INTERNAL ENGINE MODIFICATIONS Valvetrain |Heads | Strokers | Design | Assembly

6.0 hp

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2010, 09:18 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

something like that....smokeshow....dish better then flattop for nitrous?,or the other way around? im confused on the piston part...nitrous going to be down the road after ther heads n stuff...
Old 10-27-2010, 09:19 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by zero2sixT
I suggest not doing the weight reduction. You're going to turn your truck into a rag. IMO, stick with the power goal unless you're building a dedicated track ride. They aren't going to let you make a 10 sec pass w/o a cage, etc...

RAG?

by the way i run 10s every weekend at the track and yet to get a cage but i will soon enough for my own safety

oh yeah my truck isnt a dedicated track ride

removing weight doesnt make your truck a RAG!! you do it right you wont have any problems, yeah it can be costly but thats part of keeping it from being a RAG !!!
Old 10-27-2010, 09:20 PM
12 Second Truck Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It really doesn't matter... there's not that big of a difference in compression. Just get whichever one is cheaper, they both have the same potential.
Old 10-27-2010, 09:25 PM
TECH Fanatic

dlt thanks i might just do that....just want the best one for nitrous..100 shot for now.
Old 10-27-2010, 09:46 PM
TECH Fanatic

something like smokeshow......which piston better for nitrous? dish or f/t
Old 10-28-2010, 10:46 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by skeet
RAG?

by the way i run 10s every weekend at the track and yet to get a cage but i will soon enough for my own safety

oh yeah my truck isnt a dedicated track ride

removing weight doesnt make your truck a RAG!! you do it right you wont have any problems, yeah it can be costly but thats part of keeping it from being a RAG !!!
lol, little sensitive? I think it does turn it into a rag. Poor man's mod, IMO. I say run full trim, put your money in the powertrain and the suspension. Sorry but you don't need weight reduction to run 10's. As you said earlier, it takes money. More for some, less for others.

Thanks for the info about your truck's state of safety and dedication. I'll keep it on file if I ever give a ****.

I don't know what track you run at in the bustling metropolis of P.A. Texas. But HRP isn't going to let you. You don't need to run a cage at Sealy either. It's not a NHRA sanctioned track.
Old 10-29-2010, 08:55 AM
13 Second Truck Club

Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts

I'm with SKEET on the weight reduction thing. You just run better for the mods you have. I'd rather say "I run mid 11's on a stock bottom end 6.0 N/A" than to be the guy that says "I run mid 11's on a 408 stroker N/A". Its not a poor mans way of going fast, its going fast more efficiently. Plus, less weight means less stress on all your drivetrain parts.
Old 10-29-2010, 10:02 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by LS1FREEK
I'm with SKEET on the weight reduction thing. You just run better for the mods you have. I'd rather say "I run mid 11's on a stock bottom end 6.0 N/A" than to be the guy that says "I run mid 11's on a 408 stroker N/A". Its not a poor mans way of going fast, its going fast more efficiently. Plus, less weight means less stress on all your drivetrain parts.
Yeah maybe (lol) true but, I would reply, "Yes, you did out run my 408 with your 6.0. Now I'm going to turn on my A/C, listen to some MP3s, and roll my windows up and down, while locking/unlocking my doors electronically." But we both know, that isn't going to happen. You know, the 6.0 outrunning my 408.

If you add up time and effort it takes to cut weight. Plus keeping everything looking as stock as possible, without rattles, its a fkn p.i.t.a. And I don't like fiberglass body parts. I'd rather save up for a month or so and buy some new heads, run a bigger shot of dope, or w/e is your bottleneck. Then again, I could give a rat's *** about 1/4 mi times too. RWHP and powercurves are the only things I worry about.

Some people need to get a waterproof keyboard. Its my opinion. Disagree, cool. I like having a discussion. But don't cry. I associate weight reduction with ricers who holesaw their bumpers and **** like that. Not saying any of you guys do that. I've never seen the inside of Skeet's truck. I've seen some vids of his truck tearing up the track. It probably isn't a rag. I'm saying the majority of people who do reduce weight are highschool kids that do hack jobs on their buddies' rides. And it usually turns out to be a **** job.

Last edited by zero2sixT; 10-29-2010 at 10:09 AM.
Old 10-29-2010, 10:47 AM
13 Second Truck Club

Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts

LOL Yeah I definitely dont agree with takin driveability out of a truck. I was thinkin more along the lines of little stuff that adds up. Like replacing bumper for roll pan, takin out unneeded shields, jack, spare etc.
Old 10-29-2010, 07:34 PM
11 Second Truck Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

11.49 is the limit with out a cage. I don't know where Skeet is racing but, I don't know where theres a track that you can get away with 10's and no cage. If I break 13's with out a helmet I'm getting waved in and a stern warning...

Quick Reply: 6.0 hp