Notices
GMT 900 Trucks General Discussion 2007 - 2013 Trucks | General Discussion

Tinted windshield and navi for the 09

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2009, 08:56 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tinted windshield and navi for the 09

Just recently got an Pioneer AVIC-X910BT installed in my truck along with Sirius radio, back up camera and Ipod cable...

this is the only decent pic I got of it...kept getting glare with the camera

Im new to the whole double din navi units but all I can say is WOW!!! really impressed with the unit, Ill have to take a vid to show all of its features...

while I was getting that installed I finally found someone who would tint my whole windshield...I had my windshield tinted 50% along with a 15% brow and had them apply another 15% over the 5% on the rear window...

Im really impressed with how it looks on the truck and how well you can see out of it...heres some pics...

50% on the shield and 5% on the sides...you can see there isnt that much difference with the window down...

heres a pic of the back up camera...

Old 08-03-2009, 06:04 PM
Launching!

wow...looks great, the windshield really cleans up the front of the truck
Old 08-03-2009, 08:31 PM
TECH Addict

How much did the navi cost including installation? I'm think about getting one.
Old 08-03-2009, 08:35 PM
TECH Addict

Looks good man.. loving the tint.. I have the Avic 900bt in mine and i love it.. thing is bad *** and easy to use..
Old 08-03-2009, 08:42 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by qwk93ta
How much did the navi cost including installation? I'm think about getting one.
it was around 1500 with the unit itself, back up camera, ipod cable and Sirius cable all hooked up...def. worth it to say the least

Originally Posted by D_reks{5.3}
Looks good man.. loving the tint.. I have the Avic 900bt in mine and i love it.. thing is bad *** and easy to use..
thanks bro...the tint grows on me more and more everyday...really impressed with the avic, like you said...very easy to use!
Old 08-05-2009, 08:58 AM
no title here

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Take that 50% off and put 35 on. I used to have all my trucks tinted 5% all around, then 35% down the windshield. A cop got shot and killed so they started enforcing tint laws here My dually now is 20 over stock rear tint which is about 7% and 20% with 35% on the front two doors which is equal to about 10% or so. I didn't want it so dark because of towing and again, tint laws. Even though all my vehicles are illegal I try to only bend the laws. The double DINs are super. I have an Alpine in my dually and Sony in my Yukon
Old 08-06-2009, 12:10 AM
Staging Lane

Default Tint strip

what did that tint strip run ya?
Old 08-06-2009, 05:27 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by skyhighsami
Take that 50% off and put 35 on. I used to have all my trucks tinted 5% all around, then 35% down the windshield. A cop got shot and killed so they started enforcing tint laws here My dually now is 20 over stock rear tint which is about 7% and 20% with 35% on the front two doors which is equal to about 10% or so. I didn't want it so dark because of towing and again, tint laws. Even though all my vehicles are illegal I try to only bend the laws. The double DINs are super. I have an Alpine in my dually and Sony in my Yukon
I had thought about getting 35% but with my truck being dark, dark interior and all the other windows blacked out I figured it would be plenty dark enough...so far Im very pleased with it...

Originally Posted by murguia68
what did that tint strip run ya?
well I had the whole windshield done and the strip across the windshield as well...it was around 120 for the both...
Old 08-06-2009, 12:50 PM
On The Tree

how are you going to attach the registration and inspection?
how do you tell the inspection place not to use a razor blade or attach it a certain way?
I was going to do that, but i didn't think i could get passed them wanting to put it on their own way. Looks good though!
I know here in Texas if a trooper saw how low that front brow is, he'd pull you over. they're ******** about that!
I bet it's like a cave in there during the middle of the day lol. Nice having your own privacy isn't it? lol
Old 08-06-2009, 03:50 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by BLKZ71
how are you going to attach the registration and inspection?
how do you tell the inspection place not to use a razor blade or attach it a certain way?
I was going to do that, but i didn't think i could get passed them wanting to put it on their own way. Looks good though!
I know here in Texas if a trooper saw how low that front brow is, he'd pull you over. they're ******** about that!
I bet it's like a cave in there during the middle of the day lol. Nice having your own privacy isn't it? lol
the regi and inspection were scrapped off and I just reattached with scotch tape...doesnt look the greatest but it doesnt mess with the tint when I take it off...well when I get it inspected, Im going to a buddy that 'looks the other way' if you catch my drift...lol so Ill tell him just to give me the sticker and Ill put it on...

I love it...its bright and sunny out and no need for me to wear sunglasses...

Quick Reply: Tinted windshield and navi for the 09