INTERNAL ENGINE MODIFICATIONS Valvetrain |Heads | Strokers | Design | Assembly

DoD delete and cam swap in 2007.5 Silverado

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2016, 08:13 AM
TECH Addict

Received 61 Likes on 49 Posts

I cant speak for the cam, but i just did the DOD delete and it cost more than i figured. My whole rebuild has Nickle and Dimed me to death and the little misc parts have killed time frame.
Old 05-05-2016, 11:09 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Choda
I cant speak for the cam, but i just did the DOD delete and it cost more than i figured. My whole rebuild has Nickle and Dimed me to death and the little misc parts have killed time frame.
So assuming I'm going to just do the DoD delete and cam swap, what else will I need? Think I'm going to go with BTR valve springs, will I need new pushrods? And how can I know what length I'll need?? I want to get everything possible bought before I even start the project. I want to have it down for as little time as possible...

Okay so here's my plan so far:

BTR DoD Delete Kit, $395

I have it configured with 12498544 Head gaskets, Delphi 12499225 LS7 lifters, and 134-3610 ARP head bolts.
Priced it out otherwise buying everything separate and it's way more expensive than from Brian Tooley.

EPS Truck Torque 2 Cam, $445

PAC 1904 Spring kit, $299

Still have to find out about pushrods

Last edited by Sypher; 05-05-2016 at 11:51 AM.
Old 05-05-2016, 12:24 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 36 Likes on 34 Posts

Pep Complete Drop in LS1 Dual Valve Spring Kit 650 Lift Pakage | eBay

And price out the dod delete kit separately... The 6.0/4.8 truck valley cover is about $40 vs the $130 for the ls3 and you dont have th issues with clearnace and running the car pcv
Old 05-05-2016, 12:39 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Wolftrk99
Pep Complete Drop in LS1 Dual Valve Spring Kit 650 Lift Pakage | eBay

And price out the dod delete kit separately... The 6.0/4.8 truck valley cover is about $40 vs the $130 for the ls3 and you dont have th issues with clearnace and running the car pcv
Well I did price it out and with the options I wanted, it was cheaper from Brian Tooley
Old 05-05-2016, 01:16 PM
Staging Lane

So from reading around on this site it seems that with LS7 lifters I should run 7.425" pushrods, can anyone confirm that?
Old 05-06-2016, 09:23 AM
On The Tree

i sure hope not lol! guys at texas speed assured me that 7.400" was what I needed. I supposed its different for everyone. Oh well we will see if it makes noise when i get it all together

I know the spot where the rod sits is sunk down lower in the ls7 lifters but i read it was only a problem for earlier style lifters, not our nnbs pickups..
Old 05-06-2016, 10:08 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Taylor Bickett
i sure hope not lol! guys at texas speed assured me that 7.400" was what I needed. I supposed its different for everyone. Oh well we will see if it makes noise when i get it all together

I know the spot where the rod sits is sunk down lower in the ls7 lifters but i read it was only a problem for earlier style lifters, not our nnbs pickups..
Yeah I emailed Engine Power Systems about it and they also said 7.400 so you're probably right
Old 05-06-2016, 10:12 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Sypher
So assuming I'm going to just do the DoD delete and cam swap, what else will I need? Think I'm going to go with BTR valve springs, will I need new pushrods? And how can I know what length I'll need?? I want to get everything possible bought before I even start the project. I want to have it down for as little time as possible...

Okay so here's my plan so far:

BTR DoD Delete Kit, $395

I have it configured with 12498544 Head gaskets, Delphi 12499225 LS7 lifters, and 134-3610 ARP head bolts.
Priced it out otherwise buying everything separate and it's way more expensive than from Brian Tooley.

EPS Truck Torque 2 Cam, $445

PAC 1904 Spring kit, $299

Still have to find out about pushrods
If you are only doing that DOD lifters, cam and that stuff, those kits come with everything you need. I did a full tear down to bare block.

Check the bore on those head gaskets. We have 5.3 engines with stock bores and basically stock rebuilds. Nothing crazy. A lot of people run 6.0 head gaskets because they are popular.
This is what I am using Chevrolet Performance Composition Head Gaskets 12589226 - Free Shipping on Orders Over $99 at Summit Racing but bought from TSP. I cant see the bore of the gaskets you bought.

Ask the guys selling the cam what length pushrods you will need. Either way check how they ride on the valve with machinist dye. Thats what I plan on doing. I bought 7.35. If I need 7.4, ill grab them.

Springs are good. Might be worth putting new seals in just because. They are cheap and youll have the heads off already

Do you need ARP head bolts? I bought ebay head studs for 100 bucks.
I had the valley cover from texas speed which cost me 140 instead of the 45 dollar truck one. Oh well. I missed that one.
Old 05-06-2016, 10:16 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Choda
If you are only doing that DOD lifters, cam and that stuff, those kits come with everything you need. I did a full tear down to bare block.

Check the bore on those head gaskets. We have 5.3 engines with stock bores and basically stock rebuilds. Nothing crazy. A lot of people run 6.0 head gaskets because they are popular.
This is what I am using Chevrolet Performance Composition Head Gaskets 12589226 - Free Shipping on Orders Over $99 at Summit Racing but bought from TSP. I cant see the bore of the gaskets you bought.

Ask the guys selling the cam what length pushrods you will need. Either way check how they ride on the valve with machinist dye. Thats what I plan on doing. I bought 7.35. If I need 7.4, ill grab them.

Springs are good. Might be worth putting new seals in just because. They are cheap and youll have the heads off already

Do you need ARP head bolts? I bought ebay head studs for 100 bucks.
I had the valley cover from texas speed which cost me 140 instead of the 45 dollar truck one. Oh well. I missed that one.
EPS said 7.400 pushrods for their cam. I don't NEED ARP head bolts but they're only like $55 additional to that BTR DoD delete kit, and I plan on turbos someday so it's extra insurance. I'll definitely be putting new seals in since they come in that kit
Old 05-06-2016, 10:22 AM
TECH Addict

Follow EPS.

Nice, good luck man

Quick Reply: DoD delete and cam swap in 2007.5 Silverado