Notices
GMT K2xx Trucks General Discussion 2014+ Trucks | General Discussion

Adding power windows, mirrors, seats, bluetooth etc.

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2017, 11:20 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Adding power windows, mirrors, seats, bluetooth etc.

I bought a wt model with roll up windows.
Can I buy and install the parts then have a gm tech reflash the ecm/bcm like you can with the GMT900's?

Anything you can't add to the wt model that a LTZ or High Country came with?

I'd like to keep things factory as in I don't want hack aftermarket crap.
Old 03-21-2017, 08:38 AM
Staging Lane

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

https://www.gen5diy.com/

this is where everybody gets the factory upgrades from, like radio and cluster upgrades

don't know about power windows though

the only two things I know of that you can't add on is the factory brake controller, and I believe the factory power steps
Old 03-21-2017, 08:40 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 36 Likes on 34 Posts

What year truck is it?
Old 03-21-2017, 06:43 PM
TECH Apprentice

Cool thank you

its a 2017

so are most stock electrical upgrades plug and play or does the bcm need to be programmed?
Old 03-21-2017, 07:33 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 36 Likes on 34 Posts

In the newer stuff everything has a module and needs to be programmed to use gm stuff anyway, i am sure there is a way around it with aftermarket parts..
Old 03-21-2017, 07:46 PM
TECH Apprentice

I want to use all factory gm stuff if possible. I just want to make sure that whatever I buy from gm like, radio controlled steering wheel, that it can be programmed.

I'm looking at door panels right now. kind of thinking of an escalade or denali panel if possible. Might be cheaper to buy a whole door cause I will need all constrols and power mirror etc.
Old 03-22-2017, 08:11 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by chris092183
I want to use all factory gm stuff if possible. I just want to make sure that whatever I buy from gm like, radio controlled steering wheel, that it can be programmed.

I'm looking at door panels right now. kind of thinking of an escalade or denali panel if possible. Might be cheaper to buy a whole door cause I will need all constrols and power mirror etc.
Genvdiy is your source for all things regarding factory gm upgrades that require programming. The guy who runs it actually R&D's the stuff. It's not some random retailer.
Old 03-22-2017, 05:28 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by chris092183
I bought a wt model with roll up windows.
Can I buy and install the parts then have a gm tech reflash the ecm/bcm like you can with the GMT900's?

Anything you can't add to the wt model that a LTZ or High Country came with?

I'd like to keep things factory as in I don't want hack aftermarket crap.
i hate to say it but it would have been cheaper to get an ls or lt..a guy at my job came in and wanted to get a wt converted over to the 8in radio, and we used all factory parts and ran into major issues, with communication between the modules and the bcm. on the newer trucks and cars every thing mostly goes through a data/can bus system. needless to say we put an alpine factory fit radio in and made life easier. just in him doing the factory radio upgrade it was about a $3000 job. so you factory in trying to get new door switches, lock modules, harnesses, window harness, regulators with motors and etc youre going to have a ALOT invested and its still going to be 50/50 and some trail and error to get it all to work. in my opinion its not worth it at all.
The following users liked this post:
Boost-freak (03-27-2017)
Old 03-22-2017, 05:33 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by musclecity85
i hate to say it but it would have been cheaper to get an ls or lt..a guy at my job came in and wanted to get a wt converted over to the 8in radio, and we used all factory parts and ran into major issues, with communication between the modules and the bcm. on the newer trucks and cars every thing mostly goes through a data/can bus system. needless to say we put an alpine factory fit radio in and made life easier. just in him doing the factory radio upgrade it was about a $3000 job. so you factory in trying to get new door switches, lock modules, harnesses, window harness, regulators with motors and etc youre going to have a ALOT invested and its still going to be 50/50 and some trail and error to get it all to work. in my opinion its not worth it at all.
That is precisely why people use the vendor I posted for this stuff.

He could throw the denali cluster in his truck no problem using that vendor.
Old 03-23-2017, 08:33 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Zman82
That is precisely why people use the vendor I posted for this stuff.

He could throw the denali cluster in his truck no problem using that vendor.
Its a 50/50 chance and that's a lot of money to invest in something that is likely to not work. A cluster is easy compared to what he's talking about.