INTERNAL ENGINE MODIFICATIONS Valvetrain |Heads | Strokers | Design | Assembly

how to run a fast lsxr 102 with lq4 truck accesories?

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2011, 08:06 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 03sierraslt
You are not pushing boost through it... No doubt its a nice intake and its posting good gains but with boost you can get the same power with a little more boost. I am quite certain you know what I ment.....

Its just that if someone is asking questions about different setups and seem uncertain in the direction they are going, I am just trying to clarify that nothing special is needed intake wise to make good power.
yep i knew what ya meant

https://ls1tech.com/forums/forced-in...old-boost.html
Old 02-02-2011, 10:56 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If you just want the intake for cool factor then fine, but if you want it for performance I feel you are wasting your time at the moment. If you are going to have a stock shortblock then that will be your limiting factor, not your intake. Having boost you can always add a couple psi to get more power, spending all that cash on that intake vs. just raising the boost a bit doesn't seem logical to me. I could understand if you were going all out and looking for every last HP or building a show vehicle but if not then.....I wouldn't bother. For that matter, the amount that intake and everything will cost would put a nice dent in the cost of a built shortblock.
You are not pushing boost through it... No doubt its a nice intake and its posting good gains but with boost you can get the same power with a little more boost. I am quite certain you know what I ment.....

Its just that if someone is asking questions about different setups and seem uncertain in the direction they are going, I am just trying to clarify that nothing special is needed intake wise to make good power.
very true i see wut u mean 03sierraslt...i just read up on ,,i think the screen name is stock48 (white scsb gmc) and he is running the stock truck intake and hand ported 317's at around 1100hp...so now that i hav seen some serious power that will take me a good year or two to get to (unless i get a better job) then im pretty sure i will stick to the truck intake...thx for the input..as for a swap later down the road then it will be the cool factor...altho wut kind of hp/tq can be had with me sending my 6L to HKE and building a stroked 6L??? or given that i am going to go with boost...how much would it relatively cost to build my 6l to just get my truck in2 the 11s???this is the real question...
Old 02-02-2011, 10:59 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by skeet
lol i like my cool factor intake im sure glad i didnt buy it for perfomance

i run the LSXr intake, and you can run the f body acc's.
oh ok thx skeet,,wut has been ur best et in the 1/4?? just curious,, i read up on ur truck a lil after ur post...
Old 02-03-2011, 08:09 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by la ricky bobby
oh ok i see wut ur saying banker099..altho y cant sum1 just run the car accesories wen they swap an ls1/2/3/6/7 in2 a truck?just cant figure out y nt...
oh i thought u wanted to know how to make it work WITH truck acc...if you wanna run all the ls3 acc im sure that would work too
Old 02-03-2011, 10:03 AM
TECH Resident

I agree with Jon, why not just run the lsxrt intake and not have to worry about changing all the accessories? Better low end torque as well.
Old 02-03-2011, 10:13 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by zachm89
I agree with Jon, why not just run the lsxrt intake and not have to worry about changing all the accessories? Better low end torque as well.
they dont make it for L92 heads
Old 02-03-2011, 10:53 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by la ricky bobby
oh ok thx skeet,,wut has been ur best et in the 1/4?? just curious,, i read up on ur truck a lil after ur post...
Heavily Modded 6.0 STOCK short block BUT Still Street Friendly @ 480+/440+
BEST:
ET: 11.39
60FT:1.52
1/4 MPH: 118
Old 02-03-2011, 11:14 AM
GFYS and STFU

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by skeet
Heavily Modded 6.0 STOCK short block BUT Still Street Friendly @ 480+/440+
BEST:
ET: 11.39
60FT:1.52
1/4 MPH: 118
Where have I seen this before Oh yeah!!
Old 02-03-2011, 11:52 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Spoolin
Where have I seen this before Oh yeah!!
lol nice call,,i just read up on the engine build skeet and cant wait to see wut u run at the shootout...,..

Last edited by la ricky bobby; 02-03-2011 at 12:04 PM.
Old 02-03-2011, 11:58 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by banker099
oh i thought u wanted to know how to make it work WITH truck acc...if you wanna run all the ls3 acc im sure that would work too
i did want to know how to make it work with the truck accesories and u answered that with me having to run f-body accesories..thx...altho i just see a lot of swaps done and they seem to go thru the trouble of taking off the car accesories on just about any ls engine and throwing the truck accesories on,,of course if its going in a truck y not..but y even go thru the trouble and just take that engine off the crate and just drop it in the truck and work with the car accesories and car ecm..thx tho banker099...i know im asking a lot of questions but thats the only way to learn other than doing a bunch of research...

Quick Reply: how to run a fast lsxr 102 with lq4 truck accesories?