Notices
GMT 900 Trucks General Discussion 2007 - 2013 Trucks | General Discussion

What would you buy this truck for?

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-2012, 12:26 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

THanks guys. I have seen a few trucks with just superchargers sell for 25k or 26k which is why I started at 30k. The thing is they had rims which i obviously lack. I would think performance parts would be more worth it than rims. Trucks with rims are a dime a dozen. There are few trucks with quality rims these days now that so may companies jumpd on the wagon and offer rims for peanuts.

anywho I got a guy coming over today so we shall see.
Old 11-27-2012, 11:09 AM
Launching!

Ill trade you my blue metallic 07 ext. cab w/ the 1LT interior super uber rare truck. it's owned by this awesome dude who keeps it clean... its got a wicked stock everything! Id even throw in a free cd a friend left in the super stock radio. you know its worth it.

Okay, maybe your truck is worth a bit more... The honest to god number that popped in my head after seeing the truck was 26K. And guess what, it was because of visuals. Hate admitting it but most of us are sorta stupid and if the outside doesn't look good we wont shed more cash haha. got a bud with a 95 stang with a built 466 in it that spanked a procharged fox body that ran 10.65 and hes selling it for 10k and no one cares because externally its not shiny. from the start of the on ramp to on the highway were over 110mph but the most people want to shell out is 5k. if he had let me paint the hood right and he did body work he could get 12k plus. thing has less than 2k on the entire build and no one wants a car that spanks a 10.65 fox body. If I had the money id buy it to race idiots and make my investment back and put chevy seat covers in it.
Old 11-27-2012, 07:01 PM
TECH Enthusiast

its a base model 5.3 with a charger and built trans, if someone gave you $23k id say you made out like a champ
Old 11-27-2012, 07:55 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

You might get 25-30,000 or little more....get that fender fixed :p
Old 11-27-2012, 08:05 PM
Admin

Received 216 Likes on 172 Posts

Just a suggestion. You are basing a big part of your sale on the performance modifications that were done to it, post up some pictures of under the hood and what was done. You have already stated that it doesnt have big rims or anything so show us what it does have. The truck looks very clean and well taken care of, but how does it look under the hood?
Old 11-30-2012, 10:31 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by cams 98 silverado
Ill trade you my blue metallic 07 ext. cab w/ the 1LT interior super uber rare truck. it's owned by this awesome dude who keeps it clean... its got a wicked stock everything! Id even throw in a free cd a friend left in the super stock radio. you know its worth it.
Okay, maybe your truck is worth a bit more... The honest to god number that popped in my head after seeing the truck was 26K. And guess what, it was because of visuals. Hate admitting it but most of us are sorta stupid and if the outside doesn't look good we wont shed more cash haha...covers in it.
Lol

I hear ya. If I were to buy a nice truck I wouldn't want any flaws on the paint or body cause I don't want to have to pay to get it fixed since I don't know crap about bodywork. Other than the dent on the fender and about three small scratches, the truck's body and paint is nicer than probably 95% of the trucks I see because I always park as far as possible from other cars. I always have a thick coat of wax and cause it has always been garaged.

Originally Posted by blackvmax07
its a base model 5.3 with a charger and built trans, if someone gave you $23k id say you made out like a champ

Oh thanks for letting me know that I bought the wt model. I'm gonna call Harbor Chevy and ream them for selling me a WT trim for a LT1 price. BTW it goes WT-LS-LT1-LT2-LTZ.

btw i saw your truck and it's really a Ssangyong Actyon

Originally Posted by 06murder
You might get 25-30,000 or little more....get that fender fixed :p
I wish I knew a body guy cause I can't fix it.

Originally Posted by 03sierraslt
Just a suggestion. You are basing a big part of your sale on the performance modifications that were done to it, post up some pictures of under the hood and what was done. You have already stated that it doesnt have big rims or anything so show us what it does have. The truck looks very clean and well taken care of, but how does it look under the hood?
You are absolutely right. I have been meaning to do that. I gotta get my chick's camera back so I can do so. My camera's pic quality is pretty crappy. Thanks man I am very meticulous with it. I will hopefully have some of those pics soon.

Last edited by chris092183; 11-30-2012 at 10:33 PM. Reason: typo
Old 11-30-2012, 11:43 PM
TECH Enthusiast

[QUOTE=chris092183;5032298]Lol

Oh thanks for letting me know that I bought the wt model. I'm gonna call Harbor Chevy and ream them for selling me a WT trim for a LT1 price. BTW it goes WT-LS-LT1-LT2-LTZ.

btw i saw your truck and it's really a Ssangyong Actyon

i didnt say work truck, and i know how the order goes but thanks for the reminder just giving my opinion
And wtf is Ssangyong Actyon
Old 12-01-2012, 05:10 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by blackvmax07

i didnt say work truck, and i know how the order goes but thanks for the reminder just giving my opinion
And wtf is Ssangyong Actyon

I know you didn't say work truck. You said base model.
I will admit I don't know if the work truck IS a base model.
I do know that you skipped the LS trim and elected to say that my truck (the LT1) was a base model.
If you did "know how the order goes" you wouldn't have stated that I have a base model.
You also state it just has a "charger and a built trans". Again you are downplaying the trucks worth for what reason i don't know. you seem to have disregarded the following.

1 truetrac/4.10
2 driveshaft
3 triple disc circle d
4 sfi flexplate
5 trucool 40k
6 tonneau cover
7 thorley lt's
8 true duals
9 innovate wideband/afr guage
10 lojack
etc etc

That's over 5k in crappola

The reason I posted this thread was to get an idea of what number to settle for by qualified knowledgeable members. I do appreciate the not so knowledgable members input as well cause more than likely i will be selling it to a non member with not as much knowledge as a PT member.

Your opinion would matter if you read the build list.

google Ssangyong Actyon or just type in "gayest cars of all time" and it should pobably pop up. lol

There is nothing left to debate about if you look at the facts.

Lets get back on track here.

thanks to all for the opinions. keep them coming