GMT 900 Trucks General Discussion 2007 - 2013 Trucks | General Discussion

Sneaky Silverado

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2012, 08:48 AM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by gonzo 6.0
I am loving the **** out of that sound and use of parts,once again nicely played
Yessir - sounds fantastic to me.

Any drone on the freeway?
Old 09-12-2012, 11:52 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by gonzo 6.0
I am loving the **** out of that sound ....
Me too. GREAT sound.
Old 09-12-2012, 12:06 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts

Just had to listen to it again,not only the sound,tone,slight flowmaster growl,all that and to know its likely to have no drown.Oh and the bitchin looking tailpipe.What is yours from and do you know what years are the same?
Old 09-12-2012, 05:49 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Zero drone, in fact in 6th I can barely hear it. To quote my buddy "Well, if you know the difference between a powerful motor and a loud one you can tell its makin power. Its loud but good noise and not too over the top."
Gmt900 duramax's have 4" pipe and that tip although from my observation they all aren't the same. Mine came from an 08 and has a flange just before the muffler. The muffler is about the same dimensions as stock but it's 6" shorter. Mine also has a bit of crimps/kinks on the last bend to clear what I figure is for the leaf/ spare. The 2010 up models are straight 4" all the way back and have a big long round muffler. The inside of this one looks like a super turbo type. I did have to section it about 4.5" just after the diff to tuck it up and pull the tip in.
It for sure uncorked it, third gear pulls harder and lays 315/60 rubber on the pavement where before it would just bark em.

Here is in cab from 15-70 mph

Thanks again for the props fellas!

Last edited by dick_landy; 09-12-2012 at 07:05 PM.
Old 12-14-2012, 02:04 PM
TECH Apprentice

Spoke to Alky Control today about putting together a methanol injection kit for my truck. I decided to use the factory windshield washer tank as my reservoir to keep it stealthy. I anticipate some great results.
Old 01-02-2013, 08:33 PM
TECH Apprentice

14 days in transit is a long time when you're anticipating goodies in the mail!

I'm glad I chose Alky Control. Everything is very well made and the support has been great.

On to the good stuff:

Last edited by dick_landy; 04-14-2017 at 07:08 AM.
Old 01-02-2013, 11:35 PM
TECH Fanatic

Damn this is a bad *** build,much props to this beast!
Old 01-04-2013, 11:15 PM
TECH Apprentice

I started to install the Alky Control kit today, I didn't make a ton of progress but I did take some time to thoroughly plan where I wanted to mount the pump. The pump needs to be vertical and lower than the tank and because I'm using an OEM washer tank, its pretty low which really didn't leave me alot of options.
I chose a spot in front of the drivers side tire on the frame rail in front of the inner wheel well. Because of obstacles like bolt heads and dimples in the frame I decided to make a bracket for the pump to call its home.

Stainless steel bracket that mounts to the bottom of the frame and to the body mount.

Here is the pump mounted. I utilized the 2 bolt the where the bumper support bolts to the body mount and used the 4 stainless self tappers that came with the kit on the underside of the frame rail to mount the bracket. Home Depot furnished the stainless bolts and nylon lock nuts that secured the pump to my bracket.

Conveniently right on the other side of the body mount is an OEM ground. The pumps ground had the perfect amount of wire to route it over and attach it there.

I couldn't be more pleased on how it turned out. I'll pluck away at things over the weekend, I have some neat ideas for the gain controller.

Last edited by dick_landy; 04-14-2017 at 07:14 AM.
Old 01-12-2013, 11:25 AM
On The Tree

Where did you pick up the heat exchanger from if you don't mind? Build looks insane!
Old 01-12-2013, 06:59 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by TheBurlyMan
Where did you pick up the heat exchanger from if you don't mind? Build looks insane!
Thanks. The heat exchanger is from Frozenboost. It's not a direct bolt in, I had to make mounting tabs for it and weld them on.

I'm still plugging away at the Alky Control kit. I ordered a bunch of clips from GM so I'm waiting for them to arrive. They are the clips that hold the hood release cable and washer hose. I'm going to use them to hold the Alky Control wiring.

I also picked up a boost gauge from a Cobalt SS. My plan was to try and figure out how to wire it in but I think I'm going to have to swap the face and needle to a mechanical gauge. I really want to use this gauge because its an OEM piece and won't look out of place. It's in kPA and not psi but its what the truck would have gotten if it were an option (Canadian)

Quick Reply: Sneaky Silverado