Notices
GMT K2xx Trucks General Discussion 2014+ Trucks | General Discussion

Silverado performance mods

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2018, 01:03 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by 00pooterSS
Great now my wife is gonna be pissed that I won't shut up about getting one lol. The last stalled vehicle I had was a 2000 SS camaro with a 4000 stall and man city mileage went to ****. Doesn't matter above 40mph or so cause the converter is locked anyway, and city mileage already sucks on these trucks so not surprised to see it didn't change much. Having a 6L80 with such a short first gear helps the truck roll out also with less waste/slipping too so that will help over the 4L60.

She's already annoyed that I've had the truck about a month and tune and headers are on the list. It already has a K&N cold air, which by the way I like your setup better, the stock air box modified to pull more air is a great setup, it pulls more cold air than my K&N cold air setup will since yours pulls all air from the fender.
Yup all my fault lol. It is Circle D's DD converter and I would say it works great in a DD even being the 3000-3200 stall. Tell her the tune will help with MPG and save you money lol.
Old 03-07-2018, 05:54 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 257 Likes on 215 Posts

Originally Posted by Gorske
Yup all my fault lol. It is Circle D's DD converter and I would say it works great in a DD even being the 3000-3200 stall. Tell her the tune will help with MPG and save you money lol.
I already told her that and I told her the headers will also help hahahah. Which is not a lie, it helped my last truck gain 2mpg. Without headers. My tuner did some back to back and saw gains with headers also. Anything that increases any efficiency shows in... efficiency. I won't tell her the converter will gain anything, cause it won't so that conversation may go different lol.