Notices
GMT K2xx Trucks General Discussion 2014+ Trucks | General Discussion

Are you Freaking kidding me!!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-2019, 11:55 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Unhappy Are you Freaking kidding me!!!

Well, Im off to a crappy week. I guess my 2 german shepherds desided to chase a cat which desided to run up and hide in my engine bay. That didnt stop the dogs, they were able to rip apart the fender well cover and trash my engine harness and battery cables....... wtf!!!

Now I need to find a replacement harness, Ive contacted online GM part suppliers and Ive been quoted 350 shipped for a replacement harness. The only issue is that they cant guarantee me a delivery date cause of the strike. So Im looking at almost a 2 month time frame going that route. The dealership want 500 for the same harness but thats not going to happen. Any ideas on where I could find a harness? Thanks for your help
Old 11-04-2019, 12:12 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 118 Likes on 98 Posts

I hate cats!!!!
The following users liked this post:
pcmcobra (11-04-2019)
Old 11-04-2019, 01:07 PM
Custm2500's Rude Friend

Received 761 Likes on 630 Posts

Look on Ebay or a junkyard that specializes in newer vehicles for a good used one.
Old 11-04-2019, 07:40 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 252 Likes on 164 Posts

Originally Posted by Jonblarc7
I hate cats!!!!
They make me itch but the little MF'rs always love me. But God, they will eat us if they are big enough.
Old 11-04-2019, 08:58 PM
100% Redneck

Received 1,331 Likes on 793 Posts

Originally Posted by Jonblarc7
I hate cats!!!!
Only when the little bastards are around my vehicles.

Had a beautiful 1957 Chevrolet 2dr hotrod I shot in DuPont Imron (two tone black & gold). Came out one morning heading to work and noticed the hood had grey and black hair all over it. I was like ??? brushing the hair off there was a ton of deep claw scratches in the finish, to deep to cut & buff. I don't know if they were fighting or fawkin but what the hell can you do? Stayed after work that night and re-shot the hood.

I buddy of mine has a cat that jumped up on the hood of my truck and left claw marks when my friend yelled scaring him off, those easily buffed out. Now when I stop by his house I lift the hood, it works keeping "Oreo" the cat off the truck.
Old 11-04-2019, 09:44 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 1,436 Likes on 1,063 Posts

Lol at the cat hate when this thread is about dogs who disabled the OPs truck lmao

I can count on exactly 0 fingers the number of times my cat has disabled any of my vehicles 😂😂

pissing match and personal vendettas aside: battery cables can be remade if in a pinch. The Harbor Freight hydraulic crimper is surprisingly good for the price. Wire by the roll is cheaper than by the foot. Time for a budget "big 3"?

engine harness will be a bit trickier. Might be better to pony up $500 and not spend the time, effort and money on rides to try and save $150

how bad is the fender? Did they claw it up or bend it at all?
The following 3 users liked this post by arthursc2:
Bgbldodge (11-04-2019), RedXray (11-05-2019), someotherguy (11-12-2019)
Old 11-05-2019, 01:46 AM
100% Redneck

Received 1,331 Likes on 793 Posts

Originally Posted by arthursc2
Lol at the cat hate when this thread is about dogs who disabled the OPs truck lmao
All cats should be herded up then deported back to their country of origin... back to k-k-k-k-k-k Katmandu -Bob Seger
Richardman1992 (11-05-2019)
Old 11-05-2019, 04:15 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 257 Likes on 215 Posts

Hate to hear that but the wiring is easy to fix.

Get some 18 or so gauge wire on a spool and start repairing it one wire at a time by matching the colors.

Some weather proof crimp connectors are excellent here with a crimper and heat gun. I repair harnesses alllll the time. It's really no biggie.

Same with battery wiring. Get some universal or some wire on a spool and get the truck to where you can drive it and get by until you get parts you want or whatever

ORRR drop it off at the dealership and call your insurance company and be done with it all..

Ring ring... Hello this is state farm.. Uh yeah I walked outside and it looks like some animals ate my truck so I took it to the dealership.
Insurance company.... OK

Done.
Jonblarc7 (11-06-2019)
Old 11-10-2019, 10:28 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by 00pooterSS
Hate to hear that but the wiring is easy to fix.

Get some 18 or so gauge wire on a spool and start repairing it one wire at a time by matching the colors.

Some weather proof crimp connectors are excellent here with a crimper and heat gun. I repair harnesses alllll the time. It's really no biggie.

Same with battery wiring. Get some universal or some wire on a spool and get the truck to where you can drive it and get by until you get parts you want or whatever

ORRR drop it off at the dealership and call your insurance company and be done with it all..

Ring ring... Hello this is state farm.. Uh yeah I walked outside and it looks like some animals ate my truck so I took it to the dealership.
Insurance company.... OK

Done.
I actually ended up fixing the harness. I had to repair the wiring for the MAF, both o2 sensors, and the battery current sensor. A buddy of mine gave me the battery cables from a donor engine swap. The truck is up and running but turns out the dogs punctured the heater core hose, now I have to order that😒 and figure out why the fans are running at high speed the whole time the truck is on...
Old 11-11-2019, 11:53 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 257 Likes on 215 Posts

For whatever reason every time I disconnect my MAF sensor my fans run on high at all times for 1-2 days.

I have unplugged my MAF multiple times for various reasons and every single time when I start up the truck the fans are on high non stop all day that same day. If I remember right it has done it some times the next day too.

Quick Reply: Are you Freaking kidding me!!!