INTERNAL ENGINE MODIFICATIONS Valvetrain |Heads | Strokers | Design | Assembly

Head Swap Gone Wrong!!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2007, 10:20 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Head Swap Gone Wrong!!!!!!!!

Well i have the two heads on the truck now.....gotta pull the left side valve cover off and take the rockers off and put the damn guide in cause i forgot to do so the first time around "On that side."
Second mishap....discovered one of my 918 springs is broken and not sure how long it's been broken for.........
Thrid, Derek broke the oil pan in two or three places from trying to put it on but the wires on the passenger side were in the way...and when he tightned down the bolts yep broke the pan.
This is horrid as he has another one so no biggie just gotta do it tomorrow.

Fourth, While under the truck he removed my starter because it had been acting up so i bought a new one to replace it.....
When i was torqueing down the rockers"without the guide in place lol" i noticed what looked like a crack in the flexplate. So i ask him if it was in fact cracked and of course IT IS....but not just where that bolt is but in another spot as well and this is just the bottom half we could see of it.

So now i need a new flexplate a new oil pan gotta fix the crimped wires from the oil pan...redo the passenger side rockers oh yeah and finish up all the other stuff along with a normal head instal.
But the driver side is done =]
So whats a good STRONG Flexplate to get for the truck? Don't want to go back with a stocker.
Old 10-13-2007, 10:43 PM
what a rush!

Received 28 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by TouchOfEvil04
Well i have the two heads on the truck now.....gotta pull the left side valve cover off and take the rockers off and put the damn guide in cause i forgot to do so the first time around "On that side."
Second mishap....discovered one of my 918 springs is broken and not sure how long it's been broken for.........
Thrid, Derek broke the oil pan in two or three places from trying to put it on but the wires on the passenger side were in the way...and when he tightned down the bolts yep broke the pan.
This is horrid as he has another one so no biggie just gotta do it tomorrow.

Fourth, While under the truck he removed my starter because it had been acting up so i bought a new one to replace it.....
When i was torqueing down the rockers"without the guide in place lol" i noticed what looked like a crack in the flexplate. So i ask him if it was in fact cracked and of course IT IS....but not just where that bolt is but in another spot as well and this is just the bottom half we could see of it.

So now i need a new flexplate a new oil pan gotta fix the crimped wires from the oil pan...redo the passenger side rockers oh yeah and finish up all the other stuff along with a normal head instal.
But the driver side is done =]
So whats a good STRONG Flexplate to get for the truck? Don't want to go back with a stocker.
Meziere
Old 10-13-2007, 10:45 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by moregrip

Meziere
Get a meziere flexplate? Can you tell me where to get one or if it's not a sponsor link hit me with a PM please?
Old 10-13-2007, 10:46 PM
what a rush!

Get a meziere flexplate? Can you tell me where to get one or if it's not a sponsor link hit me with a PM please?

from Meziere brother, billet steel
Old 10-13-2007, 10:49 PM
TECH Junkie

from Meziere brother, billet steel
Is this the one i needs?
Thats from the site.

GM LS-1 FP319 6.5 168 Stk. GM LS-1

6 on 3.11
Stk 3 hole w/ slot on 11.056

& 3 on 10.75
Old 10-13-2007, 10:54 PM
what a rush!

call them and make sure, thats what I did and they are super cool!
Old 10-13-2007, 10:56 PM
TECH Junkie

call them and make sure, thats what I did and they are super cool!
Looks like the only way to order is by phone huh?
So this flexplate would be better than the TCI? Wanna go with something thats about as good as i can get so i don't break another one.....
Also how is the shipping on em? Bout how long did it take for you to get yours in?
Thanks for all the help!!!!
Old 10-13-2007, 10:57 PM
what a rush!

Looks like the only way to order is by phone huh?
So this flexplate would be better than the TCI? Wanna go with something thats about as good as i can get so i don't break another one.....
Also how is the shipping on em? Bout how long did it take for you to get yours in?
Thanks for all the help!!!!
lol, I just drove over and picked mine up
Old 10-13-2007, 11:00 PM
what a rush!

Old 10-13-2007, 11:03 PM
TECH Junkie

arp bolts? What all arp bolts should i get? flexplates and torque converter anything else?
Gonna be putting a new stall in at same time.....no point in pulling the tranny twice ya know and i'm just gonna roll with some new arp's instead of the stockers.
Also does the new flexplate weigh less more or same weight as the stocker?

Quick Reply: Head Swap Gone Wrong!!!!!!!!