Notices
GMT K2xx Trucks General Discussion 2014+ Trucks | General Discussion

8l90e shutter

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2019, 11:17 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 257 Likes on 215 Posts

Originally Posted by JCunningham
i was going to pay for it but it started doing it again on my way down there. My sales guy ripped me off on this truck. i overpaid big time. after i bought it i found 3 trucks with less than half the mileage advertised $2K cheaper and i bet in better shape. They also tried to con me out of my lease. they told me I had to pay off my lease to trade it in. I was stupid and did it, You cant trade in a lease early. They made it sound like people trade in their lease all the time and I fell for it. I paid off the lease i still had a year on and gave it to them. A week later I realized Why am I giving it to them when I paid the same amount as if I kept it. I call the GM financial and they said the truck is mine for the next year and they wont pick it up until its over. I went down and got my truck back. So now I have 2 17 Silverados. They have never given me any deals. I buy vehicles on impulse. Very stupid. If i can afford the payment i get what I want. I looked at the lease when all this happened. They told me they would take an extra $3k off because it was a loaner with almost 4000 miles on it. They only gave me $3000 off MSRP. I could have gotten that on a truck with 0 miles on it. im not going to be an idiot anymore.
Damn man they did screw you all the way around. That blows.

Originally Posted by HemiHunter
Ive read that having the trans tuned helps the durability. Anyone know if there would be worth to do it still under warranty and maybe never have to use the warranty
It can if done right. It can shorten it if done wrong. Basically you want somewhat firm shifts. Not hard, not banging and you don't want slipping sloppy shifts either.

You want to avoid slip because that wears clutches prematurely/quickly. You want firm so they just engage and grab and go. You don't want banging shifts though because that breaks the hard parts. So firm.. not soft, not hard.
Old 10-28-2019, 07:02 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 29 Likes on 26 Posts

They made it sound like people trade in their lease all the time and I fell for it. I paid off the lease i still had a year on and gave it to them. A week later I realized Why am I giving it to them when I paid the same amount as if I kept it. I call the GM financial and they said the truck is mine for the next year and they wont pick it up until its over. I went down and got my truck back. So now I have 2 17 Silverados.
Maybe look into transferring the lease and get somebody to take the truck off your hands and recoup some of your money.
Old 10-28-2019, 10:36 PM
TECH Resident

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

they wont allow me to transfer the lease even though it has been paid in full because it is with in 12 months of turn in. But my dad wanted to buy it when my lease ended so im letting him borrow it and he is paying the increase in my insurance on it. It has to stay registered and insured in my name.

Last edited by JCunningham; 10-29-2019 at 11:19 AM.
The following users liked this post:
Feed (10-29-2019)
Old 10-29-2019, 11:14 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 257 Likes on 215 Posts

Damn that sucks all the way around
Old 10-29-2019, 11:45 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 252 Likes on 164 Posts

Be sure and give them a Google review. People do read those.
Old 10-29-2019, 07:56 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 29 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by JCunningham
they wont allow me to transfer the lease even though it has been paid in full because it is with in 12 months of turn in. But my dad wanted to buy it when my lease ended so im letting him borrow it and he is paying the increase in my insurance on it. It has to stay registered and insured in my name.
Not sure how they work leases in your area but in NY a balloon payment is due at the end of the lease unless you turn it in and walk away, that balloon payment isn't always a good deal
Old 10-29-2019, 11:51 PM
TECH Resident

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

ya if i dont buy the truck or lease or buy another new GM vehicle i have to pay a $395 turn in fee. I wonder if they will reimburse me the 1 year of interest they owe me. you pay interest on a lease. mine was 3.9% . they owe me $217 in interest.
I took the truck to another dealer. the dealer I bought it from refused to do the flush unless they had proof of it shuttering even though the TSB says to just do it without diagnostics. The other dealer said sure no problem. Brought it in today and they gave me a loaner. they called me 4 hours later and said that they couldn't get it to shutter but they did the flush per the TSB. They then told me the tech went through the truck ( to see if they can sell me anymore service) and he he found that both oil cooler lines were leaking. That they are covered under the drivetrain warranty and if id like them replaced. i said sure. the dealer I bought it from said they checked the truck too. ya right. i noticed a slight oil smell a few days after i bought it. just haven't had a chance to get it on the lift. So id like to say thanks to Ken Barrett Chevrolet in Batavia NY for doing what the other dealer would not do for a customer that has bought 2 new silverados 2 new Camaro 2SSs and 2 used Silverado from them in the last 9 years.