INTERNAL ENGINE MODIFICATIONS Valvetrain |Heads | Strokers | Design | Assembly

Forged Cranshafts......where are they made?

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2006, 04:48 PM
Tin Foil Hat Wearin' Fool

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Ill tell you this much my Eagle stroker crank may have been cast in China and machined here but Eagle sucks at machining their **** Ill post a pic of how they machined the counterwieght on my crank in a little bit Im taking a break from building the motor and the camera is out in the garage. Eagle=**** IMO when I rebuild the engine this summer if I do I will be buying an HTC or Lunati crank and no JE pistons
Old 01-03-2006, 05:03 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by moregrip
Who makes 100% made in the USA cranks? Is HTC the only one?
How about Sonny Bryant and Moldex?
Old 01-03-2006, 06:36 PM
TECH Fanatic

What is HDC?
Old 01-03-2006, 07:29 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by billreid1@***.net
How about Sonny Bryant and Moldex?
I know both are machined in the U.S and most likey forged here to. Neither are cheap and they are known for their quality.
Moldex's 4.3 v6 cranks are all billet so you know they are "made/machine" in the U.S.
Old 01-03-2006, 07:52 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by 1slow01Z71
Ill tell you this much my Eagle stroker crank may have been cast in China and machined here but Eagle sucks at machining their **** Ill post a pic of how they machined the counterwieght on my crank in a little bit Im taking a break from building the motor and the camera is out in the garage. Eagle=**** IMO when I rebuild the engine this summer if I do I will be buying an HTC or Lunati crank and no JE pistons
IMO Eagle and Scat are both very good products for what you pay. CAT is mostly crap.
Old 01-03-2006, 11:00 PM
Staging Lane

When I was buying my crank the tech actually talked me out of a more expensive piece and he told me that they've been putting Scat cranks in race motors for years and haven't had any problems. So thats the route I went.
Old 01-03-2006, 11:27 PM
what a rush!

Received 28 Likes on 20 Posts

Interesting Info:

"For many the name Cola is a relatively new name. But Cola has a rich history behind it. Cola was originally founded in 1977 as Mondello Crankshaft with Joe Mondello (of cylinder head porting and Dr. Oldsmobile fame) and Raul Negrete. Within a few years Mondello Crankshaft became L.A. Billet Crankshaft. L.A. Billet is the original innovator of the non twist 4340 crankshaft. They were building these cranks long before anyone else including General Motors. Today L.A. Billet is just a memory and Cola Crankshafts remains the leader in premium racing crankshafts."
Old 01-04-2006, 12:13 AM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by moregrip
Interesting Info:

"For many the name Cola is a relatively new name. But Cola has a rich history behind it. Cola was originally founded in 1977 as Mondello Crankshaft with Joe Mondello (of cylinder head porting and Dr. Oldsmobile fame) and Raul Negrete. Within a few years Mondello Crankshaft became L.A. Billet Crankshaft. L.A. Billet is the original innovator of the non twist 4340 crankshaft. They were building these cranks long before anyone else including General Motors. Today L.A. Billet is just a memory and Cola Crankshafts remains the leader in premium racing crankshafts."
Here's 2 cents worth..........
I first met the guy that ran LA Billet when I needed my Triumph crankshaft cross drilled. His name is Raoul. That was 1980. He moved to Cola in the late 80's and as far as I know, he was with them until at least 1999. I haven't seen or talked to him since then. I don't know if he's still with them, but they were an impressive crank manufacturer when I got the nickle tour.

For those wanting high quality LS1 cranks in various strokes, I'd like to suggest Callies Crankshafts. I've sold a number of them over the last couple of years. They're a real quality part.

Richard
Old 01-04-2006, 12:19 AM
what a rush!

Received 28 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by Richard@WCCH
Here's 2 cents worth..........
I first met the guy that ran LA Billet when I needed my Triumph crankshaft cross drilled. His name is Raoul. That was 1980. He moved to Cola in the late 80's and as far as I know, he was with them until at least 1999. I haven't seen or talked to him since then. I don't know if he's still with them, but they were an impressive crank manufacturer when I got the nickle tour.

For those wanting high quality LS1 cranks in various strokes, I'd like to suggest Callies Crankshafts. I've sold a number of them over the last couple of years. They're a real quality part.

Richard
Good Info, thanks Richard.(no I'm not changing my mind about my setup , just curious about these things)
Old 01-04-2006, 03:43 AM
Tin Foil Hat Wearin' Fool

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Here is a pic of how Eagle sent me their crank. This pis doesnt even look as bad as it was. For the price eagle is good since a Lunati or Callies crank would ahve ran me 1600 I believe and I got my eagle crank for 780 so I went cheap this time but like i said before if this motor comes back apart a better crank will be put in it

I pic of how I ground the crank while in the motor no flaming needed I already know but Im on a tight time schedule to get it back together so i can get back to Texas.

Quick Reply: Forged Cranshafts......where are they made?