Notices
GMT K2xx Trucks General Discussion 2014+ Trucks | General Discussion

2 6.2s boosted,one has H&C

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2017, 03:16 PM

Received 61 Likes on 60 Posts

With the boost numbers you are both pushing you are in very efficient operating ranges for the blower. I think what I was trying to say is that a pulley swap (blower RPM) will be much more effective than the head and cam swap is at that point. My guess is despite his significant mods over your truck, its not night and day faster because he is running the same pulley you are.

Now if you were pushing more boost and were beyond what the engine and blower can flow efficiently together, the heads and cam have a drastic improvement on performance. In other words, as you both begin to pulley down his will start to show larger gains.
Old 06-19-2017, 04:21 PM
PSM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'll jump in on the race! I'm going to New Era Performance in a couple weeks. They are doing a smaller pulley(8-9 psi), AFE momentum sealed I take modified to fit up to the eforce, off road y pipe, and tune. This will be the first time I'm paying for someone to wrench on my truck, but if it's out there for the pulley/tune, why not help it breath better. Now we'll have a three way boosted 6.2 race, Whipple vs Maggie vs Eforce!
Old 06-20-2017, 12:33 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by PSM
I'll jump in on the race! I'm going to New Era Performance in a couple weeks. They are doing a smaller pulley(8-9 psi), AFE momentum sealed I take modified to fit up to the eforce, off road y pipe, and tune. This will be the first time I'm paying for someone to wrench on my truck, but if it's out there for the pulley/tune, why not help it breath better. Now we'll have a three way boosted 6.2 race, Whipple vs Maggie vs Eforce!
Bro I like it,bring it,challenge accepted
Old 06-20-2017, 12:55 AM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by PSM
Ok bro time to come clean,whats been gong on with Vera? Slow hawk tuned,his numbers came in lower than expected which doesnt mean its slow.You are ready to move onto New Era,they are supposed to be top notch.Does New Era use HP tuning? HP has better A8 capabilities .How about a sig for your truck ol buddy it is 2017,Have you been to the track? any vids? thanks for jumping into the mix.
Old 06-20-2017, 01:18 AM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by Vortec350ss
With the boost numbers you are both pushing you are in very efficient operating ranges for the blower. I think what I was trying to say is that a pulley swap (blower RPM) will be much more effective than the head and cam swap is at that point. My guess is despite his significant mods over your truck, its not night and day faster because he is running the same pulley you are.

Now if you were pushing more boost and were beyond what the engine and blower can flow efficiently together, the heads and cam have a drastic improvement on performance. In other words, as you both begin to pulley down his will start to show larger gains.
Ok bro you got all fancy just wanted to know how the two current trucks compared.......awww just given you sh*t............I know you know you stuff as well as anyone/most still hanging on here.
Old 06-20-2017, 05:45 AM
PSM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by gonzo 6.2
Ok bro time to come clean,whats been gong on with Vera? Slow hawk tuned,his numbers came in lower than expected which doesnt mean its slow.You are ready to move onto New Era,they are supposed to be top notch.Does New Era use HP tuning? HP has better A8 capabilities .How about a sig for your truck ol buddy it is 2017,Have you been to the track? any vids? thanks for jumping into the mix.

No track runs other than the 14.08@ 97 stock. I'm Leary of full 1/4 runs until I get a new driveshaft due to the speed. Maybe I'll get some 1/8 mile times and just let off at the end.

I guess I can update my signature
Old 06-20-2017, 08:31 AM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by PSM
No track runs other than the 14.08@ 97 stock. I'm Leary of full 1/4 runs until I get a new driveshaft due to the speed. Maybe I'll get some 1/8 mile times and just let off at the end.

I guess I can update my signature
I dont get the driveshaft concern on these 4x4s,I hear bros running up to 140mph from time to time.At that speed I would be afraid something happening but 115 mph Im ok with .could put a loop in to give confidence.