Notices
GMT K2xx Trucks General Discussion 2014+ Trucks | General Discussion

Are GM engineers stupid? In here!

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2014, 04:28 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Noah Burns
Yea, I'm sure the highly paid engineers that only focus on ergonomics put it "in the wrong place"... Maybe you're just an idiot and want to bitch about something totally irrelevant. Get a clue ahmad...
I asked you from your initial useless post to comment on the pictures I posted, which are official pictures from GM, can you show me another car/truck that has a steering wheel positioned a few inches off where it should be?

No need to act like a cry baby just because I wiped the floor with your sub $3000 turbo kit posts. Also it seems that you are too obsessed with my thread having more posts than I do, do you post on the forum for a living or what exactly?

By reading all the comments, it sounds like im dealing with a bunch of kids here, im not just giving you MY opinion on the steering wheel being severely offset, I actually provided you with hard evidence, everything you say should be directed at whether this is a correctly designed cockpit, or not. The fact that previous GM cars had the same problem doesn't work as a method of justifying it for the newer cars, so if you made mistakes in your life because you were ignorant, doesn't mean you would have to repeat your mistakes all over again, let alone MAKE THEM WORSE.

PS. almost all the responses are from members who don't own the truck, the least thing you could do before spreading more of your ignorance is having driven the truck for a few hours at least.
Old 08-04-2014, 04:48 PM
Hunt&Fisherator

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts

I've driven the 14's. Put several miles on a few different models. I've "noticed" it but it's never been an issue. I drive the thing just like I do every other truck...
Old 08-04-2014, 05:00 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I've been on two 10 hour road trips in the new 14 and my "elbow" was fine. Don't be calling us ignorant if you are ignorant yourself. How would you know who in this thread has driven or owned a new 14? This thread is pointless and should stickied in the comedy section.

You are not the first foreigner to bash an American made car and you won't be the last. So go take your daddies money, (notice I'm being ignorant about your financial situation since that seems to be your theme around the board) and buy a f**kng prius. Your skinny elbows should fit nicely in the drivers seat. I bet that hybrid engine will really put your tuning skills to the test.
Old 08-04-2014, 05:27 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

14,000+ miles behind the wheel in my 2014 and not one single problem… of course I have strong manly American elbows so maybe that's why.
Old 08-04-2014, 05:45 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by oakley6575
I've been on two 10 hour road trips in the new 14 and my "elbow" was fine. Don't be calling us ignorant if you are ignorant yourself. How would you know who in this thread has driven or owned a new 14? This thread is pointless and should stickied in the comedy section.

You are not the first foreigner to bash an American made car and you won't be the last. So go take your daddies money, (notice I'm being ignorant about your financial situation since that seems to be your theme around the board) and buy a f**kng prius. Your skinny elbows should fit nicely in the drivers seat. I bet that hybrid engine will really put your tuning skills to the test.
ah! that makes more sense, so you guys are all biased because the vehicle is American made, so instead of fixing the problem we will live with the problem because the vehicle is American made and we will not allow any end user to criticize our products.

Dear GM, lets install a ***** in the driver seat for all my 5+ foot tall friends with manly elbows because they wouldn't mind anything from an American company.

On a sidenote you have to realize that I purchased the truck with my own money and will even burn It to the ground if I wish to, no one donated the truck to me, I can criticize any vehicle I want regardless of who or where it was built. Ive owned in total more GM vehicles than any of you would care to imagine, and I would bet on that, so if GM were to listen to anyone's feedback that would be from customers like me and not members who are still driving their trucks from the 90's.
Old 08-04-2014, 05:58 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by ayousef
ah! that makes more sense, so you guys are all biased because the vehicle is American made, so instead of fixing the problem we will live with the problem because the vehicle is American made and we will not allow any end user to criticize our products.

Dear GM, lets install a ***** in the driver seat for all my 5+ foot tall friends with manly elbows because they wouldn't mind anything from an American company.

On a sidenote you have to realize that I purchased the truck with my own money and will even burn It to the ground if I wish to, no one donated the truck to me, I can criticize any vehicle I want regardless of who or where it was built. Ive owned in total more GM vehicles than any of you would care to imagine, and I would bet on that, so if GM were to listen to anyone's feedback that would be from customers like me and not members who are still driving their trucks from the 90's.
all I got from this is that you like ******.
Old 08-04-2014, 06:00 PM
Launching!

why dont you just drive the truck? making a thread about this isnt going to change where the steering wheel is
Old 08-04-2014, 06:01 PM
TECH Resident

oh and ps. im 6'2 and 218 lbs. and I have no problem with my 2014 rcsb steering wheel. or any gm product for that matter. you just need to stop whining or start taking the shoe lace express homie
Old 08-04-2014, 06:15 PM

Received 222 Likes on 148 Posts

i dont like the direction that GM went, so i'm still driving a 2002 HD silverado. if i were to buy new, i doubt it would be GM at this point in time. i've spent some time in the japanese full size trucks and like them a lot.
Old 08-04-2014, 06:16 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by MechE
why dont you just drive the truck? making a thread about this isnt going to change where the steering wheel is
I daily drive the truck, except that im not too happy about it. Noticed the problem about an hour AFTER I purchased the truck, I still have craploads of mods for the truck on the way so no looking back now...

Quick Reply: Are GM engineers stupid? In here!