Notices
GMT 900 Trucks General Discussion 2007 - 2013 Trucks | General Discussion

What has been your warrenty issues?

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2009, 09:09 AM
JB1
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

my only problem was an oil leak right above the filter at the aux oil cooler plate. Simple gasket change fixed in a few hours at the dealer.

Oh and Im getting new seat covers next week
Old 11-07-2009, 11:16 AM
TECH Fanatic

only problems ive had was the bed side weld broke in the back but i welded that up rather then them hacking it and my tailgate handle is rusty as **** inside and the spring is not strong enough to return it. so you open it fine but will not close without sticking something in there and pushing the arms back.. at 40k miles the 36k rust protection is no good.... but i could just walk over to the counter there and order one...
Old 11-07-2009, 06:44 PM
Launching!

Oil Pressure Sending Unit (or sensor) was loose and leaked-Tightened
Same thing again-Replaced
AC Rattled-Replaced something inside
Tailgate wouldn't latch right-after complaining three times-Fixed (supposedly the cable was twisted inside)
Old 11-08-2009, 07:37 PM
Teching In

Battery replacement
Driver's window squealed going down (they lubed the track).
Lower ball joints
RH hub assemebly (last two to fix a clicking noise up front when turning at low speed)

Just got a letter from GM about the dealer needing to remove seat insulation to avoid a short.
Old 11-09-2009, 12:16 AM
Banned

I've had about 5 injectors replaced / 2 coils / cables/
its all been covered by waranty.
i've taken it with tune,open cutoff, and had no problems with dealeship'
Old 11-11-2009, 08:58 PM
On The Tree

Passenger side doorlock and a recall with the airbag module holding moisture.

The passenger side electric window button is acting weird also, you have to click it three or four times before you can get the window to go up
Old 11-14-2009, 08:15 AM
Teching In

None, yet, but I have some complaints.

Dash rattles. I've gotten rid of all of them except one, which appears to be related to the tiny vent on the driver's side that points at the window. The worst one was the cheap chromed plastic in the instrument panel squeaked. Same with the chrome trim around the 12v sockets on the dash.

Seatbelt rattles. The stupid roof drops (why didn't they put them in the seats?) rattle. Got these mostly fixed.

Rear door rattles (extended cab). Pulled the trim off and put a ton of velcro behind it.

Door squeaks. This is something to do with the fact that there is no center post on extended cabs so the doors move around a lot. Still chasing all these.

Clicking from the front-end at low speeds. I suspect it's the driver side unit bearing.

Front universal of rear driveshaft has shat out most of its grease, and it's black. Not sure if this is normal or not as they look nothing like any universals I've ever put in a vehicle. Made in China perhaps? I usually buy Neapco or Spicer.

Lifter noise. haven't heard any aluminum engine from GM that didn't have it except an LS7. Sometimes it even collapses. I'll deal with it.

Goodyear LS2 tires are junk. Haven't decided if I'm going to boil the hydes and try to get them warranted/sell the new ones or if I'm going to buy something else and try to sell these ones used.
Old 11-15-2009, 03:49 PM
On The Tree

Took mine in for what I thought was an air conditioner leak. Turns out my third brake light was leaking behind the lens. Which allowed dew to come in, run down the back of the cab, and soak the driver side front/rear carpet. Hopefully the carpet is not moldy, because I'll take it right back. So if your carpet is wet, check the brake light.
Old 11-16-2009, 02:32 PM
On The Tree

1-driver elect seat motor not working
2-engine oil level low message (replaced the engine level switch )
3-fog lamb
4-rear pass door handle broken
5-front diff gasket leak.
Old 11-21-2009, 01:31 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by iamkeniff
at 18k i had a rear main seal leaking. ive had rotor problems since 19k an its not covered under warrenty which is BS IMO. thats ok though drilled an slotted rotors hear i come.
my driveshaft needs to be changed to a 2 peice
Why are you going with a worse performing braking system?

Quick Reply: What has been your warrenty issues?