P0232, P023F Codes

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2018, 11:54 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 00pooterSS
Thanks for sharing the info man
The hits keep coming.

I get a phone call a minute ago from the service advisor at the dealer telling me that unfortunately he was wrong and that the fuel pump module is considered an "Emissions component" by the warranty department.

Of course...NOT covered.

Emissions? Fuel pump? I said "That's a new one, are the tires part of the transmission too?".

Yeah, so of course goodwill applies and I get a whopping $580 and change applied from GM so my bill is "only" a maximum of $680 dollars approximately.

**** GM. A KNOWN ******* fuel pump design issue on a 81000 mile SUV and they stick it to me. I love it.

I can only imagine what's next.

Old 12-13-2018, 12:02 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 252 Likes on 164 Posts

Ask to see it in writing that its excluded.
Old 12-13-2018, 12:30 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by ZO6Ted
Ask to see it in writing that its excluded.
Yeah that's my next move.

I'm annoyed that they are replacing the controller as well. 99% certain it's just the garbage pump design (and the TSB specifically calls out that it's an issue with a capacitor in the pump itself).

They of course had to order the parts and the clown waited to order the parts until he called me to "Apologize" but of course not order the parts until I was OK with this. Yep, way to apologize and cover your *** all in one. He of course didn't order the parts last night as I'm sure he realized he fucked up and didn't want the dealership to get stuck with the bill.

I own a small business. If I told a customer it was all covered and then the next day found out it wasn't...guess what? I just lost some money. I don't call the customer back and pull this stunt.

*Face palm*
Old 12-14-2018, 04:55 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 257 Likes on 215 Posts

Whoa whoa whoa. Emissions items have longer coverage than standard.

Cats and PCM's are covered 8 years 80k miles period on all cars, it's a federal mandate.

And even still it should be covered by the CPO warranty.

Emissions parts are not excluded wtf. Not that I'm aware of.

Normal wear and tear parts are excluded, belts, brake pads. **** like that.

Call in and go over his head, that's bullshit man.
Old 12-14-2018, 04:58 PM
TECH Junkie

Found a link about it

https://www.ncconsumer.org/news-arti...verlooked.html
Old 12-14-2018, 04:59 PM
TECH Junkie

Yeah ******* exactly if you tell the customer it's covered. It's either covered or it's your *** losing a customer.

Seriously, go over the dudes head.

And from what's been posted the problem is the fuel pump.

Also, ask them what's more important. Getting a few hundred dollars from you or you burning them down on google, yelp, their website etc and you posting the recorded conversation of them telling you it would be covered.

If they say sorry we made a mistake, say yeah you did it's on you to fix it. If it weren't a dealership I'd cut them a break, but when do they ever cut us a break? They didn't cut my 84 year old grandma a break a couple of years ago when she went in for an oil change and left with a new car she can't afford and is having trouble paying bills. They didn't cut me a break last Friday when I went in to buy a car and when I mentioned the selling price they advertised it for they marked it up 3k right in front of my face and said sorry we can't sell it for the advertised price.. That was a fun blow up at Young Chevrolet.

Last edited by 00pooterSS; 12-14-2018 at 05:05 PM.
Old 12-15-2018, 06:35 PM
Teching In

Whoa whoa whoa. Emissions items have longer coverage than standard.

Cats and PCM's are covered 8 years 80k miles period on all cars, it's a federal mandate.

And even still it should be covered by the CPO warranty.

Emissions parts are not excluded wtf. Not that I'm aware of.

Normal wear and tear parts are excluded, belts, brake pads. **** like that.

Call in and go over his head, that's bullshit man.
Will be speaking with several people there for sure. The truck has 81000 and change on it, so it's just shy past the 80k mark (and trust me, manufacturers will go to all lengths after to deny....I have a story about a Mercedes that would make most people's head explode....think 500 miles over and being told to eat $8000 in a timing chain replacement..yeahhh).

The real BS is that a fuel pump is considered an emissions component. Comedy platinum. More like a combustion component if we want to get technical.

At any rate, I'll update this thread as the battle progresses. For now I authorized them ordering the parts and they will call me for an actual date to bring it in for R&R sometime this coming week. I figure at a minimum I have them stuck with parts as I didn't sign **** (all on the phone after the initial diag visit).
Old 12-15-2018, 06:40 PM
Teching In

Yeah ******* exactly if you tell the customer it's covered. It's either covered or it's your *** losing a customer.

