INTERNAL ENGINE MODIFICATIONS Valvetrain |Heads | Strokers | Design | Assembly

Finally ordered the pistons and rods.

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2007, 03:44 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

lurius what kind of numbers are you expecting out of it? Which intake are you gonna use? Fuel system? Trans? Reason im asking all these questions is soon il have something very similiar.
Old 04-13-2007, 04:17 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by blake2kz71
lurius what kind of numbers are you expecting out of it? Which intake are you gonna use? Fuel system? Trans? Reason im asking all these questions is soon il have something very similiar.
Right now I plan on using the truck manifold, with the 8.1L injectors(I think i'll need more, we'll see once I get some software to monitor the duty cycle), and I have a Walbro 255lph pump installed in tank. Transmission is going to be built by TRT turbos, I have talked with them a couple times through PMs and they say their 4l60e's are holding up to FI motors alright, so i'll give it a go. Stall will be a Fuddle Racing 3500 stall that will go in with the motor. I will be putting motor in before the transmission due to money avaialbe at the moment, but I wont be pushing it hard for another month or so for the break in.

-Lurius

PS: I am spraying this motor, so I may go with a standalone fuel system for the nitrous eventually, otherwise I may need to do more fuelign upgrades at some point.
Old 04-13-2007, 05:16 PM
TECH Fanatic

yeh thats pretty similiar to what i want. I was thinking vic jr intake, 80e conversion w/ just a few upgrades, not sure on stall yet, same heads also.
Old 04-13-2007, 08:00 PM
GFYS and STFU

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Lurius
Transmission is going to be built by TRT turbos, I have talked with them a couple times through PMs and they say their 4l60e's are holding up to FI motors alright, so i'll give it a go.
You're nuts...I can't see how that tranny is gonna last very long...why not just to the 80e now. For peace of mind if not for anything else.
Also you said your going with a 3500 stall, is this your DD or not?
Old 04-13-2007, 10:53 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by Spoolin
You're nuts...I can't see how that tranny is gonna last very long...why not just to the 80e now. For peace of mind if not for anything else.
Also you said your going with a 3500 stall, is this your DD or not?
Let me start by saying yes, I am nuts. Im sure it can handle enough for long enough for me to get the 80E later on. I cannot afford to do it right now, but in a couple months once everything is broken in, till then I wont likely spray. It is a daily driver, only driver actually lol. Other than a tractor I guess, which I can legally drive ont he road, but I dont know why i'd want to do that.. Unless someone near by pissed me off.. Could fork'm with the hay hook, rofl.

But yea, Im hoping the tranny holds for long enough for me to save up for the 80E. Actually, I'll message TRT and see if they offer an 80E, if they do then I may have to swap my converter soon and go that route, but I think they only have the 60E's.

-Lurius
Old 04-13-2007, 10:54 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by blake2kz71
yeh thats pretty similiar to what i want. I was thinking vic jr intake, 80e conversion w/ just a few upgrades, not sure on stall yet, same heads also.
I talked to fuddle racing and they recomended the stall to me, i'll give it a go and see how well it turns out, if its not what I want I can always change it later.

-Lurius
Old 04-13-2007, 11:56 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Lurius
I talked to fuddle racing and they recomended the stall to me, i'll give it a go and see how well it turns out, if its not what I want I can always change it later.

-Lurius
yeh thats true and converters sell quick on here too.
Old 04-17-2007, 08:24 AM
TECH Resident

Parts are finished already! Picking them up from the machine shop this morning!

Pics will follow!

-Lurius
Old 04-17-2007, 11:11 AM
TECH Resident

Alright, well this is badass.. All the pistons and rods weighed equal to the others! No matching or balancing was needed! The crank was balanced and heres the info card they gave me.

Rod rotating:449
Rod rotating:449
Rod bearing: 49
Rod bearing: 49
Oil allowance: 4
Piston and pin:519
locks(1set): 2
Rings 1 set(Plus rail): 41
Rod reciprocating: 172
Bob weight total: 1734

He said this is pretty light for a chevy SB.. What do yall engine gurus gather from this info?

-Lurius
Old 04-17-2007, 04:33 PM
GFYS and STFU

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I'm no guru so I'll let the others decide but the lighter the rotating assembly probably means you can up your rev limiter no? More top end play!

Quick Reply: Finally ordered the pistons and rods.