Notices
GMT K2xx Trucks General Discussion 2014+ Trucks | General Discussion

Picked up an 18 RCSB!!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2019, 02:03 AM
Staging Lane

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Talking Picked up an 18 RCSB!!!

This is my first go around with a truck. I've messed with LS cars since my first ls car in 99. I've been throwing around the idea of buying a RCSB for 3-4 years now and kept saying I can't spend that much money on a gas burner. Well I flew to Tulsa and picked this thing up 2 weeks ago.
Its an 18 Cheby RCSB 5.3 WT 2wd in "Red Hot" w/ black and gray interior. Did have the windows tinted already and have lowering shackles waiting at home.

I just ordered some 24" "snowflakes" and 305/35 nitto 420s. Going to paint match the grille and add a paint matched LTZ front bumper with the fog lights. Still undecided on paint matching the back bumper or just doing a roll pan. It will be getting a RollnLock bed cover for sure. I'm considering the Cresspo Wing for the tailgate.

After I get a year or so on it and make sure I haven't had any issues with the powertrain. I'll be doing headers w/ a custom exhaust that I want to use the old 4th gen F-body dynomax muffler on. Heads and cam, tune, converter and maybe gears. I figure heads aren't necessary but if they are coming off to do a DOD delete I'm not putting stock heads back on it. A friend of mine has me scared of the fuel pumps at this time. I know this truck won't be in the harsh climates that their work trucks are in out in west Texas on pipeline right of ways but I've got bad luck so this stuff if going to be a little while down the road. Eventually a Procharger D1sc or maybe a TVS2300 will find their way under the hood. Unfortunately E85 is not common where I live so thats out for the question for now.

Hopefully I'll get time to really clean it up and get some decent pics once I get home and get the new wheels on once I get home. I work in the gulf of mexico 14 days at 1 time so I won't be home until October 2nd.

Last edited by joshua99ta; 09-23-2019 at 02:21 AM. Reason: forgot to add pic
Old 09-23-2019, 12:50 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts

Good looking ride and welcome to the truck life!! Make sure and post pics as you go. Gona be sharp with the snowflakes on it. Id love to have some 20" or 22" snowflakes for cruiser wheels on my red truck aswell.
Old 09-23-2019, 07:22 PM
Staging Lane

I think this will be a fun little project! The DI engine is kind of a pain in the D*** for fuel upgrades to make big power but I guess I do want to keep it Daily Driver friendly so I can't complain too much. I'll definitely be updating with pics as I go. I doubt I get as far as getting everything paint matched during my time off in October but it sure would be nice. We have Cruising the Coast coming up the second weekend of October in Mississippi so I wanna take the truck down for that so I don't wanna take it to the body shop for that just yet.
Old 09-24-2019, 05:47 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 408 Likes on 320 Posts

Nice ride....
Old 09-24-2019, 09:05 PM
Staging Lane

Thanks,

I spoke with the shipping company today. The wheels should arrive tomorrow and tires are scheduled to be delivered Monday! Looks like next Thursday will be a busy day to installing the lowering shackles and getting the wheels and tires mounted and put on.
Old 09-24-2019, 11:07 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 546 Likes on 472 Posts

LT4 injectors and the larger pump will take you pretty damn far on pump gas for power on a 5.3.

If did know already, you will have to bend the seam on the underside of the bed flat to fit the lowering shackles. If you use the top hole to give it a 2in rear drop it will rub the leaf spring.
Old 09-25-2019, 02:42 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by FFDP
LT4 injectors and the larger pump will take you pretty damn far on pump gas for power on a 5.3.

If did know already, you will have to bend the seam on the underside of the bed flat to fit the lowering shackles. If you use the top hole to give it a 2in rear drop it will rub the leaf spring.
lt4 injectors and pump are on the list too.

Thanks for the heads up on the shackles. A friend of mine mentioned that I may need to do that but he was not sure.
Old 09-25-2019, 10:50 AM
On The Tree

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Nice. Enjoy!
Old 09-25-2019, 08:19 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Slapps74
Nice. Enjoy!
how do you like the D-1X? I'm really interested in that unit.
Old 10-08-2019, 07:12 PM
Staging Lane

Finally got a few half decent pics of the truck with the new wheels and tires and the McGaughy’s 2” shackles and the 1” block removed. It’s within a half of an inch of being completely level.

Quick Reply: Picked up an 18 RCSB!!!