Seriously, go over the dudes head.

And from what's been posted the problem is the fuel pump.

Also, ask them what's more important. Getting a few hundred dollars from you or you burning them down on google, yelp, their website etc and you posting the recorded conversation of them telling you it would be covered.

If they say sorry we made a mistake, say yeah you did it's on you to fix it. If it weren't a dealership I'd cut them a break, but when do they ever cut us a break? They didn't cut my 84 year old grandma a break a couple of years ago when she went in for an oil change and left with a new car she can't afford and is having trouble paying bills. They didn't cut me a break last Friday when I went in to buy a car and when I mentioned the selling price they advertised it for they marked it up 3k right in front of my face and said sorry we can't sell it for the advertised price.. That was a fun blow up at Young Chevrolet.
You nailed it. I have had this argument with other dealerships over the years. They seem to not care. It's truly mind boggling. Honestly, I'm not a fan of American vehicle brands. We bought this as we needed a larger SUV (tons of kids) and it was a decent deal being a CPO truck. Well....my intuition was right. We went to this truck from a Toyota Sequoia. Know what I replaced/fixed on the Sequoia in 101,000 miles? Brake pads/rotors/oil changes (which I did all myself of course). This piece? Leaky shark fin antennae (which they stuck me with despite NOT sending me the courtesy letter that GM was replacing them for free...but of course did NOT send to me despite owning the car 1 month before it expired....GM gave "goodwill" on that one....and fucked me to the tune of $225). Then the fuel pump fiasco here.

I expect a modern vehicle to require nothing more than consumables (oil/wipers/pads/rotors/etc) during the first 100k. Major items like fuel pumps and a leaking antennae before that are a bit silly (and frankly shitty engineering). And I am used to garbage vehicles...(I race a 90 Eagle Talon...THAT is a hot piece of garbage), so I don't feel I'm being picky here.
Old 12-17-2018, 03:17 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by Freudie1
You nailed it. I have had this argument with other dealerships over the years. They seem to not care. It's truly mind boggling. Honestly, I'm not a fan of American vehicle brands. We bought this as we needed a larger SUV (tons of kids) and it was a decent deal being a CPO truck. Well....my intuition was right. We went to this truck from a Toyota Sequoia. Know what I replaced/fixed on the Sequoia in 101,000 miles? Brake pads/rotors/oil changes (which I did all myself of course). This piece? Leaky shark fin antennae (which they stuck me with despite NOT sending me the courtesy letter that GM was replacing them for free...but of course did NOT send to me despite owning the car 1 month before it expired....GM gave "goodwill" on that one....and fucked me to the tune of $225). Then the fuel pump fiasco here.

I expect a modern vehicle to require nothing more than consumables (oil/wipers/pads/rotors/etc) during the first 100k. Major items like fuel pumps and a leaking antennae before that are a bit silly (and frankly shitty engineering). And I am used to garbage vehicles...(I race a 90 Eagle Talon...THAT is a hot piece of garbage), so I don't feel I'm being picky here.

LOL I agree with all of the above.

I used to be a die hard japanese only car guy but man you have to admit when I comes to how the GM looks compared to the toyota there's no comparison. You really can't be a toyota for durability though, unless you get a GMT 800 truck (99-07) Those compete easily with toyota on durability and longevity. I just sold an 04 Sierra earlier this year with 190k on it. The only thing that failed in that time was the water pump. A pin broke in the rear end that I fixed cheaply but I blame that on my many burnouts and doing donuts in it and abusing the crap out of it. It still had the original OEM front brake pads on it at 190k and some time left to go on them too.

My 2014 truck, it's an all option SLT and it's beautiful. Way more powerful, fun, tows better etc. But it's the king of annoying noises. And I can just tell there's no way it's gonna hold up like the 04. But at least it's pretty.
Old 12-17-2018, 03:19 PM
TECH Junkie

For you Mercedes story, that's typical mercedes and why I refuse to own one. I would love to have one, but I'll be damned if I put up with all the mercedes bullshit and how expensive parts are. I was an account manager for Park Place mercedes once and worked with the service department all day every day. EVERY service writer there said to NEVER buy a mercedes without a warranty, working with them I saw why. I have my own experiences with them but being in the service department all day every day at a MB dealership..... never will I own a MB.

Quick Reply: P0232, P023F Codes