 03:41 PM
Tin Foil Hat Wearin' Fool

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

With the kind of dough you will have tied up in that thing you might as well put your money towards a fast 90 instead.

Quick Reply: Intake Manifold Madness