Old 10-05-2015, 01:11 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 36 Likes on 34 Posts

Here we go again.....
Old 10-05-2015, 01:41 PM
Admin

Received 216 Likes on 172 Posts

Originally Posted by George C....
you sound like martin smallwood when he first read how to spec a cam book, are you related to martin smallwood or lil john
You sound like some guy that used to be around here named "quik". You related?

Stop talking down to other members, not just this thread. Members are growing frustrated with your disrespect due to them having a different opinion.
Old 10-05-2015, 01:50 PM
Formerly ScreamingL

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 03sierraslt
You sound like some guy that used to be around here named "quik". You related?

Stop talking down to other members, not just this thread. Members are growing frustrated with your disrespect due to them having a different opinion.
Theres no talking down...its hes claiming to be a cam expert when he speced 1cam in his day and hasnt even started up

As for the whole other nonsense the same can be said with their comments so where do you want to go with this?

Thing about internet is ppl become very butthurt over not knowing how to take the comment, the other issue is ppl are way too sensitive these days
Old 10-05-2015, 02:09 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Picking a cam is like asking everyone who the hottest chick in the world is. Too many different answers. Figured the Thumpr with a set of headers and a tune for OP would be a decent choice cause in a stock truck there aren't any real draw backs and you get to have everyone stare at it when you're idling. Can you do better? Yeah buy the MS4 or T-Rex.
Old 10-05-2015, 02:18 PM

Received 61 Likes on 60 Posts

Originally Posted by George C....
Theres no talking down...its hes claiming to be a cam expert when he speced 1cam in his day and hasnt even started up

As for the whole other nonsense the same can be said with their comments so where do you want to go with this?

Thing about internet is ppl become very butthurt over not knowing how to take the comment, the other issue is ppl are way too sensitive these days
It's far from 1 cam, but I'm glad your'e paying attention to my build. You have helped me in the past, and I'm sure I could use your guidance again in the future.

I am giving you the exact reasons why those cams sound the way they do, and telling you the specs can be tweaked to work better in his motor. I never claimed to be an expert, I toss out facts about the cams and let everyone digest the information how they see fit.
Old 10-05-2015, 02:40 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by 11MPG
I had the small 219/233 Thumpr in my truck. Solid best of both worlds cam. That 109 LSA gives it a heavy and mean chugging idle, but past 2,000 rpms it smooths out and you get a solid low end torque curve and decent peak horsepower numbers without having to rev the snot out of it. Long tube headers are a great match and get a dyno tune. If your on a budget that cam works fine with the cheap LS6 Blue valve springs.
Thanks 11MPG..... I'm definitely on a short budget and appreciate the feedback. The cam and headers will be happening later winter, early spring. That set-up sounds just like what I'm wanting.
Old 10-05-2015, 02:48 PM
Staging Lane

This is the camshaft I'm considering for my TM7. Everything else will be stock for now except for springs. Any other suggestions for an old broke guy?

Comp Cams Thumpr Camshaft (54-600-11)
Old 10-05-2015, 03:08 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 36 Likes on 34 Posts

WTH is a TM7????? T vin is LM7
Old 10-05-2015, 03:16 PM
Staging Lane

Sorry about that, Wolftrk99. Yes, LM7.

What about the GM Hot Cams? I'm looking for something choppy.

Quick Reply: Cam Question