Site Classified Section Rules
1. General Site Guidelines apply in this section as well. SEE THEM HERE
1A. All sales on the site are between the buyer and seller, Performancetrucks.net has no responsibility before, during or after the sale. All sales issues are to be resolved between associated parties. Sales issues left incomplete will be handled on a case by case basis by the staff, incomplete transactions may result in restricted Classifieds section access to a Permanent Ban from the site.
2. All sales threads must be posted on Performancetrucks.net, links to other sites for something you are selling here is not permitted.
2A. All items for sale must include a photo of said item, in the photo the seller must include their screen name to verify its their item.
3. Post counts are turned off in the classified sections.
4. You must have accumulated at least 50 posts or have been registered with PerformanceTrucks.Net for 6 months
to post a thread in the classifieds section. This is an effort to curb scamming and help protect our members.
5. "Thread Bumping". If you join the site and start "thread bumping" to get to your minimum post count for being allowed to post in the classifieds the staff will take any action ranging from a minor warning to deleting your posts and placing you on restricted status for 6 months. Restricted status will keep you from being allowed to post in classifieds. "Thread bumping" will be defined on a case by case scenario by the staff.
6. Non-sponsor group purchase/sales need to be pre-approved before posting by site admin.
7. Start your own thread for the sale of an item. Do not hijack another member's thread.
8. When including pictures in classified sales they must be posted on Performancetrucks.net or hosted on a picture site (Photobucket etc). Pictures cannot be linked from competing sites where you are also selling.
9. Prices MUST be posted for all items in private party adds. Posting an item for a specific price plus obo is allowed. (example: $500obo)
10. Navigate to the Good/Bad seller lists and trader feedback to report your transactions.
11. No "FEELER" or Gauging Interest threads are permitted. Post it for sale or not at all.
12. Thread dumping. Threads are for people to sell their items, not for you to inform them that you've seen the same item cheaper elsewhere, or that another product is better and cheaper. This is frowned on! See this HAGGLING STICKY
13. Complaining about lowballers. It's a fact of life that people are going to offer prices far lower than what you're asking. If this happens to you, a simple "no thanks" is all that's required, not a public lambasting of said buyer.
14. Classified users must be private sellers, not a business, junkyard or bulk distributor selling overstock or take off parts. The classifieds are not intended to be a way to avoid sponsoring. Private sellers who are selling more than the normal need to get permission to use our "Mass Used parts"
15. If you are caught violating the classified section rules you could be automatically banned for 5 days. These rules are here to protect all site members from fraud.
16. Excessive sales by members who only use the forum to post in the classifieds will be permanantly banned. (Excessive is subjectively defined through the site administration) Various sponsorships are available to sell in an unlimited manner. (Contact an Admin for sponsorship details)
17. Once your item(s) are sold, update price of item(s) as SOLD
so users know to move on without wasting time. We've also given permission to user to be able to "close" their thread in this section so it can't be posted in any longer.
18. BUYER BEWARE!
The buyer is responsible for determining if a item fits their application, it is not the sellers responsibility to do so. The sellers responsibility is to accurately list any and all info about what they are selling.
If you see anyone violating any of the classified section policies use the "Report Post" button and one of the moderators will take care of it. It is very difficult for the moderating staff to keep up with every thread in this section and the use of the button will help keep the flow of the forum going smoother.